Is the forum filter broken?

I keep getting political posts showing up despite me ticking off everything but wow news
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Happened to me too. Unchecking Politics in the filter fixed it. Not sure why it turned itself on.

The Politics subforum is new, so it has no filters set for you yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved this to the Suggestions and Feedback forum. [ML]
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The Politics subforum is new, so it has no filters set for you yet.
    Yup, you will need to turn it off and save once.

The filter for Politics subfilter is not saving to off for me since yesterday, every single time I visit the frontpage it resets back to enabled, despite turning it off & saving every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yup, you will need to turn it off and save once.
    stil not working sadly. Everytime i turn it off and save its gone. But the moment i refresh the homepage it's back.

No Tusk Club.

I am having this same problem, having tried unchecking the "politics" forum and saving my changes. I am using Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

(Edit - Looks like it might just be a browser issue, changes seem to stay when i tested with IE).
    Last edited by grandgato; 2017-05-22 at 04:53 PM.

Same Chrome version, tested on multiple computers, it appears to be working fine.

If you click the little info symbol in the URL bar, open cookies, and remove cookies for www.mmo-champion.com and mmo-champion.com, then save your filter again, does that fix it? Keep in mind that removing those cookies will log you out.

Clearing cookies worked for me, thanks Chaud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Same Chrome version, tested on multiple computers, it appears to be working fine.

If you click the little info symbol in the URL bar, open cookies, and remove cookies for www.mmo-champion.com and mmo-champion.com, then save your filter again, does that fix it? Keep in mind that removing those cookies will log you out.
    This worked, Thanks a lot.

No Tusk Club.

Logged out, cleared cookies, logged back in, turned off the politics forum and some of the gaming forums, went into a thread, came back out, and here's politics again:

Hmm. Looks like it's working now. Must have been more cookies to clear than it said. When you log out, it does say all cookies cleared, but obviously it doesn't.
    Last edited by Ringthane; 2017-05-23 at 01:13 AM.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Yeah it will only clear login related cookies when you log out, not the filter one.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have logged out, cleaned my cookies, logged back in, clicked forum filters, disabled politics, reloaded, clicked forum filters, politics back on, clicked it off again, logged out, cleaned cookies, logged in, forum filters, politics off, reload... IT'S STILL THERE! What am I doing wrong? I don't want to see Trump threads

Edit: Using Chrome 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    I have logged out, cleaned my cookies, logged back in, clicked forum filters, disabled politics, reloaded, clicked forum filters, politics back on, clicked it off again, logged out, cleaned cookies, logged in, forum filters, politics off, reload... IT'S STILL THERE! What am I doing wrong? I don't want to see Trump threads
    How are you clearing your cookies?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Site information, Cookies x in use, remove everything

@chaud: thanks for the tip, using Opera, cleared all cookies for the site & now seem to be saving the info properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    Site information, Cookies x in use, remove everything
    I'm not sure then. The only reports of it not working for people are the few in this thread and I didn't change anything significant, just added another forum to the filter. Maybe clear your browser cache as well?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely purging the browser cache worked. Thanks chaud!
    I just hope I remember my netflix password...