Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Because of that WoW token will be worth at least 500k gold if not millions. Basically you will be able to pay 15 euros or dollars and get the best gear from auction house right away.
    Bit of an exaggeration seeing as how the BNet Balance didn't even double the token's price in the US. Sure it was a massive spike (< 60k to 90-100k and still slowly climbing), but it wasn't the ridiculous jump you're talking about.

I don't even think the most expensive clients (Chinese/Korea) will hit 500k from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Whew. I'm sitting on a good amount of gold, but this is gonna become a bother soon.
    Why wait? Buy tokens now and redeem for BNet balance before it goes up any more. It's not like gold has any real value anymore outside of trading it for BNet balance.

You can use BNet balance for game time, so buy up to $350 Balance worth and then sit on 10 tokens. If you have any more gold, use tokens to add game time to your WoW account until comfortable, then buy back up to 10.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Bit of an exaggeration seeing as how the BNet Balance didn't even double the token's price in the US. Sure it was a massive spike (< 60k to 90-100k and still slowly climbing), but it wasn't the ridiculous jump you're talking about.

I don't even think the most expensive clients (Chinese/Korea) will hit 500k from this.
    Well the most expensive regions are the ones that don't give a crap about shooters, so obviously they won't be effected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You doubt the power of free stuff, for people with millions of golds this is a god send, for the people who struggle to get their token this is the nail on the coffin
    yes but those with millions of gold already use their gold from time to time to get things related to wow or blizzard, if they didn't used anything so far they won't use it for destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well the most expensive regions are the ones that don't give a crap about shooters, so obviously they won't be effected.
    US is arguably the region that gives a crap, but even still, if the jump from WoW time to ACTUAL CURRENCY (for Blizzard games) didn't go higher than 50-60k, I doubt Destiny 2 will make it go that high.

Keep in mind that the WoW token for BNet currency made it so you can buy the following games (AND cash shop items for the games):
    - WoW (all expansions, services, cash items, etc)
    - D3 (games and microtransactions)
    - SC2 (games and microtransactions)
    - HotS (all microtransactions)
    - HS (all microtransactions)
    - OW (game and microtransactions)

So if ALL OF ^ didn't make the token go up that much... Idk why the OP is crazy enough to think Destiny 2 alone will make it go up like 8-9x more than the above did.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

US prices before today were 112k. Immediately after this announcement it jumped to 132k and is still rising.

EU jumped from 193k to 231k, and still rising.

And EU prices more than doubled due to the Blizzard Balance/Token change.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-05-19 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    When a game is shitty for 2 years, it doesn't really deserve me going back to play it.
    Enough people liked it though and many will see it as a free game since they can use a few hundred thousand gold to grab it. This is a brilliant, all be it transparent, move by Blizzard/Activision to get an extra 20 to 30 dollars for the game. At the same time getting a few more people active in WoW even if just briefly.

- - - Updated - - -

US is arguably the region that gives a crap, but even still, if the jump from WoW time to ACTUAL CURRENCY (for Blizzard games) didn't go higher than 50-60k, I doubt Destiny 2 will make it go that high.

Keep in mind that the WoW token for BNet currency made it so you can buy the following games (AND cash shop items for the games):
    - WoW (all expansions, services, cash items, etc)
    - D3 (games and microtransactions)
    - SC2 (games and microtransactions)
    - HotS (all microtransactions)
    - HS (all microtransactions)
    - OW (game and microtransactions)

So if ALL OF ^ didn't make the token go up that much... Idk why the OP is crazy enough to think Destiny 2 alone will make it go up like 8-9x more than the above did.
    Tokens were 45k in the US and for the last month have been around 105, that is a pretty big jump. Some of it is also because they removed the 36 months of game time tokens in a 24 month window, but a lot is being able to buy other games and goodies with them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Why wait? Buy tokens now and redeem for BNet balance before it goes up any more. It's not like gold has any real value anymore outside of trading it for BNet balance.
    [/FONT]
    True. I have a problem pulling the trigger for some reason. But you're right, there's really no reason to wait. It's not going down any time soon.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

LOL WHAT?

That iLvl seems a tad low but that gold is DEFINITELY low. A single world quest gives you anywhere from 50 to hundreds of gold. A single 850+ iLvl mission from your Order Hall gives over 2k if 200%'d. You also get piles of gold for doing Emissaries, Legionfall Supply Turnins, etc.

There is no way the "average player" only has 500 gold.
    If you look at mmo's recent post about the challenge appearances, the "average" ilvl of players at 110 is at the 860 to 870 range, so saying the player base as a whole is averaging 865 isnt too inaccurate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prudi View Post
    The average WOW player is item level 865 and has 500 gold. Don't worry about your shitty game time token increasing by 10% for 2 weeks. Nothing is going to happen because of this.
    We found the joke of the day in this THREAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep this in the thread in the Video Games Discussion forum.