Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I agree with this. To me, it's either make the main stats mean something or get rid of them all together. I would rather have former. In my ideal world, I want strenght to have some uses for mages,druids,etc and intellect to have some uses for warriors and such.
    Oh, that's easy. And we'll get rid of secondary stats as well.

Strength
    Increase melee damage. Increase health. Increase critical hit damage (also for spells).

Agility
    Increase ranged damage. Increase attack and spellcasting speed. Increase armor.

Intellect
    Increase spell damage. Increase critical hit chance. Do whatever mastery does now.

Old models: really don't care
    Bags: would be great with more bagspace, but I'd find ways to fill it regardless
    Hearthstones: already a thing(loads of toys that act as Hearthstones, meaning you can delete the one in your bags)
    Cooking fire: really don't care
    Forge and anvil: doesn't matter in 99% of situations, and there's portable anvils anyway
    Flight paths: would be nice, but also not really a big deal
    Talent system: fuck no, the current system is better than the pre-MoP one, even if talent balance etc isn't great for every row for every class
    Classes and specs: the current specs/roles are fine, we don't need new ones. What we need is for Blizzard to go back to Cata/MoP/WoD styles of class design rather than pruning the shit out of everything and removing interesting gameplay in an attempt to simplify things so bad players can play any spec they want.
    Weapons: this really, really doesn't matter in any relevant content(hint: levelling doesn't matter)
    Heirlooms: just ignore the people requesting duels? This is really not an issue, heirlooms are great(and should be expanded if anything)
    Copper/silver: little RP element, doesn't really matter for anything either way
    Quest mobs: agreed, although for most quests it has gotten better
    Dungeon/raid difficulties: we don't need as many as we have now, but them being there isn't really a huge problem either(titanforging is the problem)
    Gimmicks: don't really care, would rather they're willing to dump shit ideas after 1 expansion rather than have them be part of the game forever
    Legendaries: agreed entirely.

Things I'd want to see left behind:
    Titanforging + random sockets(leave WF if absolutely necessary, but ideally remove that as well)
    Artifacts(getting new weapons was way "cooler" than getting new relics, especially with how much of a fucking mess relic ilevel vs traits is, and without the ability to switch out relics as you want, which you would've been able to in previous expansions with things like different enchants/gems)
    Statstick trinkets(there's like 16 statstick slots, trinkets should be impactful on-use/RPPM/ICD proc or actual interesting passives like Archimonde trinkets)
    Mandatory long questlines that have to be repeated on every character(3rd relic, artifact acquisition, artifact empowerment, Broken Shore intro might be fun the first time around, but after that, even on a new class, it's heavily repetitive and not fun)
    Huge amounts of class-specific "content"(similar to above, most of it is structured the exact same way just has different visual effects/NPC names, and it means that there's much less content to do on 1 character, because it's all split across 12 classes)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-05-19 at 02:05 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Old Models - I would rather have a focus on performance than eye-candy.
    There is a reason why WoW and many games support what is quite now very old hardware, because it represents a significant number of players.
    Improve how accessible a "decent" raiding experience is, and you could potentially increase the participation, and even the number of subscribers.
    Multi-threading looks like a good place to start.

Talents - without those there would not be an option for a spec to improve their performance in a given scenario.
    Their performance by default will simply be what it is.
    Therefore there will be simply good choices for a given scenario, and everything else.

Bags - there are apparently technical reasons.
    Given the popularity of the request to make the backpack bigger, I think there could be good reasons for them simply not making it bigger.

Hearthstones - I agree.
    Given the TCG items, then I would propose either a spell or a toy.

Profession tools - Mixed opinions on that.
    Seems to be to differentiate a bit more between primary and secondary professions.
    Though the ability to seek out an "improved" tool for some and not others could be worked on.
    Enchanting for example could have an improved rod from some drop or quest that improves the cast rate or either enchanting, disenchanting, or improving the results.

Flight Paths -should remain a choice.
    Instant travel nearly if not entirely removes that choice between a flight path and actually travelling via any other means.
    They are effortless enough IMO.
    And 7.2.5 even includes purchasable flight path maps.

Class trainers - lots of NPC's "with no use", and many which have never had any besides flavour.
    While I can see argument for more class flavour throughout the progression, removing them seems a poor response to it.

Epic mounts - are just faster mounts.
    It has been a long time since epic had much meaning, and it was rarely what some players think it was.
    It was never consistent for gear even in vanilla, let alone later.
    The problem there is more the calling them epic mounts, when that has not meant something for a long time.

Heirlooms - not a problem with heirlooms.
    Before that it was twinking with rare drops.
    That is a player problem, not one with heirlooms specifically.
    And that if anything improves the loot options for players who don't have them, less competition at least for upgrades.

Gold currency - not discrete enough for low level rewards or values.
    We would need values from 1 gold vendor, to thousands and such huge numbers in total it would be like the stat and damage numbers blizzard wanted to keep under control.

Quest mob drops - I agree on more generic items.
    But occasionally if a quest theme warrants collection of pristine or rarer forms, then an infrequent drop makes sense.

Quest lines - some agreement, but part of it comes down to not everything needs to be done as quickly as possible.
    There is room for a story to not just be over in 5 minutes, though there is room also for account-wide progression or unlocking, such that some stories do not need repeated with nothing new.

LFR - petty bashing because it does not apply to you, while ignorantly dismissing the very significant difference that you don't want to acknowledge.
    Accessibility due to lack of player dictated requirements.
    LFR should have a loot lockout, so those very capable of other formats wouldn't use it as just another lockout, and them blaming everyone else for their choice.

Gimmicks - matter of opinion.
    Garrisons were a version of the regularly demanded player housing that actually made sense in a hostile continent.
    Pretty little housing did not.
    Arguably Order Halls don't bring so much, and I think missions are falling way short of what they could be.
    I would like to see something more like pet battles, a bit more interactive than click and wait.
    Though order halls did at least bring some of the garrison ideas without the near complete isolation, if still being far too solo in terms of actual interaction there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Main stats. It's totally pointless to have three separate stats that all do the same thing. Str, Agi, Int => Power.
    Four armour types. Three is enough: heavy, medium, light. Plate => heavy; mail, leather => medium; cloth => light. Change monk to use light armour.
    Side quests. Each area should only have one story questline, everything else should just be world quests.

Also the whole item level system isn't very good, but I can't instantly suggest a replacement.
    Primary stats could be merged, or they could stay as they are, it makes no difference. Jewelry already doesn't have primary stats, and all other pieces switch primary stat, so it's purely a flavor thing.
    The armor type thing really, really doesn't matter. Maybe add another mail class, but having 4 armor types is fine.
    Side quests are great, the problem is when the main storyline is mandatory for character progression in such a way that you're forced to skip the side quests.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    What should be left behind? I'll name one:
    The massive fucktons of RNG and most everything being gated behind it.

All I can say is, half the stuff asked to be dumbed down is part of the reason why it's been going for 13 years and why other games who've tried to perfect it are either dead or free to play.
    And also why they have a population sized of Norway still on it and making money... And you're commenting about on an online forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Hearthstones - I agree.
    Given the TCG items, then I would propose either a spell or a toy.
    There's already multiple toys that do it, and at least 2 of them aren't TCG(and everybody should have one of those, the Tome of Town Portal from the Diablo anniversary, the other being the Innkeeper's Daughter from dwarf archaeology)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    All I can say is, half the stuff asked to be dumbed down is part of the reason why it's been going for 13 years and why other games who've tried to perfect it are either dead or free to play.
    And also why they have a population sized of Norway still on it and making money... And you're commenting about on an online forum.
    I would really like to see a source for this.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I agree with this. To me, it's either make the main stats mean something or get rid of them all together. I would rather have former. In my ideal world, I want strenght to have some uses for mages,druids,etc and intellect to have some uses for warriors and such.
    I liked the days when the main stats did something for everyone as well, Agi gave people crit (not casters), strength gave AP to rogues/warriors/druids/shamans. Int helped people level up weapon skills and spirit increased health and mana regen, i agree the dumb down of stats was a bad decision.

Also, I kind of miss hit/expertise, made you conscious of the gear you were getting. I liked gem slots on gear baseline, enchanting gear, and reforging. Hell, even using badges to upgrade gear cool, it made you feel connected to your gear and made you proud that you earned it and made it what it was. Another thing, that they actually took out in vanilla, was needing reagents to craft your gear (i.e. armor scraps, cloth, other crafting material) to actually craft the armor sets, that was really cool stuff.

I do agree that the titanforging system needs to be reworked, i liked warforge because it gave us reasons to keep going back, but this titanforging system is awful, as someone who full clears mythic NH in about 3 hours on tuesday, i cant stand needing to go to normal/heroic and old raids every week because there might be an upgrade, its stupid. If they keep titanforging they need to add a cap to it, like maybe 10 ivls or 15 at max, not 20-25 and even 70 in some cases.

Holinka and Celestalon should be left behind.
    +1 for truth

Almost all of your suggestions would make WoW finally an esports game rather than an MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Gimmicks that are only relevant for one expansion

A no brainer really. Garrisons are only used between 90 and 100. We already know that artifact weapons won't stick around after 110. I know nothing can be done retroactively, but I really really really hope that the next expansion won't bring a new system that is only used for 10 levels out of 120.
    I think phrasing it like that is unfair. It's not 10 levels out of 110 or 120 or whatever. It's for the entirety of an expansion (i.e. more than a year). Furthermore, they didn't just make garrisons, drop them after wod, and never look back. They iterated on them and gave us the class order hall, a much improved version imo. Hopefully they learn something from artifacts and iterate on them for next expansion.

I started to respond line by line, but in the end, the OP reads as "want more convenience". I think there's way too much already. Get more and more disconnected from the actual game that before long we'll be able to do everything on our phones. Not a great plan in my opinion.

I will say for the graphics that the engine has actually been updated. Continually really. WoW doesn't go for that realistic look, and I actually like it that way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    I started to respond line by line, but in the end, the OP reads as "want more convenience". I think there's way too much already. Get more and more disconnected from the actual game that before long we'll be able to do everything on our phones. Not a great plan in my opinion.

I will say for the graphics that the engine has actually been updated. Continually really. WoW doesn't go for that realistic look, and I actually like it that way
    Maybe you are right. But most of these inconveniences are the remnants of more complex systems that lost their meaning. Tools were needed. Camp fires required wood. We had talent trees that made sense. Class trainers were important. Epic mounts were faster than regular mounts. Raids were hard and I couldn't get near them. I'd prefer to go back to the old ways, but if that's not possible I'd rather remove them.

I never said anything about chaing the art style by the way.

The Wall
    Old Models
    This is a far bigger job than you think, with the amount of content the game has, they can't upgrade everything. The engine also has it's limitation, and that's not a slider that they decide to set at a graphical quality level of their choice. There's a reason why games that lasts a long time even with support never reach the visual level of the current next gen games: it runs on an old engine, a game cannot be simply thrown into a new engine, it's just not how any of this works. We already got a race model upgrades, every xpacks the visuals are slightly better made but technologically still bound to the same limitations but a diffuse texture is a diffuse textures, even if the resolution is bigger it's not new technology. Making this engine support normal map would be a nice upgrade but they most likely wont make normal maps of all the old content, so only the new xpack content would have them. Not to mention the game is jesus christly badly optimized, even with a war machine running witcher 3 at 4k 60 fps, you won't get 60 fps in a WoW raid at top graphics, it's that bad.

Bags
    They are minor hindrance, I doubt many people are bothered enough to make them the second point in their wishlist of what they wanna change. Anyways at this point big bags are cheap, once you buy them you never have to deal with this again, I consider them gone already =/.

Hearthstones
    The fact that it's an item is just part of the RPG fantasy. A skill would imply that whatever your class is, it has the magic ability of teleporting, which makes no sense for a warrior for exemple. That's not going away. I could however be in like a special inventory pocket or something if you,re really concerned about that 1 spot in an inventory so big it's literally never full unless you let it get full by never vendoring anything for 5 days.

Cooking Fire
    Another thing that's just RPG fantasy element but I agree that if we don't need a knife to skin or pick to mine, the cooking fire makes no sense anymore.

Forge and anvil requirements
    Same as the above.

Flight paths
    I personally don't like instant travel, I feel like it break immersion, even in Witch 3 I find myself galloping my way to most objectives and only use fast travel if I'm in a hurry or something. Maybe making flight paths faster would work.

The current talent system
    The current talent system is indeed shit, and so was the old one. There was too many boring points (5 levels to get a total of 5% dmg on one skill is straight up stupid) and with the new system they try to make talent choices more meaningful but they only come up with 1 good option per line, so it's brain dead again. I really think putting 1 point every level is more fun for character progression and I wish it would come back to this even if I maxed all characters and will most likely never experience this again. Skill have more exotic bonuses and shit (as seen in artifact traits, normal talents, even on legendaries) so I think it would be possible to go back to something like the old system but with more flavor.

Classes and specs
    Ever since tanking the ogre mage in Gruul's lair in TBC on my mage I wished the game was more about playing a class than playing a spec, and that specs should only be different roles. Every class should have Tank Healer and DPS.

Weapon requirements for abilities
    It made sense back then, doesn't anymore, but so many features completely make this irrelevant to the point where it's easier to ignore than to rework.

Class trainers
    When they said we would get class quests with the order hall I was absolutely sure it would come from class trainers, the lols. Class trainers really are useless now but I mean they don't make the game worse, they're just kinda hanging around, removing them won't change anything. Should make them more useful for sure.

Epic mounts
    Not sure what you want here. Making epic mounts more special? I guess that's cool. I only use mounts to reduce the time wasting to a minimum, my fun is certainly not in navigating the world. They did talk about making it possible to fight on mounts at some point I think it was in some pre-wotlk concept? I dont remember, but seemed fun but it was cancelled, now some classes have that bonus as class hall perks for a while, don't care much about it personally.

Heirlooms
    People simply don't want to go through the same content all over again. It's not interesting enough, it's not fun enough. I got every toon to 100 because of the stupid invasions pre-Legion, without that I would have never leveled everything, too many classes are too boring for my taste. I feel like I leveled enough real toons, the only reason I think leveling should still be a thing is because I saw how terrible people play with their new boosted class cuz they think it's fine to go learn it in your dungeon group. Then I have to kick them. Cuz they fucking suck.
    Heirlooms are also a gold sink and something to do on your main, I think it's hard to make really good alt friendly features, cuz it's basically asking people to go through 10 years old content, be definition it's not fun. The only enjoyable part is discovering a new class you haven't played before, the content itself is atrocious, might as well make it less tedious with OP heirlooms.

copper and silver coins
    Meh, don't care.

Bloodles, limbless, featherless quest mobs
    Yeah, it's annoying, instead of asking for 10 paws and making only half the wolves drop them, ask for 60 and make all wolves drop 4 so we don't feel scammed by a dead wolf.

Quest lines that should be one quest in reality
    Yeah some quests should be put as one, I think there are some quests now that have changing objectives when you complete one it becomes something else, pretty sure that was not possible back in the day.

Dungeon and raid difficulties
    That's called accessibility, I understand the idea of having so much of the same shit in different form to please everyone. I also understand how it can hurt the game by letting people suck instead of forcing them to be good players in harder difficulty. I agree there are too many difficulties right now tho, regular mythic 5man are basically dead, people are queuing in heroic to do the quests fast and be done with them or just go straight to M+. To me LFR is just another way to gear alts, whatever the content I don't care. It shouldn't have to possibility to give anything at all to your main tho, nothing in there should titanforge ever, it's shit content that should only drop shit gear.

None of these systems are used for only 10 levels. They are used for 2 years, 2 freaking years. Most game don't last 60 hours. Also WoW is in a permanent state of iteration, that means things that really suck hardcore, like the garrison, should become useless because they are badly designed and made the game worse. It's also what makes every xpack unique, it gives flavor for a while and then it becomes time to taste something else.

Random drop legendaries
    Yeah, RNGendary, bad shit, hate how it works. Always wished it was more like a rare stone dropping and you trade it in for the legendary of your choice, that way no one is dissapointed. But with the current legendary it wouldn't have worked, right now a lot of people keep playing to they finally get the legendary they want, and since most of them are total shit, it means people would have been done with legendary farming really fast if we could just pick the ones we want. The long quest line like the cloak of ring was total shit IMO, it was tedious, boring, made no sense, felt like it was free, there was no variety, no flavor, same shit for everyone, also didn't feel legendary cuz everybody got it as a gift. Also it was way too long for nothing on alts.
    I miss the good old time when seeing someone with Sulfuras was actually special, it felt like witnessing something legendary. I believe that in terms of gear progression we could have something far more interesting than Legendaries for everyone, and make legendaries legendary again.

Getting rid of the nuance left in the game great job op.......

Deleted
    So much creativity leading to so many horrible ideas. Although many call it an MMO, it's actually an MMORPG. Role Play Game. Hearthstone, Cooking fire, Anvil are part of that role play. Heck, the pickaxe that you used to need was only removed because people (like you I guess) complained about the inventory space it took. Same with fishing rods that don't need to be equipped any more.

Why do you care how many difficulties the dungeons & raid have? If you can't or don't want to do one of them, then don't do them. But there are people that want to do them, so let them. This generation that was brought up to think that their opinions are the most precious thing in the world really gets on my nerves sometimes.

What you call "gimmicks" and Blizzard calls "features" will stay: A new one will come every expansion. Basically a new selling point. I quite like it that way. Noone forces you to "relive" previous features.

Heck, since they fixed the stupid drop limitations on legendaries, I actually don't even think they are a bad idea any more.

Maybe as a compromise, they could make a version of "wow" for mobile. It is utterly seperate from the real game. In it, theyve removed annoying things like bags, talent trees, items, stats, the game world, other people, and its just a couple buttons to press for instant gratification. Then the people thay want that can go play that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I would really like to see a source for this.
    It was all over MMO-Champ and aside from the active users. When they had statistics showing Warlords of Draenor and Legion is stated to be slightly over that expansion. It's probably on google like population sizes of a country which Norway is 4.8million.

And there's really no need to prove that some of the things that started from Vanilla have a winning formula. The game's still providing another expansion and more content shows that some things work and most likely will use the same things such as 'collect 10 tiger paws'.

Well it is that time again. Fake leaks are comming and we will most likely get an expansion announcement at Gamescom. I mean we probably won't have more than one major content patch after Argus, and the new expansion will need to be beta tested as well.
    Alrighty, then, gonna go through these one by one

I like doing one by one and giving my first thoughts,

Old models

This one is obvious. The game is old. The graphics are old. An engine update is long overdue. But that can't happen in a simple expansion. What can be done is to update all the NPC , gear and monster models that haven't been updated in the recent expansions. You might not think it is a big deal that kids still look like the way they did in Vanilla for example, but it totally is. Also, throw out the cataclysm leveling gear. Ditching all the unique looking equipment in favour of generic stuff that don't fit any racial or class aesthetics was a mistake. Let's take the engine as far as possible.
    This, I 100% disagree with. First, things like models or animations updates should only ever, ever come after everything else has been completely done and dusted. Not a single days worth of resources should be invested into models others.

As for updating monster models from previous expansions, that just a no, I appreciate we still get thousands of new players in, and people leveling alts, but the rate at which we clear those zones just make it not worth it to invest so much time into to update.

Bags

Let's be honest. Bags suck. As far as gear go they are pointless. They don't make our characters look different and they don't give stat bonuses. They just limit our inventory. There is a reason why every MMO uses simply an inventory that is far larger than our backpack and can be extended later for money. We could do the same if the code allows it. To make sure tailors don't lose revenue, let's make bags consumables that increase the inventory size. This would be much simpler than emptying a bag, putting it in the inventory and putting a bigger bag in its place.
    Well, to begin with our backpack is deeply embedded into the codes, that why the default 16 slot hasn't been adjusted.

Isn't it pretty much the same thing as having bags as having consumables to increase one bag space? It just seems a little pointless to me, I'd also be happy to wager if bag space were no longer and issue, prices would go crazily cheap on mats as people wouldn't bother going back for days to deposit or sell.

Hearthstones

Don't get me wrong. Hearthstones are awesome. We get a return spell. Cool. We need that. But do we really need that to occupy a slot in our inventory? Why can't it be an ability? Or an icon on the interface? Sure it is just one slot, but still. There really isn't a reason for it.

I'd like to keep hearthstones for nostalgia reasons to be honest, everything else is has been made simpler, but hearth stones are just one of the foundations of wow I find. But, I was thinking the other day it's starting to get silly having a Hearthstone, Dalarn Hearthstone and a garrison one (not to mention ship yard one for some of us). I'd be all for having a TP ability for our garrisons, but I find having more and more hearthstones is getting silly

Cooking fire

Not much of a hassle, I admit. Just two clicks before you can cook. But still, why? We can mine without mining picks and skin animals without a knife. Hell, we pull mounts out of thin air. Can't we just imagine a cooking fire being present and simply craft?
    Well, I was about to say the same as above, keep fires in, but seriously, we can mine without picks and skin without knifes now? xD in that case yea just remove that

Forge and anvil requirements

Again, this is stupid. The game has no problem letting us hammer things without a hammer, but an imaginary anvil is too much. Either go back to the old system where you need to equip tools be in the right place to level professons, or throw away all these silly requirements.
    Pretty much the same as above, either keep it all in place properly or don't bother.

Flight paths

Yes, quick travel is important. But it isn't really quick, is it? Do we need to see the entire flight? How about we use flight masters as instant travel points?
    New players, and old players going to new servers. I started a few years back on a new server and flight paths are a god send when you've seen the world x many times over and just want to get somewhere, especially if you've already visited it. This is why I like this BoA flight path locations coming in 7.2.5

The current talent system

AKA the only thing I really disliked about MoP. Hey, we threw out the old talent system because there was a "correct way" to allocate talent points and we want to avoid that. Well news flash. That's still a thing. Also we don't get talents at the same intervals. For non hero classes it's mostly every 15 levels with the last comming after 10. But for Death Knights it is a total clusterfuck. 56, 57, 58, 60, 75, 90, 100. Let's try again, shall we? Or if they really don't want correct and incorrect ways, let's just forget about talents.
    It won't happen, but I'd love to see the old talent system put back in place. I loved screwing around with builds, even if it made no sense.

Lets break the next one down a bit;

Classes and specs

A rather complicated issue. First thing first: The Legion class design isn't the best. The specs need rework. Also thanks to order halls and demon hunters, there is not much the devs can do if the want to add things. A new non-hero class? That needs a new order hall with storylines, followers and at least two artifact weapons
    I hadn't thought of this to be honest with you, and it makes sense. However you're overlooking how fast we level through previous content, look at cataclysm, I can level 85-90 in an hour? 2 tops? because of this, once again it's not worth the resources to put in to designing something like you've mentioned above. What I think is a more likely scenario is, any new class will have dalaran as their hub, report to the council directly to start each zone. Pretty much a mission board like in SW / Org. This will start each zone and upon hitting 110, they'll have access straight to the Broken Shore stuff without the hall requirements.

A fourth spec for classes? Druid already has a fourth and demon hunter doesn't even have a third.
    I think I agree with blizzard on this point, we don't need to introduce a fourth spec to classes (third for DH) unless theirs legitimate reason to. Lets work through a few classes:

Warlock - alright lets get the silly idea out of the way that everyone loves, tanking locks, right done. What realistic fourth spec could we add, some sort of fel magic healing spec, drain the enemy to heal the allies (I actually like that, putting copy right on that right there)
    Pally - A ranged light spec?
    Priest - Duel wielding melee light infused spec?
    Warrior - I don't even have a clue to be honest with you, they do everything the lore lets them.
    Monk - Ranged chi dps? kind of doesn't fit

anything I posted above just comes across as adding it for the hell of it. Now a fair few years ago I read up on one of these cheap arse online games. Free to play, full of micro transcations and the likes. It's also one of these carbon copies of wow, or so I thought at the time, when I did a little research, I found out they had a really, really complicated, but fun looking talent system,

Priest

Shadow - Holy - Disc (or something like that). These were the three primary specs. Each one then divided into a further three subclasses,

Shadow
    - Shadow
    - Demon
    - Corruption.

I can't remeber the healing ones as I wasn't interested in them. But the shadow spec was pretty much using shadow magic and physical shadows. Demon was pretty much spawning demons from hell (different to their warlock counter parts, but the warlocks could summon hell demons in one of their sub specs). And corruption was pretty much a support class, corrupting enemies.

Like Vin and TBC however, you could spec into any tree at any point. I really wish I remembered this game. I thought at the time it was to complicated but looking back, DAM

Anyways, I'd rather have something like this (lets face it wont happen with todays talent system) or just new classes tbh. I'm all for trying to ditch the holy trinity and bring in supports

Also, new artifact weapons. Triple spec? No point. We can change specs basically any time we are not in combat. But honestly sometimes I'm not even sure we need some of these specs. Does rogue need three melee DPS specs for example? Why can't one be an evasion and/or parry based tank? Tanking mage with shields and teleport? Why not? I know removing specs would be problematic but sometimes it feels like a class has more specs because it is expected to have more. (Warlock and rogue especially).
    Just re read this part, and decided not to delete my above post regardless, took to much time to type

Weapon requirements for abilities

No, I don't want to decapitate mobs with arrows, but when every warrior skill needs a two handed weapon, but all quest rewards are one handed I start to get irritated. Let's forget about this nonsense and just go with melee weapon, ranged weapon, dual wield and shield.
    While that's a valid point, the issue with doing something like this is, you need to completely alter weapons, some of our abilities are tuned for weapons which are 2h or a certain speed like 2.60 etc. To make the above work you'd need to basically remove the damage off weps and just have them as stat sticks, I don't think anyone really wants that tbh.

Class trainers

You know. All the NPCs that are still present but have absolutely no use. It would be nice to give them class quest that reward core abilities or gear. If not, remove them.
    Not remove them, but lets make them relevant atleast, even if its bonus quests or something to do with future stories.

Epic mounts

Put down the pitchfork. This is not what you think. I'm not saying we should remove the models for them. But at this point there is nothing equip left about them. There was a time when having epic mounts meant something. You could only get them at the level cap, they were expensive and they were faster than the regular mounts. Now you get epic ground mounts at 40 (the level cap is 110), mount speed is dependant on the riding skill, and they are also account bound. They are no longer status symbols. So why do we need normal looking and slightly better looking mount at the same time if they are functionally the same? Why not just keep the epic mount models and have them available at 20? Or give them something extra?
    Not sure where I sit on this one. I like showing off my awesome mounts on new characters, but having 100% speed at 20 would just seem wrong.

Heirlooms

My least favorite thing in wow. I understand why they were implemented. To help alts. But it is mostly used to prance around in low level zones and challenge people to duels. Good for you. You have an indestructible magic item in a gear slot that won't be filled for the next 20 levels if you stick to normal gear. You got it to level up faster so stop wasting time with people that don't provide a challenge when duelled.
    I might be just salty, but still. I'm sure there is a better way to make the game more alt friendly.
    I'm not overly fussed about looms, I level my alts casually when I feel like it, but you can only level through the content so many times before you want it done and dusted, like right now. I've done herald of the titans years ago and a few guildies want to do it, fine, but they are massively underestimating how the difficulty has increased recently (apparently) they also don't know what to roll.... long story short I'm leveling one of each roll to 80 and getting them to 226. I just want to be 80 xD.

Heirlooms in pvp should just be disabled to be honest with you. Let people have the exp bonus but it should be brought down to the avg gear aviable at that level. I've hand a handful of friends who tried wow, semi enjoyed it, looked forward to pvp. Got in, got stomped every game and have now quit.

I quite like one of my own ideas, give everyone who hits 110 a BoA item, which passively awards 10% exp from what ever you do. Doing different max level content awards an extra 10% to it respective to that expansion. The following expansion after being gated, you can do something to unlocked it to bring it up to that expacs max level. Generally the only people who disagree with this are the people who like to stomp them in them, in which case if thats anyone reading this, don't bother replying, you're wrong.

copper and silver coins

A small thing, but I think having gold is more tan enough. Especially since that would avoid eyeroll inducing things like a huge chunk of gold ore being worth five silver coins. Really?
    Tbh, I'm not overly fussed about this one, its probably something that is again ingrained into the coding and takes effort to remove. Also you'd need to go back to each quest and adjust it to either reward a gold piece or not at the lower levels.

Bloodles, limbless, featherless quest mobs

You know these types of quests. Get ten wolf paws. Okay. But only every third wolf has a paw and even they have only one. I know this extends game time and maintains the illusion of content, but it is still super irritating. And Final Fantasy XIV does not do it.
    this, pissess me off so much. MoP and Wod didn't have this shit, then they re introduced it for legion, it doesn't happen often but it does happen

Quest lines that should be one quest in reality

The typical: we have tons of new quests lie. Well that's cool. Provided there aren't quests like: go talk to this guy right next to me. The flight path introduction quest goes like this. 1. go to the flight master. 2. fly to the capital and talk to the merchant. 3. go to the capital flight master. 4. talk to the original quest giver. Four quests that should be one.
    Tbh, most quests like this are introductory ones for new players to teach them the basic functions, I don't see an issue with that. its just a pain in the arse on alts, then again, on alts I dont bother with ones like this

Dungeon and raid difficulties

Pitchfork time, I know. But seriously. Do we need four difficulties for dungeons and raids? Nah. That's just the illusion of having more content, when in fact we don't. Having normal and mythic + is more than enough for one dungeon. When Final Fantasy XIV does a hard mode of a dungeon it is continues the story of the regular one and uses a different layout, with new bosses. Like old and new deadmines. Also, ditch LFR ASAP. I am perfectly fine with raiding being too difficult for me. No need to dumb it down to a level where you can kill Archimonde at level 100 without paying attention to what you are doing. Raids aren't meant to be facerolled.
    LFR is going no where, I'm happy with this, however I do think heroics should say drop 825, LFR should then drop 835s with no titanforge chances.

Mind you, I want to go back to TBC style, set raid sizes and progressive difficulty.

A no brainer really. Garrisons are only used between 90 and 100. We already know that artifact weapons won't stick around after 110. I know nothing can be done retroactively, but I really really really hope that the next expansion won't bring a new system that is only used for 10 levels out of 120.
    I don't mind garrisons sticking around and I wouldn't mind having to revisit them at 120 for bonus quests like "you've received an urgent plea for assistant, remnants of gul dan forces have launched an attack on your garrison in an attempt to get a new foot hold on draenor!"

I'm actually slowly building the garrison on my DH and rather enjoy it.

Random drop legendaries[/B]

Nope. Bad idea. Nothing legendary about them now. Let's go back to insanely long difficult questlines.
    I'd like a hybrid of the current system and old.

Let's have specific targeted legendaries, that require x amount of rng, a quest line and a normal or heroic kill from the current end game boss. As long as we can keep this diversity og legendaries here I'd be happy