Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Why would you want worse gerneration?
    The entire point of the change was to reduce gen and increase damage per cast shifting from quantity to quality like we used to be. Gen is still fairly high, and dmg per cast is still low compared to what we've had historically. Some people want to see it look a lot more like mop, hence the comments of gen still being too high.

I'd personally prefer to go even more in that direction as well, but what they've already done is great vs what we had.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The entire point of the change was to reduce gen and increase damage per cast shifting from quantity to quality like we used to be. Gen is still fairly high, and dmg per cast is still low compared to what we've had historically. Some people want to see it look a lot more like mop, hence the comments of gen still being too high.

I'd personally prefer to go even more in that direction as well, but what they've already done is great vs what we had.
    And I feel like they didn't really want to drastically alter the feel of current playstyle - which would necessitate readjusting our relationship to banking and spending - so much as they wanted to proactively address what shard generation would have been toward the middle/end of Tomb if things had stayed the same (with all that extra haste and crit)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

So I decided to give it another try to the PTR changes and went to the vendor in dalaran and bought all the legendaries I don't have. I finally got my hands on Feretory... adn after more than half an hour on the dummies.. what's the actual difference between the changes and now? I spam pretty much the same amount of CB's :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    So I decided to give it another try to the PTR changes and went to the vendor in dalaran and bought all the legendaries I don't have. I finally got my hands on Feretory... adn after more than half an hour on the dummies.. what's the actual difference between the changes and now? I spam pretty much the same amount of CB's :S
    The difference is you do a shi*ton more single target dps, predictable less RNG shard generation and much smoother gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlebolt View Post
    The difference is you do a shi*ton more single target dps, predictable less RNG shard generation and much smoother gameplay.
    It's true that CB hits really hard now, but in my opinion, with Feretory shards generation and gameplay have barely changed if compared with current version, not very smooth if you ask me.

It's true that CB hits really hard now, but in my opinion, with Feretory shards generation and gameplay have barely changed if compared with current version, not very smooth if you ask me.
    I thought exactly the same, yes CB hits hard but gameplay certainly doesn't feel like MoP which is what I personally hoped for. Not too bothered about damage, that goes up and down every patch, its gameplay I'm concerned about and it's better but still hasn't hit the spot imo.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Yeah that's what a few of us have been saying. Its absolutely less CB's but its enough to still feel pretty spammy. You just have to be a lot more mindful about when you're shooting them as you'll run out if you try to just spam like you can now on live.

For instance if you try to maximize for 2 target you won't have the CB's ready for every havoc if you just spam where now you can pretty much just toss em out without thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah that's what a few of us have been saying. Its absolutely less CB's but its enough to still feel pretty spammy. You just have to be a lot more mindful about when you're shooting them as you'll run out if you try to just spam like you can now on live.

For instance if you try to maximize for 2 target you won't have the CB's ready for every havoc if you just spam where now you can pretty much just toss em out without thinking.
    That is true, if you spend the shards as soon as you get them you won't have enough shards for a strong Havoc. Now I'm wondering, is it worth casting Immolate after Havoc'ing or is it better to just unload every possible CB and Conflagrate? I'm unsure here.

Deleted
    That is true, if you spend the shards as soon as you get them you won't have enough shards for a strong Havoc. Now I'm wondering, is it worth casting Immolate after Havoc'ing or is it better to just unload every possible CB and Conflagrate? I'm unsure here.
    Of course it's not worth it to cast Immolate after Havocing, since you can just Immolate the target normally.

I tried simming with T20HC profile with the build from last night and got the following results on legendaries for destruction (bracers are sindorei).

Worth noting is that it is actually T19 4pc and not T20.
    Also worth noting is that the new legendary ring I forgot to add the socket (so probably worth 3-4k dps more).
    Take these results with a grain of salt

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    When they make Destro substantially better than the 3 layers of suck it is now, I'll - 1. buy Legion and, 2. get back on my Destro main.

Frankly, the proposed changes here don't give me a lot of hope. It's incremental change but not the fundamental fixes that the spec needs.

Legion has been IMO a lousy xpac for the spec. I'm not interested in rewarding Acti/Blizz for that.

How the bracers back up top???!? Did they buff them or something back to pre nerf with havoc? I have them and I am uncertain if I want to use them because they got nerfed in the ground so hard....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    How the bracers back up top???!? Did they buff them or something back to pre nerf with havoc? I have them and I am uncertain if I want to use them because they got nerfed in the ground so hard....
    Demo bracers dude. (sindorei spite)

Destro bracers are still bissy in sustained 2 target on live, not sure how that'll play out on ptr.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    When they make Destro substantially better than the 3 layers of suck it is now, I'll - 1. buy Legion and, 2. get back on my Destro main.

Frankly, the proposed changes here don't give me a lot of hope. It's incremental change but not the fundamental fixes that the spec needs.

Legion has been IMO a lousy xpac for the spec. I'm not interested in rewarding Acti/Blizz for that.
    How can you even make that claim when you haven't even purchased it and played a Legion destro lock?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    How can you even make that claim when you haven't even purchased it and played a Legion destro lock?
    Because I can read and comprehend. Because I've played Destro since Cata and know what has been done to the spec since then, and have played it on lower level toons since Legion and the shitty template/RNG/AP system and can make an informed decision. I don't have to waste money and time on a garbage xpac to know it's not worth the HDD space it takes up.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because I can read and comprehend. Because I've played Destro since Cata and know what has been done to the spec since then, and have played it on lower level toons since Legion and the shitty template/RNG/AP system and can make an informed decision. I don't have to waste money and time on a garbage xpac to know it's not worth the HDD space it takes up.
    Legion has been pretty fantastic. It is sad if you are basing your opinion on feedback from these websites instead of based on your own play time. Playing on a "lower level toon" is not playing a Legion Warlock. You are missing out, but of course that is your choice.

I still question the validity of your assessment of Legion as a "lousy xpac" when you haven't done any of the content.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Legion has been pretty fantastic. It is sad if you are basing your opinion on feedback from these websites instead of based on your own play time. Playing on a "lower level toon" is not playing a Legion Warlock. You are missing out, but of course that is your choice.

I still question the validity of your assessment of Legion as a "lousy xpac" when you haven't done any of the content.
    Anyone who thinks they can simply READ and get a sense of how good/bad the xpac is.....seriously. I mean the forums are always a bitchfest. On paper things might look great, and be horrible, or horrible on paper but turn out pretty great. Legion has some flaws; but overall it's pretty fantastic, which doesn't come through sites well at all. But, someone who actually thinks they can assess an xpac without even playing it, they already have a view of themselves that is likely not open to contrary views.

10+ Year Old Account

What's "sad" is the constant fanboying of a shitty, ill-conceived design, then making excuses for it and waiting for a fix for months on end that never really comes - believing whatever comes out of the collective Mouth of Sauron at Blizz HQ. That's the truly pathetic part.

Charles Shultz gave us a hint when he told us about Lucy, who every football season promises Charlie Brown that this time, she wouldn't yank the ball away when he tried to kick it. But he winds up on his ass every year.

Some of the PvE content (raids/dungeons) of Legion is good but that's separate from the character issues: fixed templates in a RPG, the infinite AP grind and RNG layered on RNG, legendaries, various balance issues; not to mention flying, things like weapon illusions that you've already earned but have to re-grind, useless profs, very frustrating zones to get around in, on and on. That may be good for certain Korean hamsters but not for me.

And then you have the abortion that is Legion PvP, which I and a few others on MMO-C had predicted far ahead of launch would be an utter disaster. We were right.

It adds up in my estimation to a big steaming pile. There is nothing in Legion endgame Destro that I have any desire to play.

What's "sad" is the constant fanboying of a shitty, ill-conceived design, then making excuses for it and waiting for a fix for months on end that never really comes - believing whatever comes out of the collective Mouth of Sauron at Blizz HQ. That's the truly pathetic part.

Charles Shultz gave us a hint when he told us about Lucy, who every football season promises Charlie Brown that this time, she wouldn't yank the ball away when he tried to kick it. But he winds up on his ass every year.

Some of the PvE content (raids/dungeons) of Legion is good but that's separate from the character issues: fixed templates in a RPG, the infinite AP grind and RNG layered on RNG, legendaries, various balance issues; not to mention flying, things like weapon illusions that you've already earned but have to re-grind, useless profs, very frustrating zones to get around in, on and on. That may be good for certain Korean hamsters but not for me.

And then you have the abortion that is Legion PvP, which I and a few others on MMO-C had predicted far ahead of launch would be an utter disaster. We were right.

It adds up in my estimation to a big steaming pile. There is nothing in Legion endgame Destro that I have any desire to play.
    Destro design used to be good. Blizz deliberately changed it to make it bad. No reason to believe it will ever be good again.
    Quote Originally Posted by spira View Post
    To no-one's surprise, neither gaidax nor bacon seem to be capable of presenting any evidence whatsoever to back up their argument. "You're wrong because I say so" doesn't make someone's argument wrong. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.