Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's a neckbeard and why those people are considered "bad" kind of people?

So recently i came across term neckbeard (defo not used term in my country) and googled up the definition. I mean i understand the whole concept but why exactly are those people called "neckbeards", like is it some kind of superior sign? And why the hell is it like associated with people watching anime? Especially in times when people jack off to "nExT sEason OF "where's mY sEchUaN SAUce" & tardy" and Spongememe?

Beside aren't like facial hair naturally growing on neck? Why is it insult? The hell?

There is a derogatory term for every type of person that likes a certain type of thing from Sport to Anime to Video Games to Food to having sex etc.

That's just how it is.

Socially awkward men, usually virgin and spend most of their time in front of their computers. Basically gamers and weebs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bay from Finalboss and a lot of WoW gamers have neckbeards right?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=neckbeard

Should give you all the information on why the term was coined.

There's a derogatory term for just about any group of people. It's just how humans function. "Us vs them".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Socially awkward men, usually virgin and spend most of their time in front of their computers. Basically gamers and weebs.
    In short: us.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Socially awkward, unhygienic, unfit, usually virgin gamers and weebs. The worst of them tend to be oblivious to their own failures and blame everyone else for their situation (She put me in the friend zone! Most men are douchebags I hate how fucked social norms are!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I find the concept of neckbeards silly, actual neckbeards are just not aesthetically pleasant. But really someone who is not shaving his neck is probably not trimming the rest of his beard either so that's a mess anyhow
    So something like this? https://1835441770.rsc.cdn77.org/sta...rd-640x478.png

I can understand why it's not aeshtetic, but according to google even George R.R. Martin is neckbard, soo...

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    There is a derogatory term for every type of person that likes a certain type of thing from Sport to Anime to Video Games to Food to having sex etc.

That's just how it is.
    I guess but i have never heard as much "neckbeards" as any other preferation of different things. Guess i'm a neckbeard according to google definition "do NOT understand the concept of neckbeard", huh... The more society knows about me that i don't.
    @Edit

Sounds like term "neckbeard" and "weeb" is used way too commonly and making people without knowledge about those terms assuming everyone who watches anime a weeb and everyone with facial hair under their chin a neckbeard...
    Last edited by Jingoo; 2017-05-18 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoo View Post
    So something like this? https://1835441770.rsc.cdn77.org/sta...rd-640x478.png

I can understand why it's not aeshtetic, but according to google even George R.R. Martin is neckbard, soo...

I guess but i have never heard as much "neckbeards" as any other preferation of different things. Guess i'm a neckbeard according to google definition "do NOT understand the concept of neckbeard", huh... The more society knows about me that i don't.
    George R. R. Martin is definitely a neckbeard.

Few neckbeards have found success. Him being one of them, the creator of Minecraft being another, there is also Dan Harmon.

Self-awareness you're a neckbeard means you can either change yourself or embrace yourself. Not every neckbeard is universally hated, some are funny and cultured, though few. You should accept being a neckbeard at a later age of your life though. Being a young adult neckbeard would give you a lot of stereotyping and bullying, plus you'll really miss out on the best things in life. (Hint: Not video games)
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-05-18 at 10:40 PM.

Just another word for Fat virgin nerd

Deleted
    It's because they hate the amish and can never attain a glorious neckbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I spend most of my time in front of my phone though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boogie does a skit show with a character he does called Francis that is a parody of the idea of a neckbeard.

Because it is associated with poor hygiene.

Personally, I think that a light "I'm pushing my shave away for another day or two" neckbeard is completely fine. A amazonian forest dangling from your neck, however, is a completely different matter, since electric shavers are pretty cheap nowadays.

Oh, and here I thought it's because those people are so... generously built they wear their necks as beards.

Internet to the rescue to cure my ignorance, I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    I spend most of my time in front of my phone though.
    The people who stare at their phones are the worst people. I fucking hate it.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    People who reject societal norms, like shaving that fluff, are usually looked down on.

I've always taken neckbeard to mean someone who is unkept and in general looks slovenly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    In essence: Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dittoooo View Post
    Because it is associated with poor hygiene.

Personally, I think that a light "I'm pushing my shave away for another day or two" neckbeard is completely fine. A amazonian forest dangling from your neck, however, is a completely different matter, since electric shavers are pretty cheap nowadays.
    It's basically this. It comes from people seeing non-flattering webcam shots of overweight gamers where you see their facial hair that they shave once every couple weeks. If you are going for a full thick grown out beard, it is not as expected to shave your neck, but if you have a trim close beard, you should be shaving your neck and cheeks to form the beard.

"Neckbeards" are guys who look like they have a trimmed beard, as far as hair length, but basically do no maintenance to it other than shave it off once every couple weeks. On top of this their hair is typically unkempt and their wardrobe is simplistic, gym shorts & a t-shirt. This leads to the suspicion that they are lazy, slovenly, and/or have poor hygiene.

Hypocritically, when a good looking thin guy like Adam Levine sports his neck beard, no one has a problem with it. Though he normally puts a good amount of effort into his wardrobe and hair, so even with the neckbeard you don't really get the impression that he's slovenly.