Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It says "primarily". It doesn't say "only".

No one here knows exactly how it works. It might be 99% supply and demand, it might be 51%. But it's not 100%, and it's not 0%.
    The rest of the quote describes exactly how the system is intended to work. You may be right, but the way they describe how the system is intended to work is a supply and demand based system. Whether that is the ONLY mechanism the system uses is still unknown, but my post was a direct response to those saying it flat out wasn't a supply and demand system. It clearly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I can't go to the auction house and sell the token at my own price. That alone makes the system not supply/demand.
    You clearly don't know what Supply/Demand is. Let me know when u can got to Wal-Mart and sell milk at ur own price.

Once again 4th grade shit...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You clearly don't know what Supply/Demand is. Let me know when u can got to Wal-Mart and sell milk at ur own price.

Once again 4th grade shit...
    Well, they also believe that Blizz is paying somebody to set prices when they've already got an automated system set up to handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I could go and try to sell it, if they don't want that, that's fine, but right now i would go wal-mart trying to sell my milk but someone else is dictating me the price. Great useless metaphor right here. As you said someone should go back to 4th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The rest of the quote describes exactly how the system is intended to work. You may be right, but the way they describe how the system is intended to work is a supply and demand based system. Whether that is the ONLY mechanism the system uses is still unknown, but my post was a direct response to those saying it flat out wasn't a supply and demand system. It clearly is.
    they also just talkin about supply and demand. no word on size cap (to control/adjust supply and demand).

oh, and this statemnet is a blue post, but nowhere in the liecense agreements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    Blizzard announced that you will be able to buy Destiny 2 with WoW Tokens. So people are buying lots of them.
    This. Demand shot up and supply hasn't caught up to the increased demand. That being said, it's a good time for me to pad my alts' coffers with a few tokens.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Hopefully the token price keeps raising so less people can afford it so they quit and the game can finally die /s

From my point of view the token is cheap but i made 50k gold yesterday alone. It can be done but I've been studying gold making ideas for months. Took a while to get the hang of it. For people upset at the price I suggest you do some research on making gold.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You finding it hard to believe doesn't stop it from happening.

Demand went up like a rocket the moment they announced that Destiny 2 will be buyable through converting the tokens to Battle.net balance. Simple as that.
    This. To the OP, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that "Hey, there's a game coming out that I want and I can buy it with Battle.net currency!"
    - $15 is how much you get per token, so for around 400-500K WoW gold, you can buy Destiny 2 without having spent a single real dime. Pretty good deal really, especially considering how easy gold is to get in WoW now-a-days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    From my point of view the token is cheap but i made 50k gold yesterday alone. It can be done but I've been studying gold making ideas for months. Took a while to get the hang of it. For people upset at the price I suggest you do some research on making gold.
    Agreed, but hopefully too many people don't look into them, it'll tank the really lucrative ones. Within the first month of the expansion, I made about 500K on my one character on professions alone. Still have a friend that's easily making 50K a week for two to three hours of "work" a week.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2017-05-19 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You finding it hard to believe doesn't stop it from happening.

Demand went up like a rocket the moment they announced that Destiny 2 will be buyable through converting the tokens to Battle.net balance. Simple as that.
    Not nearly as much as the WoW Token becoming the BNet Token though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Tokens prices going up was their D E S T I N Y

Get it?
    haHAA
    i laughed... and I feel bad for laughing lol
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Niggas explain us WoW token economic lessons in 1000 words.
    Niggas got 5$ in their bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    completely false.
    Your denial of reality alters reality not at all.... that's the lovely thing over here in reality land

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so glad I bought as many tokens as I could back when the tokens were under 10k gold. There's no way you'd get me to pay 100k to save a paltry $15.

/Smug face
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I just buy 1 token at a time and always usually have around 250k available so if this token goes beyond 250k each im screwed becaue I don't want to pay $15 a month anymore.

Can you go to the auction house and post the token at your price? No, you can not because blizzard is setting your token price. Nothing else i said. Stop making shit up.
    And how is it I am the one singled out for "making stuff up".
    You are the one who said they are setting the price, while in the same statement saying nobody knows.
    Contradicting yourself, which seems to be a common theme at the moment.
    Claiming someone is guilty of a behaviour that you absolutely need to point out, while doing the same thing yourself.
    Hypocrisy is is strong with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    With Destiny coming to Battle.net, we will see EU token price jump to 400k. So better get ready for hard to get coins.
    If no one can afford the tokens then the price will drop because supply will eventually be higher than demand again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i laughed... and I feel bad for laughing lol
    Got em' 10chars
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could go and try to sell it, if they don't want that, that's fine, but right now i would go wal-mart trying to sell my milk but someone else is dictating me the price. Great useless metaphor right here. As you said someone should go back to 4th grade.
    You'd need to sell it down the street and then you could sell it for whatever price you wanted. Most likely you'll pick a price that's competitive though unless your only purpose is to price gouge and make no money. Walmart would be forced to drop their prices or just compete on their merit alone as a luxury product.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    And since it is speculation it is shady. There is no transparency to this system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This. To the OP, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that "Hey, there's a game coming out that I want and I can buy it with Battle.net currency!"
    - $15 is how much you get per token, so for around 400-500K WoW gold, you can buy Destiny 2 without having spent a single real dime. Pretty good deal really, especially considering how easy gold is to get in WoW now-a-days.

Agreed, but hopefully too many people don't look into them, it'll tank the really lucrative ones. Within the first month of the expansion, I made about 500K on my one character on professions alone. Still have a friend that's easily making 50K a week for two to three hours of "work" a week.
    Yea legion launch was crazy with all the people trying to unlock the forge, at some point i was mass buying everything from the market to craft the cloth and leather wrist for a 4-5k profit per item, a friend was making a lot more using alchemist and the forge.