Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

I dont know how isnt everyone spamming mythics+ dungeons like crazy o.O

I fucking love mythic+ dungeons, I love to run them non stop over and over again, every dungeon is different and then the affixes change weekly.
    Ive raided for years before this type of content now I find myself over and over running them rather than raiding.

And quite frankly high mythic dungeons are a lot more tactical and harder than any type of raiding, including mythic raiding. The only think about mythic raiding is the endurance of performing at a certain level for long period of time, but the actual tactics arent that hard to follow right.

So Im wondering why isnt everyone spamming mythic+ dungeons a lot more, Id do it even if I was fully geared at 925. If only blizzard create a system to grind in dungeons rather than just gear would awesome, like dungeon experience points, like honor in pvp, there should be some kind of honor in pve.

Well I'll tell ya then, I personally absolutely despise 5man dungeons, in any format.

That's the reason I'm not "spamming mythics+ dungeons like crazy"

I think the artificial entry barrier of above the required item level sets a damper on many players even getting started on mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    Well I'll tell ya then, I personally absolutely despise 5man dungeons, in any format.

Same here. 5man format (1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps) is boring. Not even close to raiding.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do my weekly +10 or +9 then log off.

Running them over and over again gets boring, and some affixes are more annoying than fun.

Formerly known as Arafal

Mythic + isnt exactly harder? It just comes to a point when you are in a high enough mythic + that you cant survive, even with cds. When a full on tank druid gets oneshot by boss abilities through all cds you cant really call it tactically hard. What mythic bosses have you done and what is the highest key you have completed to say this as a fact?

I find the strategy of boss fights a lot more interesting than the strategy in mythic+, but each to their own.

Funny, I find mythic dungeons tediously boring. I hate playing against the clock. Having a timer sort of goes against everything I feel an rpg should be. Plus I'll never forgive them for putting crafting quests in mythic only dungeons. It feels like blizz twisting solo/casual players arms forcing them into group content.

If you got 4 friends or guildies then great, knock yourself out. But for solo players it sucks ballz.

I absolutely love 5 mans, but am completely disinterested in mythic+. The idea of timed runs and "challenge" brouhaha doesn't appeal to me at all. Not being able to queue isn't helping either. Mythic is fun, but due to the unneeded and artificial limitations, CBA most of the time.

Still miss Cata style 5 heroics, it's all the game ever needed.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    I think the artificial entry barrier of above the required item level sets a damper on many players even getting started on mythics.
    While I agree with that statement. It is up to those players to overcome that by just making their own group. Set the itemlevel to 850 or something and gradually get themselves up to speed to where the big prizes are. You state that it will be a low-itemlevel group and thus will attract similar minded people or... will have the higher itemlevel guys behave as they joined the group knowing that it would take longer then expected.

Just do this for a week or so and you will be up to speed.

But "those" people you are referring to probably won't. They rather cry at fora or at their friends that no one is willing to take them or blizzard should step in and offer more themepark rides....

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I absolutely love 5 mans, but am completely disinterested in mythic+. The idea of timed runs and "challenge" brouhaha doesn't appeal to me at all. Not being able to queue isn't helping either. Mythic is fun, but due to the unneeded and artificial limitations, CBA most of the time.

Still miss Cata style 5 heroics, it's all the game ever needed.
    Lots of people didn't like those though, and after Firelands, they were pretty much redundant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Lots of people didn't like those though, and after Firelands, they were pretty much redundant anyway.
    I loved the cataclysm 5mans as a gearing method, the difficulty was perfectly appropriate.

I have never liked the idea of having to revisit dungeons afterwards, for me they were a means of progression to get into raiding.
    And Ideally I would have liked them to stay that way.
    Last edited by Luubox; 2017-05-19 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post

This is about where I am. I can't stand any form of 5 mans. Hard pass.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Because it's exhausting...

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    So Im wondering why isnt everyone spamming mythic+ dungeons a lot more
    Because it's the same dungeon, even if there's a variation in approach / abilities / number of mobs. I've done several hundred and I'm sick of them. Go the same way, see the same scenery, use that skip in that dungeon, use that skillset if necrotic, use bloodlust on that pack / boss if tyrannical / fortified etc. I'm also doing them with the same group, so that doesn't help either. Maybe you have a higher threshold for seeing the same thing / doing repetitive stuff, so the short answer is "people are different".

I love 5 man dungeons that also are difficult but i hate the rush mentality of current gamer generation and everything that has a time counting down..

I am an old school MMO player and as they say an old dog cant learn new tricks

If they had a strategic, slow approach i would run them all day. I just dont find fun the go go go fast fast fast mentality...

People who said they despise 5 man... maybe you do because they are boring in the current form.. imagine if they were not all about rush to the end.. imagine if there were 6 man group with a room for support class (buffer, cc, debuffer, etc) in case the game had support classes... it was hard strategically and not timely..
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2017-05-19 at 09:42 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I like them and have done plenty over the course of this expansion, but it's the same reason I don't eat Icecream every day. You just get tired of one thing too many times.

My guild just stopped raiding until Tomb of Sargeras. I only log on once a week now to do a +10 Mythic plus.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I love 5 man dungeons that also are difficult but i hate the rush mentality of current gamer generation and everything that has a time counting down..

I am an old school MMO player and as they say an old dog cant learn new tricks

If they had a strategic, slow approach i would run them all day. I just dont find fun the go go go fast fast fast mentality...
    Agreed 100%.

When all I started getting is nothing but morons in every group, or the healer or tank leaving half way through and the group falling a part. I stopped doing them.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    I also quite like pushing high m+ keys, but definitely not as a replacement for mythic raiding. Mythic raiding is still a whole different ball game. You need actual tactics and then (if you don't overgear) execute them perfectly across 20 individuals. That alone makes it much more exciting.

Yes, the +20 Upper Karazhan we did 3 weeks or so ago that was also challenging and especially the worm took quite some creative tactics before we downed it, and it took us more than 2 hours to get through the dungeon, but that is still absolutely nothing compared to a mythic boss you and 19 mates are progressing on over several raid days until it finally goes down. In my experience, the longer it takes to down a boss, the better the feeling afterwards when you managed it.

Maybe not comparable to modern-day WoW, but I still remember the feeling when we killed C'Thun end of Vanilla after hitting our heads against that wall for probably 2 months, 3 raid days a week. And not like today's raids of log in for them, then log out, but actually spending hours upon hours farming nature resist pots and gear. The moment that this boss fell was so great that I don't think I'd ever forget it.

To everyone saying that you can't pug m+ and therefore they suck: Anything you pug has a 95% probability to suck. Simply because noone has a stake in the game. In a fixed raid group or even fixed m+ group, if you screw up, you will get mocked for it (or shouted at) in voice chat. There is an actual incentive to play well. In a PUG, if you screw up, the worst that can happen is that the group disbands and forgets about it 10 minutes after.