Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Got a source for that?
    the article.....

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    It's like the Sears tower. Blizzard can rename it all they want but everyone is still going to call it Battle.net
    Was the Sears tower renamed? And I totally agree. I even renamed my desktop shortcut back to battle.net.

Destiny is the only game I can think of I hated as much as the WoD content drought.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkagial View Post
    "Blizzard’s servers will be used for features related to the Blizzard platform, such as login and social functionality." DDOS the login server and you affect Destiny 2.
    Login refers to having a Battle.net account, to which Destiny 2 will be linked to on PC.

you guys are missing one thing

many games on Steam are cracked with Steam Emulation, using Blizzard B.Net system for their login systems (and probably game initialization) will increase alot of their chance of the game not being cracked and this is the most important aspect for them (not the chat between games crap lol)

These large scale production games where their marketing gets ahead of their vision resulting in a downward trend from day one.

The solution?

Make a second one and do it again....

Whats Battle.net? Only got some Blizzard App now.

This is setting a very bad and annoying precedent. I already didn't want to have to use battle net launcher in the first place, but now you're shoving non blizzard games down our throats as well.

Its bad enough that every company has its own launcher for there games these days, but now you're combining other random games that aren't even connected to the blizzard universe of games.

This has nothing to do with getting Destiny out for people to enjoy sooner - its entirely a ploy to cut corners on development costs to rush the release for $. Really irritating.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2017-05-18 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopplegager View Post
    Was the Sears tower renamed? And I totally agree. I even renamed my desktop shortcut back to battle.net.
    Yes, it was renamed the Willis Tower in 2009 but I don't know of anyone who actually calls it that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    This is setting a very bad and annoying precedent. I already didn't want to have to use battle net launcher in the first place, but now you're shoving non blizzard games down our throats as well.

Its bad enough that every company has its own launcher for there games these days, but now you're combining other random games that aren't even connected to the blizzard universe of games.
    I would hate to be in such a state of mind where a new icon on an app would bother me as much as this is doing to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I'm not really bothered by the news itself.

But I am bothered by the way they answered the "why". It is so darn obvious that this has nothing to do with "oh, no, we really love destiny". It's just a way for Activision to skip third parties like steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I would hate to be in such a state of mind where a new icon on an app would bother me as much as this is doing to you.
    I hate Destiny. It is my least favorite game I've ever played. It was a bigger let down than believing anything Molyneux would say when he was at Lionhead. I don't want to see any ads for. I don't want to see mention of it on a platform it was never supposed to be on.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

I hate Destiny. It is my least favorite game I've ever played. It was a bigger let down than believing anything Molyneux would say when he was at Lionhead. I don't want to see any ads for. I don't want to see mention of it on a platform it was never supposed to be on.

and cut corners on development so it can get rushed out in time for quarterly earnings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    I think you are jumping the gun there, it just means that bungie is a part of activision and are using what is essentially an in house delivery system for destiny 2 as activision does not have one like Blizzard, Steam, EA ect.
    If that was indeed the case, why are we not seeing massive games like CoD on the platform?

The reason why the game is integrated onto the b.net platform is because the gameplay is similar to every other Blizzard games - in fact I remember reading an article from Kotaky from a few years ago, explaining how Bungie called upon the developpers of D3 (who worked on the xpac) to help them make meaningful design decisions.

I frankly believe it's not just Activision using this as their own personal platform, but instead Blizzard expanding their launcher to fit with products which has the same philosophy.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so then it is your own personal problem and not an actual problem. For a second I thought you had a legitimate concern and weren't just being a whiney brat about something you literally have next to no info on other than Blizz is hosting social features for a sequel game you clearly don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    I would prefer for blizz to move its games to steam instead of activision moving them to bnet I got over 5000 games on Steam... annoying if they keep this up..

Gonna be honest, i hope more games pop up, but games that im interested in, because i could buy them with my craptons of wow gold, :P
    Ain't gonna buy this, but its an interesting thing.

Please do not add CoD next.

Deleted
    Well, atleast this explains the influx in RNG the last couple of patches, I suppose... Cannot have 2 competing MMO-type games with one being less RNG driven, now can we? /s

Deleted
    More ads for my warcraft launcher, "yay"

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Since it's on Battle.net I suppose we'll be able to buy it thank to WoW Token ? Might be a good commercial opportunity for Activision Blizzard, since people might want to spend their gold to test this new game they could not afford with $$$.
    Says right in the article, that you obviously didn't read, that yes we will be able to use tokens.