Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloody Destiny.

Hopefully it'll come down soon. Kinda sucks to have WoW suddenly cost more just because they decided to put a game they didn't make on the Launcher...

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    I am so glad I bought as many tokens as I could back when the tokens were under 10k gold. There's no way you'd get me to pay 100k to save a paltry $15.

/Smug face
    Smug face is more convincing if you didn't make it hilariously obvious that you're lying. Next time, check wowtoken.info to see the lowest price tokens ever traded for, and use the information to help construct a more convincing lie.

Glad I bought my last store mount two days ago while the price was still (relatively) low.

Token auctions are definitely broken at the moment, tried to cash in on the rising prices by selling a token, figuring demand would be high. And while I could purchase one from Blizz - of course - I can't sell it on the AH. Just get an error message that token auctions are unavailable. (EU servers)
    Last edited by KivuYar; 2017-05-19 at 05:46 AM.

Yar/Kivutar -+- Raze -+- Alonsus-EU

I understand supply and demand... But hell, I still can't believe it that so many people have so much gold, that the price can go up for 50k in one night. Eu token price at the moment is 250k. This is... A LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    I understand supply and demand... But hell, I still can't believe it that so many people have so much gold, that the price can go up for 50k in one night. Eu token price at the moment is 250k. This is... A LOT!
    Also the service is down, so you can't sell them on AH.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    You clearly under estimate corporate greed, also i didn't say Blizz DID i said i WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED if they tinkered with it to increase token sales even more. It is the perfect time to make stealth changes to the system because any sudden price increase can be blamed on the announcement.

Is it possible Blizz made stealth changes to the system? Yes
    Did i say for a fact they did stealth changes? No
    Tinfoil hat: ACTIVATE

The main problem, as I can see from all the posts here and on wow forums is this fact.
    Rich players that drive the token prices to the sky, can't spend any gold in the game, because they have everything there is to buy with gold. So practically, botters and hardcore gold grinders are ruining the economy for the majority of player base. Its like real life. 1% of rich people have more money than everyone else together, so they dictate the market.

I bought tokens up to the cap in august when they were like 60k. These prices don't bother me since this is what I was expecting at launch not 2 years later. High token prices are great for gold making, every time the price goes up, people sweep all the transmog off AH. My psychological limit is about 500k, after that I would have to spend time actually farming and that is not the desired use of your play time.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Also the service is down, so you can't sell them on AH.
    gotta jak up prices somehow they stabilized for too long on 200k i bet by the time for 8.0 we will see tokens going in eu for 500k

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    The main problem, as I can see from all the posts here and on wow forums is this fact.
    Rich players that drive the token prices to the sky, can't spend any gold in the game, because they have everything there is to buy with gold. So practically, botters and hardcore gold grinders are ruining the economy for the majority of player base. Its like real life. 1% of rich people have more money than everyone else together, so they dictate the market.
    well duh but truth be told gold is easy to be made - but most people simply cba to farm it because its not worth the time in their eyes - 20 euro is not big price for 2 months of game time if you are not unelployed or high school student so why farm gold

tokens were nice addition when they appeared and cost like 30k per unit at launch - but when they are at 250k ? not worth the hassle - 10 euro/month is worth less then farming 250k in game. for me its less then 2 hours of work and i live in realitively poor country - there is no chance i would farm up 250k in 2 hours - just not gonna happen.

still i have 1 more year of sub thanks to cheap tokens so /shrug by the time my sub runs out we will be on lul-period of last tier so gonna be perfect time to take few months of till 8,0

on the other hand prices going above 500k may make me ocsider actually buying token and selling it for gold - lets see if it reaches it by the time 8,0 lands
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-19 at 07:02 AM.

Demand rises over game that doesn't even have a release date?

*Scratches head* You must be some broke ass motherfuckers already trying to dodge $50 for a game that is nothing but a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by kivutar View Post
    Token auctions are definitely broken at the moment, tried to cash in on the rising prices by selling a token, figuring demand would be high. And while I could purchase one from Blizz - of course - I can't sell it on the AH. Just get an error message that token auctions are unavailable. (EU servers)
    One simply cannot resell a token. You can buy one from Blizz for $20, sell it for gold. You can buy one for gold, give it back to Blizz for $15. Buying for $20 then selling for $15 is just foolish so they prolly allow that but who would bother?

You cannot buy for gold then sell for gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Not this time buddy.
    That is exactly what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnar View Post
    One simply cannot resell a token. You can buy one from Blizz for $20, sell it for gold. You can buy one for gold, give it back to Blizz for $15. Buying for $20 then selling for $15 is just foolish so they prolly allow that but who would bother?

You cannot buy for gold then sell for gold.
    I meant buying from Blizzard (with money) and reselling on the AH (for gold).

What seems to be broken right now is selling a token on the AH.
    Buying a token from Blizzard, of course, works perfectly - but you can't get any gold for it, at the moment at least. It will have to just sit in your inventory.

Buyer beware...

Yar/Kivutar -+- Raze -+- Alonsus-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Smug face is more convincing if you didn't make it hilariously obvious that you're lying. Next time, check wowtoken.info to see the lowest price tokens ever traded for, and use the information to help construct a more convincing lie.
    No need to be salty just because I bought several years worth of game time for a mere pittance.

Regarding the <10k remark, I might have been thinking of the Battered Hilts which I also have many of, what I'm sure is that I bought a ton of the tokens when the system was first introduced and I now I don't see myself paying for the game for the foreseeable future.

So once again...
    /smug face
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Has nothing to do with that, it's all determined by Blizzard.
    To a degree, but the simple fact that people are losing their minds over it and grabbing tokens even if they aren't a token buyer in the first place (as an example), that isn't down to Blizzard themselves just as much like Nintendo's new DSXL that was out of stock for months up to Christmas. They can only foresee a certain impact, they can't however determine how millions of active users per month will react. And it's Battle.net so it's not only going to be World of Warcraft impacted, the balance is catering for all their games so you have their bases too adding into the pot. And it's a non-Blizzard game, how can they cater for that when they've not even been in their marketing before? It's Bungie, Microsoft had a handle on it but they can't just exchange notes haha.

It's all classic supply/demand scenario.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-05-19 at 07:31 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    You clearly under estimate corporate greed, also i didn't say Blizz DID i said i WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED if they tinkered with it to increase token sales even more. It is the perfect time to make stealth changes to the system because any sudden price increase can be blamed on the announcement.

Is it possible Blizz made stealth changes to the system? Yes
    Did i say for a fact they did stealth changes? No
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Blizzard gets their cut when the token is first purchased? They make the same profit on all tokens so why bother messing with the prices?

Token costing 100k gold costs $20.
    Token costing 20 million gold costs $20.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Blizzard gets their cut when the token is first purchased? They make the same profit on all tokens so why bother messing with the prices?

Token costing 100k gold costs $20.
    Token costing 20 million gold costs $20.
    The 20million gold token is a lot more attractive to potential cash buyers thus it will likely sell in higher numbers than the 100k token.

Deleted
    Thats ridiculous.
    They are adding more and more features (like games) to buy with gold but there is no reason to BUY A GOLD with real cash at all.

If they wont stop sooner or later they gonna close this whole token project like they did with an auction house in Diablo 3.

Add this that people going crazy and they stop to use ANY SUPPLIES in raids(and so) because IT COST GOLD and they need that GOLD FOR THE TOKEN.
    LOL.

As I said, ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If no one can afford the tokens then the price will drop because supply will eventually be higher than demand again.
    The thing is that people will still buy, just for othr reasons and by fewer people. More and more people eare farming gold, not for income buys, but to get things in the Blizzard store. This means, that people who have hoarded gold are now gonna use it to buy the token and get currency in exchange.

So all in all, the buyer-base have increased, but the sellerbase has not, which means that it will increase by alot before it stops again. Also, since there is nothing to buy with gold atm, people have little reason to sell the token, even for 400k
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.