Page 1 of 2
LastLast

M-Anomaly Healing Rotation

Currently starting M Anomaly and wondering what should be our healing rotation for this fight?

Currenly we run - Druid, Shaman, Priest (holy) , pally

Any tips would be great thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a plan for stacks on each power overwhelming? A lot of guilds took the first one rather high and then close to even for the rest.
    If you have someone logging, that would help with determining what CDs will be up when and if any talent change could be helpful.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    To be honest it doesnt matter but i'd suggest using tranq first since you could use it tiwice depending on how good your dps is. At this point we just have our raid leader call it and keep that phase up untill we can't heal it anymore or most of the time the boss just dies before that.

How high are people going nowdays? Anything above 9 seems to be not so reliable -- in my opinion we could handle a bit higher, however RL feels it's not safe enough, and tbh I feel like anything above 11 will straight up one shot people if they don't have personal cd available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    How high are people going nowdays? Anything above 9 seems to be not so reliable -- in my opinion we could handle a bit higher, however RL feels it's not safe enough, and tbh I feel like anything above 11 will straight up one shot people if they don't have personal cd available.
    We break at 9 for the first one and instantly for the 2nd and 3rd.
    Since we 1-2 guests/PuGs, DPS varies a ton.

We go even split on DPS for 1st 2 add phases with faster moving DPS and/or ranged on the far add (away from the boss); and slower moving DPS stay on the boss and near add. No point asking the DK DPS to hoof it to freaking Timbuctoo to DPS adds on the far side. Have locks do portals for easy movement and/or use Roar if you have it to move back to group quickly after killing first add.

In your healing setup, I would keep the Holy Priest, holy pally on the slow add/boss side and send the druid and shaman to the far add. Have the druid tranq the first thing when the far team gets back. You should have one or more Darkness, Rallying Cry to use as well. Use the Shaman CDs last (spirit link). Save Tide for the slow phase which follows right after that.

Also you may want to 5 heal till people get better with bombs and your healers get more comfortable with healing this encounter. For example, common wipe reasons are bomb deaths. E.g. person with bomb dies prematurely; this will cause his bomb to explode usually in the middle of the raid, which will cause chain reaction and quick wipes. Other common wipes are from the healing debuff which your HPal and HPriest should take care off on their own really.

For the 3rd add set, we send a tank and healer to the far add; and rest of the raid just nukes boss till he dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Thanks for replies - we did 13 pulls last night - we are around 25% hp on the 3rd set of adds spawning -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...tical&fight=24

we are having issues with healing/dps on the 3rd add during the slow phase - seems like its the only crunch time for us.

We get through 8 stacks of Power on 1st phase - when we go to 2nd add - we don thave a problem healing through buffs for the whole raid - just getting to the 3rd adds we wipe every time.

I hate to bother everyone but I linked on of our later pulls that had one of the better outcomes - I go through damage done to adds and some range (hunters) are manly not targeting the adds at all when they spawn. This could be a bigger issue then what we thought last night. We felt the add was up too long during the slow period causing healers to not be able to heal through all the damage.

Let me know if you guys see anything worth calling out or mentioning .

Yeah the 3rd add is the most painful bit of the fight, when progressing we made sure everyone was able to switch straight away so we had our melee run over even before it spawned and we used 2nd pots there, if you can get through that phase you can kill 1 of the 4th set (which comes in right after the 3rd) and just burn boss.
    Just looking very quick at the logs your prot pally is 2nd on the 3rd set of the big adds, rest of the dps need to step it up in particular Tsukitora.

Also you should have Arara take the 2m tranquility talent so its up for that phase. And you should drop a healer 5 is overkill, we actually did the same thing, went with 5 heals for progress and hit our head against the wall for a few weeks, then our best healer was unavailable one night so we tried with 4 heals and killed in 5 pulls, the extra dmg really helps.
    Last edited by Aktec; 2017-05-18 at 10:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrogglez View Post
    Thanks for replies - we did 13 pulls last night - we are around 25% hp on the 3rd set of adds spawning -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...tical&fight=24

we are having issues with healing/dps on the 3rd add during the slow phase - seems like its the only crunch time for us.

We get through 8 stacks of Power on 1st phase - when we go to 2nd add - we don thave a problem healing through buffs for the whole raid - just getting to the 3rd adds we wipe every time.

I hate to bother everyone but I linked on of our later pulls that had one of the better outcomes - I go through damage done to adds and some range (hunters) are manly not targeting the adds at all when they spawn. This could be a bigger issue then what we thought last night. We felt the add was up too long during the slow period causing healers to not be able to heal through all the damage.

Let me know if you guys see anything worth calling out or mentioning .
    5 Healing is Overkill imho. Bring one more DPS, split for the first and the second sets of adds. Take 7-8 hits from the first, afterwards Interrupt asap.

As soon as the 3rd adds spawn have the entire raid move to one of them, nuke it and kill the boss before the 4th set of adds spawn. There is no Need to send a tank and healer to one of the adds, if nobody is in range of it it wont cast Chronomate and just cast the Aoe, which you should be able to easily heal because everyone is stacked. (use any remaining healing CDs)

Healer Need to Focus on time release, esp during fast time, and ppl with time bombs.

As soon as ppl get more comfortable with the fight and DPS increases you may want to kill the boss on the 2nd set of adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    We break at 9 for the first one and instantly for the 2nd and 3rd.
    Since we 1-2 guests/PuGs, DPS varies a ton.

We go even split on DPS for 1st 2 add phases with faster moving DPS and/or ranged on the far add (away from the boss); and slower moving DPS stay on the boss and near add. No point asking the DK DPS to hoof it to freaking Timbuctoo to DPS adds on the far side. Have locks do portals for easy movement and/or use Roar if you have it to move back to group quickly after killing first add.

In your healing setup, I would keep the Holy Priest, holy pally on the slow add/boss side and send the druid and shaman to the far add. Have the druid tranq the first thing when the far team gets back. You should have one or more Darkness, Rallying Cry to use as well. Use the Shaman CDs last (spirit link). Save Tide for the slow phase which follows right after that.

Also you may want to 5 heal till people get better with bombs and your healers get more comfortable with healing this encounter. For example, common wipe reasons are bomb deaths. E.g. person with bomb dies prematurely; this will cause his bomb to explode usually in the middle of the raid, which will cause chain reaction and quick wipes. Other common wipes are from the healing debuff which your HPal and HPriest should take care off on their own really.

For the 3rd add set, we send a tank and healer to the far add; and rest of the raid just nukes boss till he dies.
    I see you took the liberty of digging through logs -- not sure what you found (given our logs are mostly private). Nevertheless for several weeks we have been killing Anomaly fine (including some kills with 16 people). As for the healing -- usually we have 2 pallies (I rarely play my priest nowdays), so we keep Paladin+Shaman on the boss, and send the other paladin+druid with the run group.

I was just wondering if people go beyond 9 stacks and how much.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    To be honest it doesnt matter but i'd suggest using tranq first since you could use it tiwice depending on how good your dps is. At this point we just have our raid leader call it and keep that phase up untill we can't heal it anymore or most of the time the boss just dies before that.
    Great heroic advice.

Here'sthe fastest kill in the world. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=219823

as you can see they break on 10 stacks and then kill it 24 seconds later so... clearly you aren't talking about mythic, which this thread is.
    Last edited by patrins; 2017-05-21 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    We break at 9 and have our healing rotations set on the last stacks of the cast during first power overwhelming: with your setup we'd probably go with spirit link on 5, hymn on 6, tranq on 7, healing tide on 8, aura mastery (devotion) on 9.
    All other casts of power overwhelming we break at 3.

First set of adds we split evenly (melee on 1 side, with warlock portal; ranged on the other side).
    Second set we have 1 tank, 1 dps with 2 interrupts (arcane torrent is awesome) and pala healer on 1 add; all the rest on the other. Kill it ASAP and go for the other add.
    We either kill it before 3rd set of adds or right as they spawn.

We keep the boss in the middle at all times (he doesn't move during power overwhelming).
    Last edited by mmoc419a7752f2; 2017-05-21 at 02:00 AM.

We send the whole raid left side add besides tank+me(holydin) and an affliction lock and a DH dps to the right add. Once they kill add on left side the other DH dashes over and helps finish em off. We stop it at around 7 stacks to be safe and instantly on second PO. Works well for us.

Unfortunately I can't help you with rotation since I go to the right add so I'm not really a part of the rotation.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-05-21 at 09:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    We send the whole raid left side add besides tank+me(holydin) and an affliction lock and a DH dps to the right add. Once they kill add on left side the other DH dashes over and helps finish em off. We stop it at around 7 stacks to be safe and instantly on second PO. Works well for us.
    Ya thats how to still do it the raid goes left the 2nd tank a healer and 3 dps go right and we break the first at like 8-9 then then the 2nd PO we just break at 2-3 then the boss dies past the 2nd I think we used to do 2-3 stack as well but I cant remember as the fights over before it happens.

We break at 8 stacks (could easily go 9-10 but there's no point in risking anymore since it dies way before 3rd add), split raid even between 1st and 2nd add wave. I suggest keeping boss on one side with slow classes and those with trouble target switching (assa rogues) while sending quick classes to the others side with a warlock portal to get back quickly. If your DPS is high enough for it you can send an interrupt team to the third add on whatever side you don't have the boss and simply keep it interrupted, but others choose killing the third add as well and that might be favourable if your DPS is too low to get boss down before 4th add wave (in that case bringing a 5th healer might be a wise choice since the third add is a nasty point).

It's been a fair while since we progressed on it so it'll obviously be easier with the new traits and higher ilvl, so I doubt you'd have any problem with killing 2.5 waves and interrupting the last add unless your DPS is really poor. For the 8-9 stacks blow every single healing CD and interrupt early on the following waves (we do 3 stacks on all waves but first). If you struggle with DPS a 2 minute talented tranq should be ready for the 3rd (or 4th, can't remember) PO and you can push 4-5 stacks there.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    People were doing 10 in the first week of mythic, you just need SLT+Darkness just before 9, then it covers 10 too. Easily the most broken CD combo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    Great heroic advice.

Here'sthe fastest kill in the world. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=219823

as you can see they break on 10 stacks and then kill it 24 seconds later so... clearly you aren't talking about mythic, which this thread is.
    I was talking about mythic.

We send the whole raid to 1 side on the add phases apart from our Dk tank who solo's the other add.

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    Great heroic advice.

Funnily enough when you aren't running 17 dps and people aren't mostly doing 95+ logs the fight lasts a bit longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Idk if you mean for the whole fight or just for power overwhelming which is the healing "check" of the fight.

Normally it went something like. Tranq around 5, you can Hymn or Spirit Link at 6, Tide 7, Devo at 8, Personal 9. and might be able to take it to 10 and break.

At this point everyone health is so inflated you only need to tell like one/two people to wait at a certain number.

Don't forget to throw in a Commanding Shout at 6-8 wherever, as well as Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Funnily enough when you aren't running 17 dps and people aren't mostly doing 95+ logs the fight lasts a bit longer.
    Yop, this amazes me quite a bit -- whatever the problem people on these forums will always pull out logs/strategies/numbers of the top 0.25% (warning: number pulled out of my ass) players and present it like the norm.

However it shows that 10 stacks is possible just fine, which somewhat answers my question -- how high are people usually taking the buff.