Came back FFXIV and will be continuing leveling my WHM, currently level 33. Really can't wait to unlock some more dungeons, the group content is really awesome and the visuals are really amazing. I'm curious about how WHM feels to play at the later levels though, outside of healing dungeons etc. the rotation is kind of bland. You just cast stone over and over, I guess that's just part of the territory that comes with playing a healer? I'd assume the actual DPS classes would be a little more engaging in open world content.

Also considering reinstalling ESO but I'm not sure if that would be worth my time, anyone have any opinions on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Came back FFXIV and will be continuing leveling my WHM, currently level 33. Really can't wait to unlock some more dungeons, the group content is really awesome and the visuals are really amazing. I'm curious about how WHM feels to play at the later levels though, outside of healing dungeons etc. the rotation is kind of bland. You just cast stone over and over, I guess that's just part of the territory that comes with playing a healer? I'd assume the actual DPS classes would be a little more engaging in open world content.

Also considering reinstalling ESO but I'm not sure if that would be worth my time, anyone have any opinions on that?
    I'd wait with ESO, apparently there's some huge uproar in the community due to some drastic and and controversial class balance for the new morrowind DLC.
    Besides, that game isn't going anywhere, if you focus on FFXIV you might actually manage to be a part of an expansion launch, and that's always exciting stuff!

That's why I'll try to focus on reaching 50 now so I can unlock the SAM

10+ Year Old Account
    Question for everyone.

Are macros (if they're concise/non cringey) something that affect whether or not you give a player recommendation to a tank or not ?

Obviously the tanking aspect matters too.

I've noticed if I go as a Glad (more MP) and queue for the first Guildhest (usually an instant queue, under 2 minute completion) and use a simple and concise Hello macro with sound effect and then some form of a "great job" macro at the end I tend to get recommendations, but usually only from new players and mentors in the Novice Network.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-05-19 at 01:34 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Question for everyone.

Are macros (if they're concise/non cringey) something that affect whether or not you give a player recommendation to a tank or not ?

I've noticed if I go as a Glad (more MP) and queue for the first Guildhest (usually an instant queue, under 2 minute completion) and use a simple and concise Hello macro with sound effect and then some form of a "great job" macro at the end I tend to get recommendations, but usually only from new players and mentors in the Novice Network.
    I personally don't like them, especially if they're annoying with sound effects. If I see some player go out of their way to do something extra then I'll give it to them. For example monstrous pull as a Paladin and then I see him pop Hollowed Ground which lets me do some free damage as a healer. Sadly most won't do this even if you ask politely.

As far as not getting them I have noticed less people bother to give them out if you're with max level players. I play with usually 2 other people in my LFD so there's always one random person in my dungeons. They probably see it as a hassle even though it literally takes a second to click on it.

Question for everyone.

In my experience, comms go to the person who got the most attention for a good, or at least not a bad reason. If the run was completely non remarkable and you were the only person who said anything, you may be the only person to get comms simply because you said something while others didn't. I wouldn't look too deeply into it...there are days I give comms to other people just because I like their hair, name, outfit or the class they're playing.

Question for everyone.

I don't typically give comms unless I see things that break the norm.

That said, I typically comm:

1. New players that ask questions/willing to learn and are generally a positive experience in the instance. If you are new and can show you aren't ignorant even if you aren't that good yet, I will likely spend the time to comm.
    2. Ninjas who use their abilities like Goad, Smoke Screen, Shadewalker. Single Target Doton (STD) Ninjas on the other hand will lead me to believe that you are clueless about the fundamentals of basic math.
    3. Bards who sing songs appropriately and, since I'm a Warrior main, know how to look out for pacify and use Warden's if level appropriate even if I'm not the warrior in the instance at the time.
    4. Healers who can throw down DPS and still wisely use cooldowns. I had this one WHM in Neverreap while that was the Ex who was doing nearly 1k over the duration of the instance because they knew how to minimize time outside of cleric stance. I would have given them all my comms for a week for gameplay like that - I don't typically see performance like that unless I bring my own healer.
    5. Other random great plays or solid performances.
    6. Names that make me laugh or otherwise interesting conversation during the run.

You telling me hello or emoting to me at the beginning of the instance has no bearing on whether I am going to give you comm.

I think it most situations runs fall into the realm of "passable" and I'm just looking to get in and out as fast as possible to do something else. It's not that I don't care or think that people aren't worthy of praise, it's just nothing stood out enough to me to stop from immediately leaving as soon as the screen flashed with "Duty Complete".
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2017-05-19 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    I'd wait with ESO, apparently there's some huge uproar in the community due to some drastic and and controversial class balance for the new morrowind DLC.
    Besides, that game isn't going anywhere, if you focus on FFXIV you might actually manage to be a part of an expansion launch, and that's always exciting stuff!

That's why I'll try to focus on reaching 50 now so I can unlock the SAM
    Oh really? I hadn't heard anything about that but that's a shame. I'd heard the game has improved since launch but oh well. I am pretty excited about the expansion launch though. Not sure if I'll be able to get to 60 before then or not but I'll definitely make an attempt. What is SAM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Question for everyone.

I always greet people / bow out of the dungeon via emote macros, because I like my to character act instead of punching in a few words myself.
    They are not really a conscious factor in decision making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    4. Healers who can throw down DPS and still wisely use cooldowns. I had this one WHM in Neverreap while that was the Ex who was doing nearly 1k over the duration of the instance because they knew how to minimize time outside of cleric stance. I would have given them all my comms for a week for gameplay like that - I don't typically see performance like that unless I bring my own healer.
    *chuckles* basically how I play.
    If he did that much AoE while the dungeon was current, the tank must have had pretty good gear and a wise use of CDs. Otherwise that would not be possible.

Deleted
    In FF14, you can macro your whole rotation, which will suck due to respond time, but it's possible.

I myself manage with strg+"x" keybinds.
    I'm playing Dragoon, which probably has the most buttons, but easiest rotation.

That reminds me... I deinstalled the game, and now all my macros are probably gone, aren't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    i usually dont even bother to hand out a commendation unless i need it for challenge log and even then i usually forget

when i do remember i generally only give it to give players if they were really easy to play with like a warrior doing good dps or a ninja spotting me with goad at the right time without having to ask etc

most people give tanks commendations though just because they are tanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    So can I macro ALL of my cooldowns that match the same timers (or different timers, idk). There's so many cooldowns I have because the cross class skills. How do you guys manage all these buttons lol.
    when i got like all 50 of bards cooldowns i was like fuck this shit man. it's a class really exposes how insufferably obnoxious of a design animation locks in this game are.

edit: sorry thought you were asking for macros for some reason lol
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-05-19 at 09:53 AM.

For me if I get a group with someone who uses a macro with a sound effect they immediately go on my blacklist.

Quote Originally Posted by aruhen View Post
    the thirst for new info is real. few more days for live letter! Luckily in canada we have a holiday on the same day so i can just pig out.
    thirty. One. Days.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it just me or do bards get faster dps queues for heavensward leveling dungeons?

the other day i queued for a couple of dungeons and it was instant a few times and the queue times were consistently (and here i thought i was going to watch big chunks of into the badlands between queues but nope lol) <5m... but when i would switch to dragoon the estimation would say >30m

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Is it just me or do Bards get faster DPS queues for Heavensward leveling dungeons?
    Game tries to put 1 melee and 1 ranged to team, so if there's loads of melee in queue, ranged has shorter wait to get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Oh really? I hadn't heard anything about that but that's a shame. I'd heard the game has improved since launch but oh well. I am pretty excited about the expansion launch though. Not sure if I'll be able to get to 60 before then or not but I'll definitely make an attempt. What is SAM?
    Sam is the Samurai class that's coming in Stormblood!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Game tries to put 1 melee and 1 ranged to team, so if there's loads of melee in queue, ranged has shorter wait to get in.
    for a while there a lot of my groups were bard/bard or bard/mch =|

this shit so fast i cant even do my quests to get my abilities lol
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-05-19 at 01:52 PM.

For anyone looking to get into FFXIV and is new to it I recommend this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/final-fa...?skuId=5872303

(I am sure there is a PC version as well and that's one hell of a deal)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So the next Gold Saucer Make It Rain event has been announced on the Japanese twitter account, May 30 - Jun 13. Everyone is assuming the this is when that new Rainmaker/Sice hair will also be released.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

aw yii only need 100k for fenrir.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    aw yii only need 100k for fenrir.
    They nerfed the price, or are you sitting at 900k?

I just need the chair mount, then I'll be picking up minions and music rolls.