Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Well according to part of the article you linked it's not treason. That being said he's fucked now as he was paid by Turkey and pushed for a decision aligned with its interests. Even if they weren't connected he's fucked because his contract wasn't disclosed until just now.
    Depends on who you believe. Flynn says that he did disclose it and says he has proof. Im sure this was also told to Trump and is probably the reason Trump picked him. After it became too much of a shit show and Trump said, no. GTFO. Still a terrible choice and not one that I would have preferred.

Also, the country has been supporting ISIS for a while now. We are using them in certain wars. This was going on even in the Obama administration. The US has backed its "enemies" many times throughout history. Its nothing new.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    Through a combination of stories that came out yesterday, it seems pretty clear to me that Michael Flynn directly aided ISIS while acting as a foreign agent for Turkey.

The Miami Herald reports that it was Flynn who told the Obama administration at the very end of his term not to work with Syrian Kurds to retake the de facto capital of ISIS in Raqqa. The reason the Obama administration asked the Trump transition is because the operation would start after the inauguration. Turkey considers all Kurds to be terrorists or at least enemies of their state so to have an agent of Turkey sideline the Syrian Kurds is hardly surprising. The treason part comes in that this delay in attacking Raqqa could be considered material aid to an enemy of the United States. Regardless though Flynn was clearly acting against the interests of the United States for his own personal profit.

To make it worse The New York Times reported that Flynn knew he was under investigation by the FBI for his foreign connections and told the Trump transition team about it on January 4th. Well before the Trump team has said it knew. The person who headed the transition was the Vice President. This puts Pence in the very awkward position of having lied multiple times about when he knew Flynn was compromised.

We also know now that after Flynn was forced to resign that Trump tried to get the FBI to "let this go" which would appear imply that Trump knew about all of this the entire time despite him saying he only found out from news reports.

Combined all of this makes it look like both the President and Vice President were at best tolerant of letting Flynn influence American foreign policy for profit, or worse complicit it acting against American interests.
    Sorry but I didn't read that he was for sure being charged with Treason. This seems to be a biased news piece that just questions if it is Treason, please use a less click baity headline.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    and it's extremely hard to prove.
    The Espionage Act on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I cant believe it is Flynn only. I wont wonder if they do a party at castle putinstein somewhere in St. Petersburg every month and call Putin "Boss". And Putin calls Trump "Number one".
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-05-19 at 04:35 PM.