Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I loved playing destruction in vanilla, doing pvp with the 7/10/34 build was amazing, and was fun in MC/BWL.

Cataclysm Destro. Shared Artifact Power across all 3 weapons. Replace that stupid "Impish Incineration" with something like "Demonic Incineration" that just increased all pet damage by 15% instead of restricting me to 1 stupid little pet when I have a bunch of demons to choose from. Pretty sure I remember Blizz saying "we're going to make EACH demon viable for play," and then they go and design it so only 1 demon is viable for each spec. Maybe give the Succubus Shadow Bolt or something instead of that useless melee attack thing it does. Kinda sad they gave us all these fancy new glyphs and updated models for demons that we NEVER get to use, except when world questing where we outgear everything so much that whatever demon we have doesn't actually matter.

Oh, and get rid of Lifetap. Just remove it from our spell books, set it on fire, throw it off a cliff, and drop a fat lady on it. No one likes Lifetap. NO one.
    Last edited by Starshatter; 2017-05-16 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It stills feels like Destruction though is what I'm saying. Like you wouldn't feel like you were playing a brand new spec if MoP Destro got released tomorrow.
    It still feels like destruction as a very vague and general comment, but it doesn't play like mop destruction. Which is what I was saying I wanted.

The 7.2.5 changes make it feel a lot more like wod than mop. Its still pretty spammy with CB's. Still good changes though, I'm more excited with every build these days.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

affliction

noun
    a state of pain, distress, or grief; misery:
    They sympathized with us in our affliction.

To me that sounds less like straight damage and more harrying with debilitating effects. As such I'd like to bring back curses and look at making aff more of a support and control role.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I just want the Vanilla era warlock back in the sense that I have demo/afflic and destro skills all in one spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    MoP Destro, WoD Demo, MoP Affliction

I would bring back Affliction as it existed in Mists of Pandaria, just before the WoD pre-patch.

I would remove snapshotting because it rendered the spec way overpowered with cooldowns, and way underwhelming without.

Besides that, Affliction in MoP was perfect. My Warlock would be my main to this day, if this had not been destroyed.

Deleted
    I want WoD Demo back with DB and Without DB as options. The good thing about DB was less reliance on Soulfire procs at the start.

I'd remove shadowflame stacking and do something with the IMP summon glyph as that was a cool effect/cooldown without being OP.

I liked jumping with Dleap, I liked our fire Aura AoE, could be more impactful, though blizz needs to design encounter to not screw over melee when a warlock is in melee .

I liked the gfx of soulfire combines with Meta it was awesome to be demo.

My warlock is demonology. The gameplay of summoning an army of minions is what sold me on WoW.
    As for what I'd like gameplay-wise:
    Some way to instantly summon our main demons on a cooldown would be nice, as we could before. Have it cost a shard and give it a 2-3 minute CD.
    Something that uses that portal animation that the Shadow Council escape through during the WoD starter quests.
    An option to have more impressive pets for Demonology. Grimoire of Supremacy makes no sense in its current incarnation for Demo, limiting the amount of demons we can have out-why not make it give us a Fel Lord to replace the Felguard? Still functions as a passive option for the row, but makes sense with the spec.
    Regarding metamorphosis, I'd be interested to see if they could combine that with the Thal'kiel's consumption effect. Rather than draining energy to fire a small blast of energy (albeit one that does a lot of damage), what if it were to sacrifice all active demons to trigger metamorphosis, with damage for the next few seconds being increased based on what was out? If you want to put a bit of flavour in maybe it grants an extra ability based on what demons you have out.
    More ways to expand my demon army would be fun. I love the feel of having my army of imps around me, but would love to strengthen their ranks.

You know what would make me happy? Getting some actual new demons and not pointless reskins for a demon we never get to use. We almost had the Inquisitor/Dreadlord instead of the Observer reskin which would have been nice. Demonology is supposed to be a "master summoner" but literally all we get is a handful of imps and two dogs. I'd also like to get Demonic Leap back even if it needs to be renamed, same with Glyph of Dark Apotheosis and Soulburn: Unending Breath. Allow us to summon Dreadlords, Inquisitors, Brood and Imp Mothers and Pit Lords. Let me feel like an actual warlock instead of some gimped quasi-mage.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want demo 3.3 back...

Shadowbolt+keep corruption up
    Decimation to make soul fire faster and free (Decimation allways procs when you hit a mob that has 35% health or less)
    Meta i could do without, it was just a dps cooldown
    but i loved the rotation and how you had to manage your demon to keep demonic pact up best as possible (10% of your spellpower got added to everyone elses)
    with stuff like "glyph of life tap" X percent of spirit is added to your spellpower for 40 seconds after using life tap
    and "Fel armor" X percent of spirit is added to your spellpower
    with the talent that made felarmor much stronger

(Been awhile but i think this was the build? http://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#IZbG...AoE0hVb:oTNzVm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    You know what would make me happy? Getting some actual new demons and not pointless reskins for a demon we never get to use. We almost had the Inquisitor/Dreadlord instead of the Observer reskin which would have been nice. Demonology is supposed to be a "master summoner" but literally all we get is a handful of imps and two dogs. I'd also like to get Demonic Leap back even if it needs to be renamed, same with Glyph of Dark Apotheosis and Soulburn: Unending Breath. Allow us to summon Dreadlords, Inquisitors, Brood and Imp Mothers and Pit Lords. Let me feel like an actual warlock instead of some gimped quasi-mage.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

can we just have enslave demon become the hunters tame pet? please? there is so many cool demons
    i allways felt the 2 headed demonic hounds that had tons of eyes should have been the upgraded felhound, not the oberserver.
    also, yes can we get demonic leap back? i loved that, and i would love to see our horns and wings return, i fucking miss them, i know we cant "meta" anymore, but the horns and wings? please? i miss being able to speak demonic to other people... i mean us warlocks should know demonic, why cant we speak it?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    can we just have enslave demon become the hunters tame pet? please? there is so many cool demons
    i allways felt the 2 headed demonic hounds that had tons of eyes should have been the upgraded felhound, not the oberserver.
    also, yes can we get demonic leap back? i loved that, and i would love to see our horns and wings return, i fucking miss them, i know we cant "meta" anymore, but the horns and wings? please? i miss being able to speak demonic to other people... i mean us warlocks should know demonic, why cant we speak it?
    I've always thought that's how it should work and with the last expansion and this one featuring a heavy demonic theme, there had never been a more perfect time to change it. The thing is, they could have given us our own version of Metamorphosis and simply called it "Dark Apotheosis" (since I know they love being lazy and reusing things). Instead of wings, it could've simply changed our skin to something more demonic, give us a pair of horns and boosted the damage of our various spells or maybe even have it as a way to summon in a big demon temporarily.

There are just so many things they could and should have done yet they put in the least amount of effort toward our class and we're supposed to be happy about that. You know what? I had actually forgotten about that but I think it's because I'm still baffled that anyone could be stupid enough to remove that from us when we spend so much time SUMMONING DEMONS. Then again, these are the people who decided the best mount for us would be yet another boring skeletal horse when a far better and more interesting choice would've been a large, mountable Observer/Darkglare.

10+ Year Old Account
    My perfect Warlock would be TBC Affliction Warlock with Immolate and Shadow Bolt included. All with a bit more viable stats than back then ofc.
    I loved that before eventually being forced into SucSac 3 button spam lock for the remainder of BT and SWP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    My perfect Warlock would be TBC Affliction Warlock with Immolate and Shadow Bolt included. All with a bit more viable stats than back then ofc.
    I loved that before eventually being forced into SucSac 3 button spam lock for the remainder of BT and SWP.
    Dark Pact lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    I've always thought that's how it should work and with the last expansion and this one featuring a heavy demonic theme, there had never been a more perfect time to change it. The thing is, they could have given us our own version of Metamorphosis and simply called it "Dark Apotheosis" (since I know they love being lazy and reusing things). Instead of wings, it could've simply changed our skin to something more demonic, give us a pair of horns and boosted the damage of our various spells or maybe even have it as a way to summon in a big demon temporarily.

There are just so many things they could and should have done yet they put in the least amount of effort toward our class and we're supposed to be happy about that. You know what? I had actually forgotten about that but I think it's because I'm still baffled that anyone could be stupid enough to remove that from us when we spend so much time SUMMONING DEMONS. Then again, these are the people who decided the best mount for us would be yet another boring skeletal horse when a far better and more interesting choice would've been a large, mountable Observer/Darkglare.
    i do like our class mount, as both warlocks and paladins class mounts make sense and fit well as references to the old class quests.
    they are at a good start with the new soulshards glyphs... but we need more

alos the final boss of kharazhan as a mount woulda been fucking AMAZING but i feel people would complain "its just the final boss from khara"

cause holy shit, i fucking love how the final boss of khara looks
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    WOTLK or Cataclysm affliction.

They were as close to perfect as you could get imo, shadowbolt filler with a tangibly different and meaningful execute, haunt as a nice little break-up your rotation ability.

The only problem I had with affliction back then was how little choice you had in the talent tree - I think you could chose between COE or an extra 10y range on your curses or something? It was minor whatever it was, and the new talent systems would presumably have fixed that.

It was an absolute joy to play for me, and kept me subbed and moderately happy through Dragonsoul, which was a tier so bad that I was questioning whether I wanted to continue playing if that was a sign of things to come. MOP's raids were then some of the best I'd ever seen, but affliction was absolutely ruined for me in the process with a redesign that felt completely unnecesary or wanted. I could understand why demo and destro might need the attention, but affliction was fine as it was, needing minor tweaks if anything, not what was virtually a complete redesign and has continued seeing hefty changes in every expansion with what seems like a relentless march AWAY from WOTLK / Cata design as opposed to back towards it.

Give me God damn Shadowbolt back and a meaningful, Drain Soul execute.
    This.

Except for the Council and Beth'tilac during Cataclysm, where I had to play demo and destruction, I always played affliction.
    I f*cking loved my warlock this way.
    I stopped playing warlock because of the changes that went with MoP (I stopped hc raiding also)...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    WOTLK or Cataclysm affliction.

They were as close to perfect as you could get imo, shadowbolt filler with a tangibly different and meaningful execute, haunt as a nice little break-up your rotation ability.

The only problem I had with affliction back then was how little choice you had in the talent tree - I think you could chose between COE or an extra 10y range on your curses or something? It was minor whatever it was, and the new talent systems would presumably have fixed that.

It was an absolute joy to play for me, and kept me subbed and moderately happy through Dragonsoul, which was a tier so bad that I was questioning whether I wanted to continue playing if that was a sign of things to come. MOP's raids were then some of the best I'd ever seen, but affliction was absolutely ruined for me in the process with a redesign that felt completely unnecesary or wanted. I could understand why demo and destro might need the attention, but affliction was fine as it was, needing minor tweaks if anything, not what was virtually a complete redesign and has continued seeing hefty changes in every expansion with what seems like a relentless march AWAY from WOTLK / Cata design as opposed to back towards it.

Give me God damn Shadowbolt back and a meaningful, Drain Soul execute.
    This.

Nagassh, I love you for puting words on my feelings.

Except for the Council and Beth'tilac during Cataclysm, where I had to play demo and destruction, I always played affliction.
    I f*cking loved my warlock this way.
    I stopped playing warlock because of the changes that went with MoP (I stopped hc raiding also)...

MoP Demo, though the tanky Dark Apotheosis instead of the normal dps meta, and with a form more like Gul'dan's. Would tag team tank again with my pets like the good old days, but in this iteration I could actually queue up as a tank. :]
    Horseshit.

I was ADDICTED to Nightfall back in the day (% proc Next shadow bolt instant) for some reason.

Cast Shadow bolt "Get proc from dots" Double bolt! Amazing feeling because shadow bolt was actually hitting hard.
    Last edited by gaz770; 2017-05-21 at 05:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just want the RP flair on the talents back. I remember back in MoP a lot of our talents had little two or three sentence RP snippets and no other spec had any/as many. It was really neat and served as great class fantasy IMO. But then again, the dude that designed MoP warlocks got fired by blizzard due to some stupid bullshit and afterwards it felt like Blizzard was ass raping the entire class just to burn bridges.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.