Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about just killing the destiny franchise and make a "PVE side" to overwatch ?

Can see blizzard doing a way better job at a "diabloish PVE FPS" than the aweful thing activision came with.

And that my friends is how Blizzard gets me to turn 2 million gold into Bnet balance...

Well, using Blizzard's foundation certainly saves them a lot of trouble. Social integration already done, and one of the best anti-cheat systems built-in (Warden).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    And that my friends is how Blizzard gets me to turn 2 million gold into Bnet balance...
    To buy a mediocre game ?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    To buy a mediocre game ?
    That's an assumption, not a fact. The game has yet to be released.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    and that is the best example for decision makers totally influenced by money and investors. blizzard and the blizzard app team merely have to do their bidding.

so strange to see this game there. maybe i will play it, but it will always feel off.
    Yepp. This, a hundred times this.
    It's got fuck all to do with them liking Destiny. It's all about money and investors. Why is it uneccesary develpment time to build your own client for your own game? Complete corporate bulllshit-talk.

Deleted
    They can do that with a couple more games if that means I get to buy these games with WoW gold.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Amazing news! I wouldn't trust anyone else for that. To put the game on the b.net platform means that Blizzard personally backs it, which to me is all I needed as proof of quality.
    No, it means the opposite. How can you give a proof of quality to a game that doesn't exist yet? Don't be a fool.
    Blizzar don't personaly back it. Activision wants a cheap, easy platform solution to avoid Steam and this was it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I find it rather funny that Blizzard still calls their own launcher ''Battle.Net'' while they deliberately changed its name to just ''Blizzard App''. Maybe not a good change after all? I know I still call it Battle.Net for sure.
    All of our guild mates and my RL friends call it BattleNet - I do not think it will ever change. Maybe the next generation will call it that name - whenever that is after the millions of people installing it with Overwatch, HS and so on. XD

BTT:

I welcome Destiny 2. It is a smart move, for both companies (given that many Destiny Devs used to be working for Blizzard, even more so).
    Destiny 1 was wonderfully saved with the revamp and got even better with every Expac. They surely picked up from there and therefore I will look forward to be playing Destiny 2 with my friends and possibly guild mates between WoW and whatever else.

Eh, never played the original and likely won't play this one, but I certainly don't care if Blizz wants to add another game to the launcher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    To buy a mediocre game ?
    I doubt he even needs 2 million, 5 tokens get you 65 Euro on EU realms, that would be 1 million gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Yepp. This, a hundred times this.
    It's got fuck all to do with them liking Destiny. It's all about money and investors. Why is it uneccesary develpment time to build your own client for your own game? Complete corporate bulllshit-talk.
    In a way, you could ask the question "Why reinvent the wheel?". What is the point in building up a social platform, when there already exists one. Sure they could have gone with steam... But then again, both Bungie and Blizzard are owned by Activision. It might be more logical for them to use their platform.

Developing something that already exists, would be a waste of resources that they could invest in making their game better! It's not just about capital, money and investors but also about priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    They can do that with a couple more games if that means I get to buy these games with WoW gold.
    thats just it I was gonna buy destiny 2 anyways......

Now I get to buy it with the $200 dollars in BNET i have left from dumping gold i had from Archi sales.... Its AMAZING.... and I know alot of my guild is gonna try it too cause we have have so much Bnet its w/e to us to use Bnet on something. So I know atleast 4-5 people just that ive talked to in the last hour that are gonna play the game that never would have tried it any other way. so its definitely a win.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-05-18 at 09:15 PM.

And suddenly Battle.net became Steam.

Let me translate that:
    "We loved Destiny", "Creating a network client, [...] would needlessly extend the development period for the game. We want to get our hands on Destiny 2 as soon as possible like everybody else, so we offered to share our PC platform" actually means: We found a way to make lots of money a) from our sister company and b) from customers, so it was basic math that drove us to do it.

"we don’t have any short- or long-term plans to support third-party games with Battle.net" "quality standards [...], which represents a big investment of time and effort on our part, so this is not something we’re jumping into lightly." means: We're not Steam(yet), but if we find that another game could bring us as much money, we'd be glad to

"Destiny 2 will be integrated into many of Blizzard’s existing social features. [...]. And, you’ll see a Destiny 2 status icon by your friends who are playing Destiny 2 the same way you do for friends playing StarCraft II, Diablo III, WoW, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, and Overwatch." means: We want people who play our current game to learn about that new great game they can buy first hand.

Oh boy tokens are going to hit 200k in the US right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No, it means the opposite. How can you give a proof of quality to a game that doesn't exist yet? Don't be a fool.
    Blizzar don't personaly back it. Activision wants a cheap, easy platform solution to avoid Steam and this was it.
    You can give proof of a quality of a game that will exist in a few months. I can say with certitude, as I've worked in AAA game making for a few years, that Blizzard employees have been able to play Destiny early. This is not a decision made by Activision, but by Blizzard directly.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    That's an assumption, not a fact. The game has yet to be released.
    Nah, it is a modern tripple A game.. those are all mediocre. Casualfied, consolified, simplified, dumbed down for the masses mediocre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    thats just it I was gonna buy destiny 2 anyways......

Now I get to buy it with the $200 dollars in BNET i have left from dumping gold i had from Archi sales.... Its AMAZING.... and I know alot of my guild is gonna try it too cause we have have so much Bnet its w/e to us to use Bnet on something. So I know atleast 4-5 people just that ive talked to in the last hour that are gonna play the game that never would have tried it any other way. so its definitely a win.
    For those who were going to play Destiny 2 anyway this is definitely a good thing, but shooters aren't really my thing. More interested in the potential of what else might make it onto battlenet. I have nothing against battlenet turning into steam when I can buy games with WoW gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    Oh boy tokens are going to hit 200k in the US right?
    Wow, now I know why the price in EU went up by 15k in the last hours.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by throwww View Post
    Probably because all blizzard games got a certain blizzard-touch to it that other game developers can't even dream of making.
    When you start to mix other games from other developers into the game-launcher and other stuff the whole thing will loose much of its quality. That is if you believe the classical rule of quality before quantity.

I also see this as a bad sign. Might be wrong tho
    Blizzard has literally fuck all to do with the game, Activision simply got to put it up on battle.net. If anything this is huge for wow players who love the game and have some currency on their b.net account.