Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    Without an open market for tokens similar to eve online or other games where the player can see and put buy or sell orders for the item, everything about "how" the wow system work is speculation.
    And since it is speculation it is shady. There is no transparency to this system.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    I may have misplaced my hat but this seems mighty fishy to me, I find it hard to believe that EU jumps 30k in 12 hours and US jumping just over 20k in the same time period, is there some secret info in some patch notes I am missing that has people out mass buying these things ?

I know jumps in price happen but not like this and not unless there has been some info leaked but I have not heard of anything myself.
    maybe they want to buy destiny 2?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Has nothing to do with that, it's all determined by Blizzard.
    What? The tokens? It's on a supply/demand basis. Blizzard only set up a starting price.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Just because you say it's supply and demand doesn't make it so. Dat argument...... D:
    Its Supply and Demand, That's factual not a opinion.

supply and demand
    phrase of supply
    the amount of a commodity, product, or service available and the desire of buyers for it, considered as factors regulating its price.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    There is no transparency to this system.
    What specific issues that are transparent to everyone else do you find difficult to understand ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If the price is going up at the capped rate, then it means it will fall rapidly after for a period.

The dollar amount yes, but not the gold amount. The gold amount is set by supply/demand.

- - - Updated - - -
    they earn 7 euros with every token passing the AH.

its so crazy how absurd much money they make by doing nothing. there must be so much ppl out there buyin gold (the ones that pay blizz 20 euros for 1 token) that so many ppl can even buy that much tokens (the one that dont pay blizz monthly 13 euros sub via 1 token) for stuff like destiny, services. 7 euros win for blizz. crazy. SO much money out of nothing.

lol, i bet they earn more with that system than with the subs themselfes crazy world.

clever greedy bastards. when ppl support it.... nice idea
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-05-19 at 01:41 AM.

Can you go to the auction house and post the token at your price? No, you can not because blizzard is setting your token price. Nothing else i said. Stop making shit up.
    As long as Blizzard set the price it is not a true supply and demand system.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    they earn 7 euros with every token passing the AH.
    And you think real world stock exchanges do it for free

- - - Updated - - -

They set the INITIAL price years ago, just like happens with ANY listing on a real world stock exchange. There has to be an initial price, since then supply/demand has set the rate.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Blizzard setting the original price matters none. Everyone sets the price of there product and it adjust's to supply and demand.

Walmart sets the price of there milk, Mc Donalds sets the price of there food and it adjust's to supply and demand (along with other factors).

This is 4th grade stuff and clearly some people was asleep when the teacher was talking about it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its Supply and Demand, That's factual not a opinion.
    Do you know if there's a bug in the determining of the current token price? Is that still supply/demand? Is blizzard artifically increasing the token price, though nobody buying?

We don't know. Again i'm not saying that's the case, but it could be.

I can't go to the auction house and sell the token at my own price. That alone makes the system not supply/demand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Blizzard setting the original price matters none. Everyone sets the price of there product and it adjust's to supply and demand.

Walmart sets the price of there milk, Mc Donalds sets the price of there food and it adjust's to supply and demand (along with other factors).

This is 4th grade stuff and clearly some people was asleep when the teacher was talking about it.
    So right now im Mc donalds and i got my food and i wanna sell it at my price. Oh, i can not because someone else tells me at what price i have to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It really is because the price will sink heavily again.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you determine the price of the token? No. It's all automated. That is not supply and demand.
    Yes it is. The tokens sold out, so the price went up. I logged on about 2 hours after the announcement and there were no tokens available. I sat there waiting for it to refresh as other people bought tokens for money and listed them. The price was literally increasing in front of my eyes because there was tons of people like me trying to buy just a handful of tokens.

Stop spreading lies that the token system isn't regulated by supply and demand. It always has been. It being automated or the algorithm being set by Blizzard doesn't mean it's not based on supply and demand. Prices were so low during WoD because there was no demand since so many people quit the game. We see demand skyrocket when tokens can be used for BNet balance, and prices rose right along with that demand. But supply never rose at an equal pace, so prices never went back down to the same level they were before they could be used for BNet balance.

Now we have yet another thing tokens can be spent on. True it's still just BNet balance, but Destiny is a new IP for Blizzard, bringing with it new demand. It's also insane for some of these other people to claim the demand is fake, that everyone is just buying tokens because they think there will be demand due to Destiny 2, but that there is not and will not be any actual demand. The hype for the game is real, and plenty of people are excited that the Blizzard shop will be handling the game.

Haven't touched tokens personally... but saw a few gold farming types in trade chat complaining a few hours ago that no tokens were available to buy, which checks out for why the price would be increasing in a supply and demand scenario...

Your conspiracy ideas are backwards anyways: More tokens sold is more revenue for Blizzard - they're not going to force people to sub for $13 when they can get someone else to pay for their sub with $20. Each "f2p" player they create from a subbed player is a gain of ~$7 per month, so they're not going to drive the token price insanely high just to screw f2p people.

Do you know if there's a bug in the determining of the current token price? Is that still supply/demand? Is blizzard artifically increasing the token price, though nobody buying?
    You do realise that when the GOLD price of a token goes UP, it means not enough people are paying DOLLARS for the tokens to mean the demands of those wanting to buy the tokens with GOLD.

That is - it is entirely possible for the demand for GOLD purchase token to go down, and the gold price to go up because the DOLLAR purchase of token has an even faster decline.

Anyway - it is undeniably supply/demand - but it operates like a FOREX more than a shop as currencies are being traded, not goods for currency.

We don't know. Again i'm not saying that's the case, but it could be.

I can't go to the auction house and sell the token at my own price. That alone makes the system not supply/demand.

- - - Updated - - -

So right now im Mc donalds and i got my food and i wanna sell it at my price. Oh, i can not because someone else tells me at what price i have to sell it.
    It's an automated supply and demand system?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...en-new-details

Original announcement from Blizzard on how it works.

Last paragraph on the page:

Because the Token exchange has to start somewhere, we will be setting the initial gold value of the WoW Token ourselves. The starting gold value in each region will be based on several factors, including regional in-game economies, but ultimately our goal is to select a fair and reasonable starting price. After that, the Token’s gold value will be determined dynamically based primarily on player supply and demand. Simply put, if more WoW Tokens are being listed than are being purchased, the price will automatically drift downward over time. If people are purchasing Tokens from the Auction House faster than they’re being put up for sale, then prices will go up accordingly. As a reminder, to help make sure players can trade WoW Tokens confidently, once a Token sells, the seller will receive the amount of gold they were quoted at the time they listed their Token.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    I think they're getting into that territory - and you have to hope Blizzard doesn't want it to go too high. Cutting out the token for time buyers cuts out a large potential market. Now, they may have thought that through, and decided it was OK, and if that's the case - so be it. 25-30K was just too cheap. 100K was doable. We're already at 137K in the US - that's getting into too high.

We'll see I guess!
    They don't need to do anything. If it goes to high, demand will drop, leading to price drops. If it goes to low, supply will drop, leading to raises.

In fact, manually adjusting it would likely just reduce their own profits from token sales. There is no incentive for them to intervene unless something is flat-out broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Technically it is this time, the demand went up while the supply stayed the same sooooo, the price rose. Soon people will cash in on the higher gold cost of the token and supply more tokens to the market which will cause the price to drop and level out somewhere equal to or just slightly higher than it was prior to the announcement. Just like when the b.net balance thing was announced.

Supply and demand is the bread and butter of any economical swing.
    ....except in your example the prices never returned 'back to normal'. Day before cash shop tokens were ~60k, shot up to 111k and finally stabilized around ~90k 6 days later. They've been hovering between 100-110k the last week and right before today's announcement they were ~112k.

Also, I'm not sure that they do come down. I imagine there are un-subbed players with stashes of gold that will swoop in for some tokens→$$ in the fall just to get a 'fresh start' on a new game.
    Last edited by SirReal; 2017-05-19 at 01:53 AM.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

ITT: people arguing the facts about some lines of code that no one in here has ever seen.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    And you think real world stock exchanges do it for free

- - - Updated - - -

They set the INITIAL price years ago, just like happens with ANY listing on a real world stock exchange. There has to be an initial price, since then supply/demand has set the rate.
    completely false. if i would not be too lazy to find the blue post in ther interwebz, i would show you when they said "and adjusting prices as needed". if they just set the initial price, why is it not open like ah?

sorry bro, but you dont get modern money makin they will never ever open this system bc they can exactly adjust the gold price (by influencing in/out cap) to a value that suits max token selling. 7 euros per transfer is the goal. so you adjust the price EXACTLY to the point where it has lowest gold value (so sellers sell as low gold as possible, bc more often = more transfers = more 7 euros) but hugh enough ppl are willing to pay 20 euros for. ofc this market fluctuence changes, so you always have to readjust.

and thats the simple reason this system will never be open. it is a brutal great money maker for blizz. as i said, clever bastards.

oh btw: think a second about the value of token vs services. and then ask yourself why blizz dont merge servers but keep going with halfarsed cross realm that wowprogress transfer eval chart 2 years ago, showed how much billions they made with transfers alone.

ppl have to start realizing 1 simple thing: they make billions with cash systems. regardless if HS, WoW or anything else. especially wow is financing itself by just being a cash cow money maker system. without all that with wow as a platform, i doubt there would be still teams as big as the Legion teams

and they have a very, veeeery clever finance department.

sad but true.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-05-19 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    ITT: people arguing the facts about some lines of code that no one in here has ever seen.
    I always have to think about that legendary bug that existed but hundreds of mmo-guys claimed there was no bug it was just luck. Could be the exact same shit with the tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's an automated supply and demand system?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...en-new-details

Original announcement from Blizzard on how it works.

Last paragraph on the page:
    It says "primarily". It doesn't say "only".

No one here knows exactly how it works. It might be 99% supply and demand, it might be 51%. But it's not 100%, and it's not 0%.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.