Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    SJW's outside san francisco is pretty much only online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You sure hate conservatives a little bit too much to be one.
    I dont hate conservatives. That would mean i hate myself.

I don't understand what this has to do with my post...
    That yes, quite simply put, if you are NOT a feminist, then you're not really pro-equality.
    That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    That yes, quite simply put, if you are NOT a feminist, then you're not really pro-equality.
    That's all.
    HUh? Opposite to feminism is anti-feminism, yes? You can not believe in feminism without being anti-feminist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    See what I mean?

That's the same nonsense as when extreme religious people try to claim that if you're not a member of their faith that you can't REALLY be a good person. It might sorta make sense in their mind, but it actually doesn't follow at all.
    Sure thing buddy!
    Or if you believe in equality, you're quite simply a feminist. It's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    As the title states, do you consider yourself a social justice warrior?

If so, what do you fight for that you feel is enough of a cause?
    Lol you are making allot of these threads about sjw etc.......trying to bait some people or something?

Deleted
    HUh? Opposite to feminism is anti-feminism, yes? You can not believe in feminism without being anti-feminist.
    As right wingkins tend to call feminists "femnazis", the opposite would be "femantifa".

Yeah, yeah. Stop trying to claim, "Everyone that's a pretty ok person" as a member of your group/faith/whatever. You sound like some fucking Mormon trying to posthumously baptize people into your faith.

If you want to identify as a feminist, fine. Have the courage to simply be secure in it all by yourself instead of trying to claim that everyone else is, too.
    I am pretty secure and fine in it.
    It's just quite simple.
    If you believe in equality you're a feminist.
    If you believe in god, you're a theist.

It's pretty simple really ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Erm...

Red pill/blue pill is pretty much the exact opposite. That's imagery used by Red Pillers and other similar groups. They tend to be opposed to feminism, social equality for anyone other than men (especially white men), and generally think modern society is some big conspiracy to bring them down.
    What you just described is what a blue pilled feminist thinks of a red piller. I hope that irony was on purpose.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-05-18 at 09:10 PM.

I am pretty secure and fine in it.
    It's just quite simple.
    If you believe in equality you're a feminist.
    If you believe in god, you're a theist.

It's pretty simple really ^^
    No... Feminism is an ideology that wants to achieve gender equality in a very specific manner that many people take issues with.

No... Feminism is an ideology that wants to achieve gender equality in a very specific manner that many people take issues with.
    Nah. Politicized feminism may be.

At a base level, it's recognizing that there are issues for both men and women, and to be productive, they focus on a specific side of the spectrum.
    Refer to my former point about heart surgeons not doing dentistry.

Having an overall doctor to treat a symptom is really nice.
    Until you realize you're dealing with the wrong doctor.

That a fuck ton of people abuse the label is a different story, and the lack of distinction between 1st, 2nd and 3rd wave etc. is a whole different story.

There is no non-politicized feminism.

At a base level, it's recognizing that there are issues for both men and women, and to be productive, they focus on a specific side of the spectrum.

That a fuck ton of people abuse the label is a different story, and the lack of distinction between 1st, 2nd and 3rd wave etc. is a whole different story.
    I don't even understand what this has to do with feminism, not believing in feminism or being anti-feminist.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'm not young anymore. There are stuff that pisses me off though.

No⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣

So you pretty much just added a qualifier that disagrees with your previous claims.
    Do explain!

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i consider myself a sin'dorei justicar warrior!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    As the title states, do you consider yourself a social justice warrior?

If so, what do you fight for that you feel is enough of a cause?
    I believe in equality of the sexes, which means both good and bad. ie:

- women should get paid as much as men, but they also need to perform as much as them to get paid the same. Which means, no special treatment for them. If they want maternity leave, then men should have an equal amount of paternity leave.

- Women should be able to do "men work", but only if they can perform equally. If they can't pick up a 70 lb cement bucket, then they shouldn't be out in the construction yard or should indeed be getting paid less for doing the work less.

- If they want the government to pay for their birth control then government should pay for my condoms (to make water balloons with since I don't have sex).

- They should also be able to be drafted to the military.

- Men should get prison sentences for rape and women should as well for false rape charges.

- Physical violence and home abuse is wrong no matter your sex and you should be punished with jail time for it.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-05-18 at 09:41 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

No on two parts.

1.) I'm a mushy and unconfrontative software developer and by no means a warrior
    2.) I despise common SJW tactics to the extreme and would rather vote for a right winger that I know to be full of shit then for someone using these schoolyard bully 1984 esque tactics. At least the right winger will tell me when they're fucking me.

That's just wrong. If you believe that you need radical corrective action to achieve equality, then you're a feminist. It's in the name. Most people who are anti feminists are actually not against equality, they're just against discrimination in the other direction to achieve it.

One example would be a female quota in boardrooms and universities. That's just open sexist discrimination against men in the plainest sense of the word. Which is why many people are against it. Yet the vast majority of feminists are for it (from what I've seen / heard). Two wrongs don't make a right and discrimination in any way is a wrong. What feminists essentially want is screw the men too so that we're all equally screwed while widely ignoring the issues in which men are getting screwed. It's lopsided and "focusing on a specific side of the issue to be productive" is just a flower coating for what you're doing: sexist discrimination in the name of your progress.
    Last edited by Magicpot; 2017-05-18 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    - If they want the government to pay for their birth control then government should pay for my condoms.
    Why do you equate condoms to BC for women? Hormonal birth control can help women with various things, like reducing how much bleeding there is from periods, reducing cramps, stopping/delaying periods, can help against acne and syndromes such as pcos or conditions like endometriosis. It also serves to stop pregnancy, which can bring with it various health problems too.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-18 at 09:16 PM.

^this very much so