Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't understand the overreactions in this thread ...

It's a game that they are publishing not a third party game, they aren't "selling out"

If you don't like shooters and stuff don't play it. It literally doesn't affect you if they add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    What you don't do for money.......
    It's their game ... they are publishing it, it's being published by "Activision" which is owned by "Activsion Blizzard" it has nothing to do with money. Why speak if you don't know what you are talking about ... lol

Is this going to put another game icon I don't use onto my launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh? That's a bit surprising. Didn't expect Blizzard to host other games with their app.
    It's being developed by a different company, but they are basically publishing it, so it really isn't that much of a jump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Is this going to put another game icon I don't use onto my launcher?
    Probably, how does that affect your life? If you don't want to play it, don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    I think you are jumping the gun there, it just means that bungie is a part of activision and are using what is essentially an in house delivery system for destiny 2 as activision does not have one like Blizzard, Steam, EA ect.
    To be fair as far as technical prowess and simply creating software that works bungie is to console as Blizzard is to PC. People can complain about balance and shit but these games work and if they don't they fix them ASAP. Its part of why Blizzard and bungie are both as successful and almost revered as they are on their platforms. I think this is why a bungie title is the perfect choice for the first non Blizzard product to be put on the launcher. If I were them I wouldn't trust anyone else enough to risk my brand taking a little bit of a beating if it doesn't go well.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-05-18 at 08:06 PM.

i hate how they say its cause they love destiny 2, thats horseshit. its all business now, all for money. just say it like fuck

Can't say it's a stupid move. As Activision, it's more efficient to only have one "steam-like" platform rather than one per game company. Less expensive to make, and helps sales by doing advertising at the same time.

However it will feel weird to have Destiny on the launcher..

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    they say they wuld not put other game on it
    Got a source for that?

ib4 Blizzard becoming the PC division of Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkk121 View Post
    I'm so confused... Didn't they say they were going away from using the name Battle.net?
    Maybe it's like LoL trying to name ADC Marksmen, after so long it just sticks.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaarashatan View Post
    i hate how they say its cause they love destiny 2, thats horseshit. its all business now, all for money. just say it like fuck
    Activision owns Blizzard, Activision holds exclusive publishing rights to Destiny and all future Destiny titles, and is in partnership with Bungie. It makes sense to put it on the Launcher that won't cost anything extra to put it on. Sure its going to bring them more money then putting it on steam, but its not like its some third party company that PAID blizzard to put it on the launcher, both Blizzard Entertainment and Bungie are part of the Activision entity, they just hold on to the rights of their own IP in the the event that they split off from Activision.

then explain why Xur is in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    ib4 Blizzard becoming the PC division of Activision.
    Aren't they already?

Either way, only thing i'm kind of worried about is having the game shoved down my throat through more cross-games promotions. I didn't mind that much when Blizzard used that strategy to promote their own games but its going to get mad annoying if Activision's other stuff get thrown into it.

Neat. I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Neat. I suppose.
    Gravelord Neato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

I have no interest in Destiny but sure why the hell not.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean the curious coin vendor in Dalaran is already a reference to Destiny but I am sure that has nothing to do with anyone on the WoW team liking destiny or anything

As long as WoW achievements/items won't become obtainable through non-Blizzard games, (like getting the HS mount by playing HS etc.) I'm ok with it. Up until now I just bought Diablo, SC2, etc. just for the sake of supporting Blizzard and getting WoW stuff through those games, even though I don't actually play them. If the opposite will happen and they're going to include non-Blizzard games as well, I just won't buy any Blizzard games anymore except for WoW.
    Last edited by Tisane; 2017-05-18 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    As long as WoW achievements/items won't become obtainable through non-Blizzard games, (like getting the HS mount by playing HS etc.) I'm ok with it.
    Since Blizz is only hosting social aspects I would say it's safe to say that will not happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I think it's awesome as long as they don't continue to add too many non-Blizzard games to bnet.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I thought it was called the Blizzard app now and not Battle.net.
    It's like the Sears tower. Blizzard can rename it all they want but everyone is still going to call it Battle.net

I found the first Destiny to be rather boring, but as a gold sink I might give the sequel a shot. I wonder if this decision is based on the canceled Titan project that might've been what made Destiny as a new game, while the actual project became Overwatch.

I find it rather funny that Blizzard still calls their own launcher ''Battle.Net'' while they deliberately changed its name to just ''Blizzard App''. Maybe not a good change after all? I know I still call it Battle.Net for sure.

Also I wish that Blizzard would add some of their classic games like WC2 + WC3 on the launcher.