Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Driver is in custody and has a history of drunk driving. -CNN
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoutout to the racists who couldn't wait to use a tragedy to preach their insecurities. So many posts and tweets across the internet deleted...smh.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Pedestrians being hit by assholes in cars is a daily occurrence in the US. I guess Times Square makes this a special incident? heh.
    pretty much, i mean this happened near me and I'm pretty sure it was only local news that covered it

http://wqad.com/2017/05/15/two-more-...auction-crash/

Well, it was done in the name of god. Apparently while high on PcP, God told them to do it.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/us/new...ans/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    TV is reporting here that police is /not/ treating it as terrorism. Drunk driving probably.
    =(
    The guy was high on K2, also one girl died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Well, it was done in the name of god. Apparently while high on PcP, God told them to do it.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/us/new...ans/index.html
    K2 not PcP.

http://cliffsidepark.dailyvoice.com/...th-pot/711058/

She died : ( Her sister is in critical.

*Sound scratches to a halt. Freeze frame.*

Oh yeah, that's me. I bet you are wondering, how did I end up in this situation?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

So fucking tragic!

Hopefully that monster will never see the light of day again!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    People in NYC drive very quickly relative to the sheer amount of pedestrian gridlock and traffic that there is - I'd be more inclined to think this a tragic accident before leaping to any other conclusions.
    Speed limit is 25 across all of Manhattan unless on a highway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    In before someone blames Trump for this.

Probably some grandpa / drug addict / islamist. Or a combination of all three.

[Infracted]
    Why did this get infracted? These are feasible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Speed limit is 25 across all of Manhattan unless on a highway.
    You would never know it - not unless you lived there, I guess. People also weave, merge, and pass on narrow and crowded lanes without slowing. Traffic in the entire city feels like it would be a never-ending nightmare.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You would never know it - not unless you lived there, I guess. People also weave, merge, and pass on narrow and crowded lanes without slowing. Traffic in the entire city feels like it would be a never-ending nightmare.
    I drive in Manhattan quite frequently, I used to deliver goods there but that was a long time ago. Now I am there for leisure only. Traffic during rush hour is pretty shitty unless you know how to travel, there are ways to move around. Times Square is the worst which is where this happened especially if you're going cross town.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I live about an hour outside of NYC I always take a train/taxi when I go into the city you couldn't pay me enough to drive there. Those taxi drivers are nuts!
    Still better than Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Regardless, that person shouldnt then accelerate and aim for the sidewalks. I never said it was a terrorist attack, but it's very likely the driver meant to hit people.
    You realize depending on the medical emergency you might not be able to control what your body is doing?

And before you say "they shouldn't have been driving in the first place" it's also possible the problem went diagnosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Still better than Boston.

My husbands family all lives in Rome Italy. Some of the roads in that city haven't been updated in like hundreds of years. Those narrow ass winding roads not to mention the assholes on mopeds make it the worst I've ever seen.

Tragic.

Also, don't understand why lonely zergling got infracted.

Also also, Boston looks like your average European city.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Tragic.

Also, don't understand why lonely zergling got infracted.

Also also, Boston looks like your average European city.
    Yea i love New York (Manhattan) for it's logical system. In Sweden it's like, New arrival= "I'm at the station now, where am i supposed to go?". Friend he's visiting= "Come to Kungsgatan!". Kungs what? You would never be able to find Kungsgatan with logic, it's a shit system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    You realize depending on the medical emergency you might not be able to control what your body is doing?

And before you say "they shouldn't have been driving in the first place" it's also possible the problem went diagnosed.

Yes i do realize this. But the chance of this person getting a fucking seizure that happen to push the pedal to the ground with his spasms is very slim. Thats all i'm saying, not that it can't happen. It's just very unlikely, and it wasn't the case this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/death...cidents-2017-1

Bask in its glory. Look at how terrifying and deadly terrorism is to the average American! Now not only do I have to leave my house in mortal terror of sharks, asteroids, bicycles, and the police, but also of terrorists. Oh the humanity!
    moment you said "Bask in its glory" my brain read everything in Mimiron's voice.

On topic. (not you nixx, other posters in the thread) Man people are quick to assume and dont even feel ashamed when proven wrong.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/death...cidents-2017-1

Bask in its glory. Look at how terrifying and deadly terrorism is to the average American! Now not only do I have to leave my house in mortal terror of sharks, asteroids, bicycles, and the police, but also of terrorists. Oh the humanity!
    Let me just play the devils advocate here:

Heart disease: Your own fault
    Cancer: Your own fault
    Any injury: Probably Your own fault
    Chronic lung: Your own fault
    Accidents: Probably Your own fault
    Stroke: Your own fault
    Alzheimer's: Your own fault
    Diabetes: Your own fault
    Influenza: Your own fault
    Kidney: Your own fault
    Suicide: Your own fault
    Motor vehicle: Probably Your own fault
    Falling: Your own fault
    Murder: Not your fault
    Assault by gun: Not your fault
    Car/Van/Truck: Repeating, but probably Your own fault
    Suffocation: Your own fault
    Walking: What the fuck?
    Motorcycle: Probably Your own fault
    Drowning: Your own fault
    Poisoning: Probably Your own fault
    Fire or smoke: Probably Your own fault
    Assault by sharp object: Not your fault
    Any force in nature: well, GG
    Choking on food: Your own fault
    Bicycling: Probably Your own fault
    Accidental gunshot: Probably Your own fault
    Police: Definitely Your own fault (triggered yet?)
    Airplane and spaceship: Not your fault (unless you are the pilot, then probably)
    Heat wave: Probably Your own fault
    Electricity etc: Probably Your own fault
    Animal attack or accident: Probably Your own fault
    Sharp objects accident: Probably Your own fault

Foreign-born-terrorist: 100% not your fault

Tornado: Not Your own fault (how is this not any force of nature?!)
    Cataclysmic storm: Now we're just going through forces of nature...
    Asteroid: Well, GG

Legal execution: Your own fault
    Dog attack: Maybe Your own fault?
    Earthquake: Another force of nature

Bus,train, or streetcar: Probably Your own fault
    Lightning: Not Your own fault unless you were standing straight under a tree
    Stinging by hordnets etc: Probably Your own fault

Asteroid: Again with that shit

Shark attack: Mostly Your own fault

Refugee terrorists: 100% not Your own fault
    Illegal immigrant: 100% not Your own fault
    Visa Waiver Program: Once it happens, 100% not Your own fault

So from that list, when we exclude forces of nature, almost everything else is probably your own fault, or could very likely be your own fault.

Walking down a street and getting either blown up or trucked by a terrorist is definitely not your fault. Therefore people are legitimately afraid of it even if getting murdered by some stranger or relative is more likely. Simply because it is outside of your control. Compared to Europe, the US has a very minor terrorist problem although they love to think that they have one.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2017-05-19 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Car drives into crowd in Times Square, injuring several

NEW YORK (AP) -- A car traveling through Times Square has driven into a crowd of pedestrians, injuring several people.
    Television images taken at the scene midday Thursday showed people being taken away on stretchers.
    The car came to rest with two of its wheels in the air, leaning on a lamppost and steel barriers intended to block vehicles from getting onto the sidewalk.
    There was no immediate word from New York City police on the number of people who were hurt.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-18-12-22-43

No news of deaths which is good. I don't think a terrorist would use a car when there are so many guns around here but I may be wrong.
    Depends. If it's something organized properly then guns/bombs are a good choice. But if they can't do that it's really easy to get your hands on a car/truck and run over a bunch of people.

Here's a video of what happened, from different cameras around the incident. Looks intentional to me, but make up your own mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCC...ctr=1495206681