Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    World of Diablo please

EOD
    another fantasy mmo? take a look at the market for mmos, its choked with fantasy

Galaxy of Starcraft. Do eeeeeeeeeeeet.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Couse wow is dead right? right? right? like, what, more than my entire country's population are still active, but the game is dead. The most played MMO game of all time and the only one who can keep montly sub no matter what is ... dead.

Come on my server (silvermoon EU) And see what a dead realm is like, you cant get to a quest without people camping it, the groupfinder is full with 30-40 groups all the time.

You are having a dead brain, if anything.
    Your server appears full because of CRZ technology.

The group finder is full because its people on other servers.

IIRC, Legion is the first expansion to have current content CRZ'd.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

World of Diablo please

EOD
    WoW already is World of Diablo. Random drop legendaries, endlessly-scaling dungeons, near-endless EXP (AP) grind after you reach max level, etc.

Somewhere in the 2030s to 2040s, i see disney buying this ip and trying a couple movies. Maybe a small blizzard section in disneyland with a ride or two.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

world of diablo... it seem impossible they never think about it or dont work on it actually secretly, i mean, the lore and popularity of the game just gave them a good reason to do it, and legion was a good test for it

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    WoW already is World of Diablo. Random drop legendaries, endlessly-scaling dungeons, near-endless EXP (AP) grind after you reach max level, etc.
    yeah, but its not diablo lore neither the world of diablo

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably make another game based on RNG and loot boxes. Seems to be the new fad right now in the industry.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Give me a second, let me plan out my entire life before I start living it.
    Im a retard like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Somewhere in the 2030s to 2040s, i see disney buying this ip and trying a couple movies. Maybe a small blizzard section in disneyland with a ride or two.
    Disney? Nope. They have more than enough IP with Star Wars/Pixar to last them 50 years, and the game is too dark for the parks.

Outside of the WOW community, nobody cares. Universal would be the ones to pick up more movies, as they were behind the first one, and their parks would be more likely to host anything, but WoW would have to be at Harry Potter levels of fandom to do it. Stuff at Universal/Disney is really, really fucking expensive to build and design in the parks, I don't see it happening at all. And, it has to be family friendly. WoW isn't.

And, you're assuming that a decade from now, people will have any interest in a 20 year old video game. That's some powerful wishful thinking you've got there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    world of diablo... it seem impossible they never think about it or dont work on it actually secretly, i mean, the lore and popularity of the game just gave them a good reason to do it, and legion was a good test for it

yeah, but its not diablo lore neither the world of diablo

Diablo lore is in a bad place, the game doesn't really have a next chapter, without changing the entire feel of the game. A prequel is what I'm thinking. There's a big part of the world it's set on the game never explored.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Warcraft 4, Wow2, Diablo 4, Diablo MMO.. if you think something that would fill the hole of Wow conceptually, these would be your possibilities. Quite unlikely to happen tho
    A cross-over theme would be interesting for a mmo but fornow let's stick with what we have.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Disney? Nope. They have more than enough IP with Star Wars/Pixar to last them 50 years, and the game is too dark for the parks.

Outside of the WOW community, nobody cares. Universal would be the ones to pick up more movies, as they were behind the first one, and their parks would be more likely to host anything, but WoW would have to be at Harry Potter levels of fandom to do it. Stuff at Universal/Disney is really, really fucking expensive to build and design in the parks, I don't see it happening at all. And, it has to be family friendly. WoW isn't.

And, you're assuming that a decade from now, people will have any interest in a 20 year old video game. That's some powerful wishful thinking you've got there.

- - - Updated - - -

Diablo lore is in a bad place, the game doesn't really have a next chapter, without changing the entire feel of the game. A prequel is what I'm thinking. There's a big part of the world it's set on the game never explored.
    I disagree because the lore is way too rich. They can mine it for a lot of stuff. Disney would have to reboot the entire lore because the writers butchered everything but wow lore is one of the most prized assets. It can surely be kid friendly, especially when the wow gamers get older and have kids to go to parks with. I can see an actor dressed as thrall running around disneyland going loktar ogar.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

World of Diablo please

EOD
    Because they've done so well with Diablo 3 right? #shudder

Deleted
    I fear that instead of putting creativity first and loving what they do they will end up going the route of "how can we make lots of money and how do we design a game around it?"

One can clearly feel that this is the way it has been for quite some time now. The love for the art is not quite there anymore. Even though the games are still good they do lack that very special something that you cannot describe with words

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    To be fair FFXIV has kept the monthly sub and is still growing... WoW isn't alone in the sub MMORPG space.
    Didn't FF peak at like 1/2 the WoW subs though? No clue just know no other sub based MMO is close to WoW lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    World of Destruction.

D2:LOD based MMO. Ez money.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Destiny 3.

Starcraft MMO please.

So no more Diablo forever? Come on dude.. wake the fuck up

Diablo 3 is a disgrace yes.

dont mess diablo 3 who is just an action grind in 2d space with a whole game being made in a huge world , in 3d and in a rpg atmosphere like WoW vanilla have been, a world of diablo would be make in a huge world, with rpg thing everywhere showing us all the lore that diablo have (there so much potentiel in this lore, diablo is not just diablo 3 and 2, there a lot of book on it proving that the thing has good potentiel to be mmorpg material)

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Well Blizzard has released products after the introduction of WoW including the recent Overwatch which is crushing WoW in terms of growth and numbers.

The question becomes does Blizzard attempt to fill the MMO void with another IP or do something else with the Warcraft IP. Is there a big enough interest to return to an RTS of which the devs will try to shove an e-sports aspect to it? Personally I would love a WC4 which in my opinion is a far better method of telling the story.

When WoW will get put on life support could be four years or more from now and a lot can change by then in regards to the market. Do RTS games make a return or a new style of MMOs has yet to be seen.
    my hope is at certain point they go to the elder of scroll way, abandon rts genre and create a series of single player open world games without all the restriction an mmo have.

There is so much potential in all three ips (WoW, diablo, starcraft) that will never be completely expended if they stuck to only mmo, a&s, rts.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

A new RPG? Do they have one already?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Probably make another game based on RNG and loot boxes. Seems to be the new fad right now in the industry.
    You are close. As you said, that is the fad right now. The question is what will be the fad in 5 years or so from now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    my hope is at certain point they go to the elder of scroll way, abandon rts genre and create a series of single player open world games without all the restriction an mmo have.

There is so much potential in all three ips (WoW, diablo, starcraft) that will never be completely expended if they stuck to only mmo, a&s, rts.
    While I would love proper single player RPGs, the reality is that unless they can shoehorn some (semi-competetive) online play into it, it probably won't happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While I would love proper single player RPGs, the reality is that unless they can shoehorn some (semi-competetive) online play into it, it probably won't happen..
    i wonder why they already have multiple online games is that really important for blizzard to make only online games?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.