Etraeus Celestial Map vs Cake {Holy}

Post your opinions, I personally prefer cake for most fights as holy as most fights you know when 800k~ damage is soon to come (with exceptions of Trilliax and Tich if not brand breaking)

I'd like to hear others opinions, however.

Deleted
    Firstly: What other trinket are you wearing? Cause if you don't got Velen's; why not both?

Secondly: What's the item level on the trinkets?

Thirdly: I'd say check your logs, on fights like Krosus cake is great, on fights like Spellblade, not as great.

Deleted
    I have found that the cake takes the cake (pun intended).
    I run with velen's trinket and a 900 preserved cake. I use the shields whenever I know that a chunk of damage comes, as somewhat a mana saver. Stuff you don't need to heal is pretty great.
    On the other side, the map procs can be quite strong, but they are random. A proc during a lull, is useless.

Also, the cake works perfectly fine for spellblade (frostphases, throw it into melee camp) and tich, again melee camp for brands or to mitigate the dots during bat phase, when everyone is stacked.

The one thing that I don't like about it, is the range. It feels kinda inconsistent...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potpourri87 View Post
    Also, the cake works perfectly fine for spellblade (frostphases, throw it into melee camp) and tich, again melee camp for brands or to mitigate the dots during bat phase, when everyone is stacked.
    I mistook personal experience for objectivity, since I'm part of the frost debuff jugglers I can't really leave to drop cakes on melee, but it's not the same for others of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I mistook personal experience for objectivity, since I'm part of the frost debuff jugglers I can't really leave to drop cakes on melee, but it's not the same for others of course.
    Is that on mythic?
    I haven't tried her on mythic yet, I spoke about heroic :P We're currently trying on Krosus

5+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people seem to underestimate the power of Map.

What it offers is the same thing as a stat stick (which are super strong on Hpriest) instead it's TRIPLE the secondary stats. With a 25-29% uptime, this is quite good overall as typically you'll proc the trinket during high cast rates (lots of damage is going out) hence, repping the benefits. When there's slow periods, you're casting seldom hence - MUCH less chance for a proc.

Cake is also solid however, the healing can be "wasted" at time where's the full absorb isn't utilized (damage isn't enough pop it on all members) or otherwise. Really though, trinket choice simply just depends on the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potpourri87 View Post
    Is that on mythic?
    I haven't tried her on mythic yet, I spoke about heroic :P We're currently trying on Krosus
    Yeah it's on mythic, gotta handle the frost marks with some finesse in mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Ren009 View Post
    A lot of people seem to underestimate the power of Map.

What it offers is the same thing as a stat stick (which are super strong on Hpriest) instead it's TRIPLE the secondary stats. With a 25-29% uptime, this is quite good overall as typically you'll proc the trinket during high cast rates (lots of damage is going out) hence, repping the benefits. When there's slow periods, you're casting seldom hence - MUCH less chance for a proc.

Cake is also solid however, the healing can be "wasted" at time where's the full absorb isn't utilized (damage isn't enough pop it on all members) or otherwise. Really though, trinket choice simply just depends on the fight.
    The issue is that the proc is far too random. Getting the wrong stat proc at the wrong time renders it fairly useless (I have a 910 map and 900 cake and I alternate using both, cake+velen and for spellblade/augur cake+amalgam), while I can easily make full use of cake on every fight. If you use your cake at a bad time that's on you and has nothing to do with the trinket itself. Talking about Mythic to be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    The issue is that the proc is far too random. Getting the wrong stat proc at the wrong time renders it fairly useless (I have a 910 map and 900 cake and I alternate using both, cake+velen and for spellblade/augur cake+amalgam), while I can easily make full use of cake on every fight. If you use your cake at a bad time that's on you and has nothing to do with the trinket itself. Talking about Mythic to be clear.
    What legendary do you use on Augur aside from cloak? Legs? I still like to use velens on Spellblade, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Druglol View Post
    What legendary do you use on Augur aside from cloak? Legs? I still like to use velens on Spellblade, however.
    Prydaz, the shield amazing in every phase (provided that you get the ice debuff). I've got the legs as well but I really only find myself using them on Skorp and CA. They'd probably be very useful on Elisande as well but again Prydaz is a decent HPS increase and usually helps me soak orbs paired with desperate prayer, and we rely on my cloak for quick resses so staying alive is prio for more than one reason
    Last edited by Arainie; 2017-05-30 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Prydaz, the shield amazing in every phase (provided that you get the ice debuff). I've got the legs as well but I really only find myself using them on Skorp and CA. They'd probably be very useful on Elisande as well but again Prydaz is a decent HPS increase and usually helps me soak orbs paired with desperate prayer, and we rely on my cloak for quick resses so staying alive is prio for more than one reason
    Why don't you just get a soulstone from a warlock for the same quick resses? :P

I stopped using my cloak long ago. It was good for progress bosses where you could end up suddenly dying, or in fights where you'd OOM quickly and need the second pot, but it's quite useless unless you have either of these issues.

Currently I use legs+prydaz for most farm, sometimes switching legs with wrists on encounters where POM won't bounce as much (tichondrius for example). Also made a weakaura for one of our locks to help him keep a soulstone on me before every encounter in case of a wipe and we need a quick mass res.
    Last edited by mmocbb59ab2b4f; 2017-05-31 at 01:23 AM.