Poll: Satisfied with Legions class design?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Talents only changed in MoP/WoD if your set bonus dictated they needed to or if the fight needed more AoE than ST... Those aren't choices, those are illusions of choice.
    Talents have always been an illusion of choice.

Overall, I'm fine with most specs. I miss a few buttons, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. Some specs are fantastic, IMO, with Balance being the best it's ever been.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-05-18 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    calling legion's "class design" garbage is an insult to garbage. fuck class fantasy, and fuck the class design team for being that fucking stupid to dismantle everything that made classes fun to play for the sake of some spreadsheet masturbating, glue-eating, egotistical maniac's opinion of the "true" fantasy of a spec.
    don't think anyone has ever phrased it better, well said

Yeah I;'m sure that will go over wonderfully with the people who currently main and enjoy the spec that is chosen for butchering... Do you not remember how the Survival change went? People were rightfully pissed.
    It would go over about as wonderfully as the current system of making specs completely worthless but at least then they wouldn't have try balancing 3 DPS specs against each other.

Then do something logical, like, request they don't rotate them?
    You say this like it hasn't been something the mage community has asked for. It's not that we haven't asked for it, it's that Blizzard is incapable of pulling it off. Hell before Fire was nerfed into the ground Blizzard said their goal wasn't to change up the viability of the specs they just wanted to being frost and arcane closer to fires level. But here we are with the two specs completely flipped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I think you can unlock this spec by not pressing any buttons lol.
    Iol... legit made me laugh loud enough my wife wondered what was so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I edited my post but it was too late. This class fantasy thing means certain classes will be needed for certain bosses and guilds that don't have them will reach road blocks. They are having these buffs in a less intrusive way and it's better that way. Monks give mastery, priests give haste, ret gives blessings, holy give auras. They are all the flavor you need without breaking raids.
    But that's already HAPPENING. Just look at Mythic guldan progression. Stacking 10 melee and 4 ranged? wtf? Guilds are desperately seeking ret paladins and boomkin for their mana increasing abilities for healers, rogues for their feint abilities on Tich and Guldan.

The game is already going back to bring the class, not the player. Certain specs get benched on progression fights because they not considered useful to the encounter. That's jacked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish there was an "it's alright" option.

- I can say without a doubt I enjoy the new design for enhancement shamans except for the fact they hardly use totems anymore which is super disappointing since that was like taking batarangs away from Batman. All in all though I very much enjoy it.

- Fury Warriors are also very fun, they are right next to enhancement shamans.

- Retribution paladins are alright don't really have much of a problem with them. They feel pretty much the same as they did back in MoP.

- Mages I didn't like at first because of their over simplicity but they grew on me and I have learned to enjoy them. Although I still miss my other spells I used to have.

- Don't really like the new hunter specs. I used to really like Beast Master and Survival but the redesign made them less appealing IMO. They feel too empty now, idk.

- Rogues seem pretty fun. I haven't played much of them but I tried out Outlaw and it was pretty fun.

That was about all I played though not sure about the other classes and their specs.

Deleted
    Comparing to WotLK/Cata since I didn't give a damn about both MoP and WoD.
    Druid:
    - Guardian (previously included in Feral): hasn't changed much, it's merely a _little_ more difficult with Ironfur and Mark of Ursol, but since they're removing MoU in 7.2.5... Yeah. Doesn't help that threat generation nowadays is a complete joke. Also where is my mangle visual and whatever happened to Lacerate?
    - Feral: has never been my main spec, but with Bloodtalons and Savage Roar being mandatory it's utter trash to me, especially considering SR's shortened duration. Having 4 damage buffs in total (the 2 mentioned + Tiger's Fury + artifact-upgraded Berserk) sucks a lot when you need to apply the strongest bleeds you can. Overall harder, but gives no build options if you want to do the right numbers. Aoe is garbage. Still pissed off at removal of backstab damage (old shred) and mangle. Merging Pounce with Rake and Ravage with Shred is okay.
    - Balance: Absolutely grateful for the removal of this stupid sun-moon balance bar which has been around for too long. Enjoying it a lot now.
    - General: Restricting basic abilities of each spec to the choice of just one off-spec affinity was AWFUL and has removed the class fantasy for me. I can't even pick my affinity to my liking of granted abilities, because muh passives. At this point I'm surprised I even HAVE non-spec forms. In addition: hating the absence of Hurricane, Soothe, Hibernate and Faerie Fire. Still hating the merge of Travel/Aquatic/Flight forms.

Regarding non-main classes, I'm pissed off at the removal of iconic abilities and mechanics which made classes unique. Things like warrior stances, paladin seals, their respective judgements, auras, undead-specific spells, death knight presences, having 3 types of runes, old damage-dealing corpse explosion with a VERY satisfying visual, and the even better ghoul corpse explosion mechanic, having more than 1 disease effect, the entire old survi hunter spec, eyes of the beast, the old shaman totem system along with shields etc etc. Now that I mention it all I can see why some people still prefer old private servers... The game is not in a bad position right now, but in some cases the "class fantasy" is downright removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Been playing Holy paladin pretty much exclusively since Wrath of the Lich King. After a couple months in the Legion beta where they fixed absolutely 0 of my issues and removed a couple things I enjoyed, I legitimately unsubscribed. Came back a couple months into Legion and dicked around on a DH (Vengeance is fine, Havoc is 95% RNG). That said, I'm back to Holy paladin atm and jesus fucking christ do I not enjoy it, but I've put too much effort into it to give up on it..
    What, you mean you don't LOOOOOOVE Light of the Martyr? CLASS FANTASY BRUH

I guess I enjoy my Retribution Warrior doing respectable DPS and not being a complete fucking joke in PVP for once. All it took was to stop being a paladin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

literally the worst class design ever.. and its not even close.. every single class is worse than it used to be outside of DH obviously.. but even DH is garbage in terms of class design.. this pruned bullshit gameplay is just boring as fuck

muh Class Fantasy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    What, you mean you don't LOOOOOOVE Light of the Martyr? CLASS FANTASY BRUH

I guess I enjoy my Retribution Warrior doing respectable DPS and not being a complete fucking joke in PVP for once. All it took was to stop being a paladin!

ur now a warrior of light AHHAHAHA

ret design is a joke

Deleted
    windwalker and dk(mainly frost and Unholy ad blood abit) i like the legion versions , sub rogue aswell once ptr changes go through.

Overall, no.

They had a lot of misses. More misses than they had hits.

As a DK, I've been rather disappointed with how the class turned out, in all three specs.

I said yes, mostly because lots of specs have my interest to the point i dont know who to main.
    There are some specs that i dislike from mechanical standpoint (ferla is complex for complexity sake for instance) but overall they have do great things

Deleted
    Came from 10 years elemental shamal to retribution paladin.

didn't regret it a second. I actually like my ret pally :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    SV is melee. MM is RNG. BM is boring.

Not really but I still main a hunter so I'll deal with it in hopes they improve again next expac and revert SV to ranged lol.
    Hunters got dumped on pretty well. Fans of SV got the shaft because it is now melee and overly complicated for little reward. MM and BM have far too much downtime for a ranged class. Adding in another pet with delay and pathing issues like Hati was a foolish way to go also.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enhance was nice at the start. We have Spont Appendages to prop up our RNG. The spec felt nice and fluent.

Since that was nerfed, our spec has massive variances and you can legitimately just get screwed through terrible RNG.

We are average at ST DPS and terrible at everything else.

I love log analysis and often pour over mine. I did some checking the other week to see why my DPS was so low on Mythic Krosus and this was a comparison to a good heroic kill from our AP farm.

Heroic Krosus: 2m17s 28 Stombringer 14 Hot Hands
    Mythic Krosus: 4m36s 31 Stormbringer 18 Hot Hands.

Thats a 100% longer fight duration for a 10% increase in Stormbringers and 28% in Hot Hands.

Whilst I love the spec, the sheer amounts of RNG we need to battle is absolutely mind blowing. The damage variance pull to pull can be insane. Then. when you are riding a hot streak of procs and the stars allign, you still cant compete with the Demon Hunter or Warrior.

The reward is simply not there for the amount of effort and luck you need to put in for enhance.

DK's lost presences, hunters lost aspects... thanks blizzard for making everything take twice as long now when doing old raids for achievements,xmog etc

Very satisfied with all the secs I've played but I'm a glass half full guy in this case so I'm not your typical complainer on this topic. Seems like a lot of people want exactly what they want and anything else is a failure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted yes, but I play a shaman. I also think that Death Knight got better.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret Paladin is pretty much the poster child of Legion class design.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I like it a lot.. Fuck me right :b My resto shaman is awesome to play, and I like my resto druid and holy priest a ton aswell. Last but not least i really enjoy my prot pala.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Hunters got dumped on pretty well. Fans of SV got the shaft because it is now melee and overly complicated for little reward. MM and BM have far too much downtime for a ranged class. Adding in another pet with delay and pathing issues like Hati was a foolish way to go also.
    Ya pet AI was never great. I SO enjoy losing dps and having more pet downtime on a boss like Krosus. Kappa

And yes SV is pretty AIDS to play. I've tried on multiple occasions. Losing all your stacks/buffs/debuffs when you have to do any sort of mechanic it seems is bad. Staying with braindead BM for the time being lol.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.