Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoW Token Prices

I may have misplaced my hat but this seems mighty fishy to me, I find it hard to believe that EU jumps 30k in 12 hours and US jumping just over 20k in the same time period, is there some secret info in some patch notes I am missing that has people out mass buying these things ?

I know jumps in price happen but not like this and not unless there has been some info leaked but I have not heard of anything myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supply/Demand. Look it up.

Blizzard announced that you will be able to buy Destiny 2 with WoW Tokens. So people are buying lots of them.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    I may have misplaced my hat but this seems mighty fishy to me, I find it hard to believe that EU jumps 30k in 12 hours and US jumping just over 20k in the same time period, is there some secret info in some patch notes I am missing that has people out mass buying these things ?

I know jumps in price happen but not like this and not unless there has been some info leaked but I have not heard of anything myself.
    They announced that Destiny 2 will be on the Blizzard Launcher and you can buy it with tokens so people are stocking up on them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    They announced that Destiny 2 will be on the Blizzard Launcher and you can buy it with tokens so people are stocking up on them
    ah, thats what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2about View Post
    Not this time buddy.

You finding it hard to believe doesn't stop it from happening.

Demand went up like a rocket the moment they announced that Destiny 2 will be buyable through converting the tokens to Battle.net balance. Simple as that.

Not this time buddy.
    Technically it is this time, the demand went up while the supply stayed the same sooooo, the price rose. Soon people will cash in on the higher gold cost of the token and supply more tokens to the market which will cause the price to drop and level out somewhere equal to or just slightly higher than it was prior to the announcement. Just like when the b.net balance thing was announced.

Supply and demand is the bread and butter of any economical swing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You finding it hard to believe doesn't stop it from happening.

Demand went up like a rocket the moment they announced that Destiny 2 will be buyable through converting the tokens to Battle.net balance. Simple as that.
    I was unaware of that, I knew there had to be a reason just like with every other spike but I only pay attention to WoW info not other games so thought someone else may know.

If I knew they were going to pull that I would have purchased 4 earlier instead of 2. I usually buy 2 per month.
    Last edited by mmoc101b07398d; 2017-05-19 at 12:02 AM.

Tokens prices going up was their D E S T I N Y

Get it?
    haHAA
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually demand didn't increased for sure because of destiny, it's more because of people freaking out of the token rising so everyone is wasting their gold right now

10+ Year Old Account
    ah, thats what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Not this time buddy.
    Oh yes, buddy, the price fluctuate due to the supply/demand... so not sure what you're on about. People saw that they can buy D2 with tokens, they rushed and bought a whole heap of them so the prices went up.

Deleted
    They really should have just left the wow tokens to game time.

Remember when tokens were like 20-30k? Those were good times. If it hit 40k I would just wait a few days and it would come right back down. Oh inflation. Would be fun to buy Destiny for what amounts to like 500k gold though.

They really should have just left the wow tokens to game time.
    Many people were capped out on game time and couldn't purchase anymore. Clearly due to the boom since they removed the cap and allowed other things to be bought with them it was a brilliant move from Blizzard. Instead of just squeezing an extra 5 bucks from people on monthly fees they now get an extra 5 to 30 bucks for other things. The best part is both parties on the customer side of this seem to do it happily. I know I enjoy never giving Blizzard another dollar again and since people are buying up gold they clearly enjoy giving them 20 bucks for a hundred thousand gold.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account

With Destiny coming to Battle.net, we will see EU token price jump to 400k. So better get ready for hard to get coins.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Remember when tokens were like 20-30k? Those were good times. If it hit 40k I would just wait a few days and it would come right back down. Oh inflation. Would be fun to buy Destiny for what amounts to like 500k gold though.
    I didn't start playing WoD til they added flying back in so was unaware of the Garrison cash cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    actually demand didn't increased for sure because of destiny, it's more because of people freaking out of the token rising so everyone is wasting their gold right now
    History tells us that prices are unlikely to recover so I certainly would not call if 'freaking out' or 'wasting gold'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Then people will start progressing in ToS and realize they threw all their golds on buying Destiny, HS Packs and OW Boxes. People will buy gold again and bam, $2B revenue in Q2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 2about View Post
    Has nothing to do with that, it's all determined by Blizzard.