Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    imo YES!

Chrome: Very fast, Shows what the developer intended to show. Fixes some Problems the developers build in itself. Best debugging tools imo. I have 32gb on iMac and 16gb on macbook. No issues here.

Firefox: Tries to think for the developer and does it wrong and sometimes changes css/html in a non standard way I don't like to see the content.

IE: Crappy Javascript API, no updates

EDGE: fast, lightweight, shows everything right, less problems than chrome on most websites BUT: I miss my extensions I have on chrome.

BRAVE: A new promising Browser. Has still some minor issues (if I go fullscreen on netflix it darkens my other monitors on osx). If you just want to browse it's already very nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    As an ASP.NET developer who spends most focus on front-end: Chrome is the best one when you want as many 'nice features' to look at as possible. I do prefer Firefox, always will, but Chrome can allow, say... "scrollbar styling", so custom scrollbars (the one you see on the right side for example!), something Firefox cannot. Sure, you can change colours on them, but Chrome allows different design. This allows Chrome to be a LOT more fun to work with, but in the end, it's best to work with things that works on Internet Explorer. If it works on IE: It works everywhere pretty much, and there are still companies that uses IE and therefor you have to make sure it works there properly.

So yeah, maybe sometime if you're on a nice looking website: try switch between Chrome and something else and you might have a different layout! Yet in the end: Pick what you feel the most comfortable using. Firefox, for me.

And if you ever plan on designing a website, you can always check this site and see what is compatable or not:
    http://caniuse.com/#feat=css-scrollbar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    In terms of design and functionality, I've stopped trying to support IE7 and below, and IE8 has very limited support - I haven't used jQuery for quite a while but I think they have reduced support for IE8. From that, it is a fair assumption that more advanced frameworks such as React and Angular simply don't support it either.
    See, that's what every front-end developer wants to say.

Sadly, here in Sweden, a lot of companies are still running the old Windows Server OS and are too.... well, dumb and stubborn to move to ANYTHING else than IE so that means we kinda have to work with it if we want to have a job. :<

15+ Year Old Account
    I use Firefox for daily browsering, and Chrome to watch videos/flash.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    See, that's what every front-end developer wants to say.

Sadly, here in Sweden, a lot of companies are still running the old Windows Server OS and are too.... well, dumb and stubborn to move to ANYTHING else than IE so that means we kinda have to work with it if we want to have a job. :<
    We have a couple of core applications which we have just about managed to graft to ie8. For everything else we have fully thrown off the burden of ms dominance, compliant and agnostic for the win.

Deleted
    I'm too deep in google right now to make a switch in browsers a convenient thing. Both of my PCs (desktop and laptop) and my android phone uses synced up chrome browsers, and a few other google services on top of that.

I have used Opera in the past and I like it a lot but I don't feel it's a whole lot better than chrome is anyway.

Not a fan of Firefox and I do give it a try every now and then but it doesn't feel well. Edge is neat and if it get's proper addon support (what's there now is barely worth calling addon support in my eyes) I could give it a shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Opera ftw. Been using it for years

IE 4 Life.

Try cleaning your cache.

I left chrome and went to safari and An apple device. Its blazing fast compared to chrome. I suspect its because since apple is its own ecosystem, it can be better optimized than chrome can ever be.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    The answer is yes
    The answer is no.

One word: NoScript

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DonGenaro View Post
    We have a couple of core applications which we have just about managed to graft to ie8. For everything else we have fully thrown off the burden of ms dominance, compliant and agnostic for the win.
    Why would want any of your applications to work with IE8? That's like saying "Hey guys, lets make sure our programs work with Windows 3.1, it's very important!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

I started using Opera (and chrome for the little stuff) the reason why I went with opera as well is because it comes with a VPN.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Yes, it is, but I wish it wasn't such a fucking ram hog.
    I have 8GB of RAM and Chrome is never a burden on it.

/shrug

Try using Brave. Very fast and blocks adds automatically. You can sync all your favorites from chrome and what not over to Brave. Try it, you will love the blazing speeds it has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Chrome does not use a lot of memory for no reason. It uses it to store your tabs for quick access into the memory.

The memory usage is an illusion.

You have unused memory, so Chrome uses it, that's what it's there for. If you open memory heavy programs(video/photo editing software, or some games) and run into an issue where you are lacking memory, Chrome frees up memory automatically. It does not hoard it, it just uses it unless the user needs it for something else.

As for your actual issues, something is most likely corrupt with your Chrome install, I would advise to uninstall all components and reinstalling.
    Simply untrue. It makes Windows force-close games for me, because even when cutting down on tabs, it still saves too much in memory, eventually I sit with only 10-15 tabs up and a game and then I can't play games. Whereas in a new session I need far more than (and usually have) 50 before this happens.
    So if I want to play games, Chrome is completely out of the question.

I miss Opera, back when its UI didn't suck. I'll be using IE from now on.
    Unless someone convinces me otherwise.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2017-05-19 at 07:46 PM.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Years ago when I bought my first computer I moved from Internet Explorer to Firefoks. IE was always considered as unsafe, slow and bad program and Firefoks was very popular and better. After few years I moved to Chrome because Firefoks was getting slower and worse with each update. And I was very happy with it.

But now I feel like its the same story as with Firefoks, with every update its getting worse. If I open few bookmarks Chrome will use alot of memory. Some sites do not open corretcly and I have to refresh few times to make it work (for example Warcraftlogs, sometimes I cant use those small arrows to open menu with classes, difficulties, bosses etc). Sometimes I have problem with videos on some sites, they do not load, I just see loading circle on the center and nothing happen. Some sites opened for me as blank white or black window.

And every time when I try to open it with Edge (old IE) they work perfectly fine. And sites that work on chrome somehow "feels" faster on edge and now Im even thinking about moving to this browser. The one thing that hold me back are saved paswords, I have too many of them and on some sites I dont even remember which one I used (especially if the account was made years ago).

So does Mircosoft really managed to finally make good browser or Im just biased and "angry" at Chrome now?
    Why are you spelling Firefox incorrectly throughout your post?

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well look at it this way I use Firefox and while slow in part it only has one instance of itself open in the app section of task manager.. On the other hand opening chrome you have one instance in the app section and fifteen instances of it in background processes.. So it seems that chrome is more a resource hog than Firefox, but Firefox is not without its problems..

The only reason I have Chrome is that Google decided to integrate all of its apps into it which can be a real pain when you only want to use one app such as Hangouts..
    Funny you say that. Firefox is moving towards that model. As are many programs because it's actually better.
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2017-05-19 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrome is the best for a general user, it really works well off the shelf and is integrated tightly with Google, so you don't need to setup shit.

I used to use Firefox, but eventually I am heavily invested in Google ecosystem and Chrome proved to be just as good and even better, so I made it my choice.

My favorite browser, with features, speed and the overall look and feel is EDGE....but...the lack of integration to mobile and cross platform forces me back to Chrome as my go to. Not to mention, Chrome's password identification, sharing and storage system is the best I've used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Why would want any of your applications to work with IE8? That's like saying "Hey guys, lets make sure our programs work with Windows 3.1, it's very important!"
    They were grafted to IE8 when written for IE5.5

I am in the unfortunate position of having to deal with a lot of legacy code, part of that legacy is front-ends to some poorly architected faces framework. Oh the fun we have o_O

The front-ends will be re-written in compliant code when we are done with a back-end overhaul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Simply untrue. It makes Windows force-close games for me, because even when cutting down on tabs, it still saves too much in memory, eventually I sit with only 10-15 tabs up and a game and then I can't play games. Whereas in a new session I need far more than (and usually have) 50 before this happens.
    There is an Automatic tab discarding flag you can toggle to see if it makes any difference for you. The description goes like this:
    "If enabled, tabs get automatically discarded from memory when the system memory is low. Discarded tabs are still visible on the tab strip and get reloaded when clicked on."
    For me the tab discarding was too annoying because when revisiting tabs the pages would often be blank and have to reload, so I disabled it. I do think the memory management of Chrome is sometimes buggy though, there are occasions when memory usage goes up and won't release until you close the whole thing.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-05-20 at 12:01 PM.

Chrome for me feels faster and less glitchy