Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So it begins, soon we'll have some nasty f2p asian games showing up on the battle.net launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    So it begins, soon we'll have some nasty f2p asian games showing up on the battle.net launcher.
    Quite a big leap from a big sister company title to random asian f2p games.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    This is a profitable deal for Blizzard, regardless of Activisions part in it. Don't be daft.

Keep maintenance on a service they already have support established for. Add big title. Gain profit from exposure to your titles. It's quite simple really. "We really love Destiny 2" could be translated to, "fuck yeaeaaa boy big moneys".
    Blizzard has all the exposure they need, they don't need some cheap copy past pile a crap to get them a bad rep... But again this is blizzards wallets talking.

Ok wow tokens are 140k and growing so watch wow subs suffer... Blizzard will gain nothing but Destiny will at the cost of blizzards other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    Blizzard has all the exposure they need, they don't need some cheap copy past pile a crap to get them a bad rep... But again this is blizzards wallets talking.

Ok wow tokens are 140k and growing so watch wow subs suffer... Blizzard will gain nothing but Destiny will at the cost of blizzards other games.
    Which games, aside from your theoretical hit to WoW, will suffer from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post

You can never have too much exposure. Especially from Destiny 2 players (Bungie fans) that may or may not have been in contact with Blizzard before. It's a goldmine more or less. And it should be blatantly obvious at this point that Blizzard is a company that is run and owned by shareholders , their main goal is to make that share go up. Games is just a way to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Amazing news! I wouldn't trust anyone else for that. To put the game on the b.net platform means that Blizzard personally backs it, which to me is all I needed as proof of quality.
    you played WoD and Diablo 3 right? lmao quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    you played WoD and Diablo 3 right? lmao quality.
    D3 launch was a catastrophe, but you're disingenuous if you say that the expansion was bad. WoD also had a lot of very strong points, they sadly has been overwhelmed by the content drought (which is only an issue from a game design perspective).

Frankly, to say that these were bad is to have a shallow reasoning. The story, the art, the gameplay was brilliant in both of these. But the game design failed to deliver for both. And one was successfully fixed when the expansion was released, while the other is still being worked on actively.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I just hope Destiny 2 has a decent single player and is at least arguably comparable to Borderlands (any).

Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    I don't think people realize the hardcore bromance that Blizzard and Bungie have had as companies for years now. Especially since Blizzard is owned by Activision and Bungie has a 10 year contract with them for Destiny I'm not all that surprised. I personally think it's a great idea to help shore up any of the issues that Destiny 2 would have had that are PC specific issues that Blizzard as a company has perfected dealing with for years now.
    Activison Doesn't 'Own' Blizzard

Blizzard saved activision from vivendi by merging with them
    Blizzard is the BIGGER company. Not activision

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Whats Battle.net? Only got some Blizzard App now.
    The App is not the service.

Battle.net is a service. The Blizzard app is an application that connects to said service.

10+ Year Old Account
    1st step for battle.net to become new steam?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank God!!! i really don't like playing fps games on console or any others games tbh as long as i don't have to.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Any way to get WoW Tokens without an active WoW sub?:P
    You can buy tokens for gold from the character select screen. Select "Reactivate Now" and you will get an option to buy a token, it will also show the current gold price for tokens so you know how much you are spending on that server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just summarise what a lot of people are probably thinking on some level about why this is a bad idea.

Despite what Blizzard and Activision may say to the contrary, this is not a one-off. It's testing the waters and establishing the precedent. It's another example of a AAA publisher wanting to have their own little slice of the digital storefront pie without any of the bad PR EA/Ubi got for Origin/UPlay and it's a dilution of what it tangibly means to be "in the Blizzard ecosystem".

Within a couple of years you'll fire up your client to have a couple games of Overwatch or log in for your WoW raid and you'll have giant ads for Call of Duty map packs shoved in your face and down your throat. It's not good for consumers at all.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Can't say i'm thrilled about it because it opens a precedent. I'm sure they are testing, and maybe it makes sense for them to juggle new audiences around. I do think this will make destiny more sucessful, but i'm not sure Blizzard is really gaining much from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I'll just summarise what a lot of people are probably thinking on some level about why this is a bad idea.

Despite what Blizzard and Activision may say to the contrary, this is not a one-off. It's testing the waters and establishing the precedent. It's another example of a AAA publisher wanting to have their own little slice of the digital storefront pie without any of the bad PR EA/Ubi got for Origin/UPlay and it's a dilution of what it tangibly means to be "in the Blizzard ecosystem".

Within a couple of years you'll fire up your client to have a couple games of Overwatch or log in for your WoW raid and you'll have giant ads for Call of Duty map packs shoved in your face and down your throat. It's not good for consumers at all.
    Wouldn't bother me, more things in one place, the better. Hell, this might actually wind up in me playing D2 when I normally wouldn't have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Can't say i'm thrilled about it because it opens a precedent. I'm sure they are testing, and maybe it makes sense for them to juggle new audiences around. I do think this will make destiny more sucessful, but i'm not sure Blizzard is really gaining much from this.
    20 dollars every time someone purchases it with wow tokens, and judging by the forums and the rising token prices, that will be more than a couple.

I take it this means the next CoD game will also show up on Battle.net?

If they want to attract me to try this game, they should make a better Trailer,
    Thank you

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Yeah, Destiny on PC, usable in my Launcher of preference, interactable with all my B.net Social services and purchasable with Gold.

There is literally zero downsides to this.

Fuck yeah!

I really really do not like that they are going to put non-Blizzard (aka bad) games in the launcher. It should stay pure.