Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Does this mean I'll be able to use my Blizzard Balance to purchase Destiny 2?
    Yes!
    The gold price of the EU Wow Token shot up by 12% (25k) as soon as this was revealed. I suppose we can look forward to yet another skyrocketing price explosion now...

By the time this game launches and all of its microtransactions go live the Wow token is going to cost half a million gold.
    US is up as well, from 110K this morning, to 125K now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    US is up as well, from 110K this morning, to 125K now.
    132K and rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    What is there to add? It's a simple business partnership by Blizzard. Bungie will pay Blizzard for their services and there will be another icon on Bnet. Literally nothing will change for anyone.
    Doubt bungie will be paying anything because ActiVision Blizzard is producing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I remove it from my bar?

Wasn't opening up their launcher to third party games listed on their business plan? It's not really a surprise this would start with an Activision game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Activision owns Blizzard, Activision holds exclusive publishing rights to Destiny and all future Destiny titles, and is in partnership with Bungie. It makes sense to put it on the Launcher that won't cost anything extra to put it on. Sure its going to bring them more money then putting it on steam, but its not like its some third party company that PAID blizzard to put it on the launcher, both Blizzard Entertainment and Bungie are part of the Activision entity, they just hold on to the rights of their own IP in the the event that they split off from Activision.
    Activision doesn't own Blizzard - they merged.

It's just that the former has taken presidency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    buy activision stock today, watch it soar after E3 and Blizzcon and next year Q4 earnings call, be rich 2 years from now, fuck 1000$/night hookers
    You have some high standards for a pathetic life. Well done you.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Activision doesn't own Blizzard - they merged.
    It's just that the former has taken presidency.
    Technically Blizzard Entertainment is a Child Company to parent ActiVision Blizzard, hence how Blizzard Entertainment can still have its own CEO (Mike Morhaime) while ActiVision Blizzard has its own CEO.

Stocks the same though so its not entirely wrong, but they are two separate entities

Even the news poster seems to think battle.net was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    Wait for it...... Complete X amount of quests in Destiny 2 and get a Mount in World of Warcraft!!! Or any other game blizzard has "Complete 25 games in overwatch recieve 5 epic crates in Destiny 2"
    Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Would totally enjoy doing that

This is just marketing only thing.
    The server is still operated by Bungie.

Nothing is changed, except you can buy Destiny 2 with WoW gold.
    I like it because I have $350 "useless" battle.net balance.

As for the token price shots higher, it will come back down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my fucking god token prices. What a joke. Was actually excited until I saw that.

holy shit what a sell out

edit: i'm aware bungie is owned by activision

edit 2: this guaruntees in-game purchases (loot boxes??)

Wait for it...... Complete X amount of quests in Destiny 2 and get a Mount in World of Warcraft!!! Or any other game blizzard has "Complete 25 games in overwatch recieve 5 epic crates in Destiny 2"
    I'm totally okay with this.

Screw destiny, screw bungie and screw activision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course Blizz would be a fan of a grindy MMOFPS with very little gameplay value.

RIP token prices too

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that will be the case. Because of one simple "fact": Destiny 2 is not from a Blizzard universe. The reason why other blizzard games have cross-game rewards is because it makes sense, they are "tied" together, different titles but still they belong to one entity. Destiny 2 is a completely different entity.
    My strong belief is that Activision wants to "lure in" Blizzard players (since the playerbase across the entire battle.net is vast) they can earn more $$$. I'm almost certain Blizz won't care to create promo content for Destiny 2 like rewards because it's not their game but I'm sure Blizz will get a piece of the pie as well (after all, if you play Destiny 2 you probably won't have time to play WoW and so on so a compensation for a possible lack of players in Blizzard games needs to be in place). But hey, this is just a theory....

I wonder why so many people hate Blizzard... and why these people continue to play WoW and/or post on a WoW site. Reading these comments and I am just like "what did they do to you? Kick your puppy?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I wonder why so many people hate Blizzard... and why these people continue to play WoW and/or post on a WoW site. Reading these comments and I am just like "what did they do to you? Kick your puppy?"
    Nope, but the fuckedup wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Nope, but the fuckedup wow.
    Apparently not to several million other people like me. Blizzard will never be able to make everybody happy, and no developer ever will (even The Witcher 3 has several thousand negative reviews). If you don't like it though why are you still here?