Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Ammo wasn't removed until Cata, and GC wasn't involved until Wrath beta, so yes, I'm pretty confident you did imagine all that.
    lol...knew something was off when i read that...but i couldnt put me fingers on it...

ahhh ammo....pull #46 of the night on heroic LK (mythic to you kids these days)....and getting yelled at by the raid leader because i started making ammo in phrase 3......

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Thunderfury should be in the Hunter hall too! I mean, some hunters had it as well! lol.
    Along those lines, every weapon should be in there. Hunter weapon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Along those lines, every weapon should be in there. Hunter weapon, right?
    That's already covered in the class hall in a conversation.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

That's already covered in the class hall in a conversation.
    Ah, must have missed that. Barely played my hunter this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    and getting yelled at by the raid leader because i started making ammo in phrase 3......
    Good 'ol Times ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    actually the first bows...went to rogues....
    Shhh, you'll upset the people who pretend they were there.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thor was a pretty good damage increase because spells did not take ammo damage into account, and the damage of thor was equal to the damage golden bow did WITH the best ammo
    Pick one. Hint, the second bolded part is correct. At least remain consistent as you try to dogpile.

GC wasn't involved until Wrath beta
    That explains him discussing in detail the internal design process for Sunwell. I already said I misremembered the ammo removal. Only on the internet could someone take that and claim it disproves everything.

Thanks all for the reminder why I rarely visit reddit, er, mmo-c. God, I miss the glory days of the EJ forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Ah, the bow that required no quiver and spared you a bag's slot. That is as legendary as it gets.
    Pretty fucking much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

Pick one. Hint, the second bolded part is correct. At least remain consistent as you try to dogpile.

Why just one? both are correct. It's a damage increase because the base damage is higher, and it didn't have less DPS than goldenbow+ammo as far as I remember.

So yeah, equal DPS but higher skill damage. That's what he was saying. Both statments are correct.

Thanks all for the reminder why I rarely visit reddit, er, mmo-c. God, I miss the glory days of the EJ forums.
    Nah, you don't miss them, you are just remembering them wrong, just like the "lulz no dps upgrade legendary" bs.
    It's quite amusing that an elitist like you ends up being so wrong, especially after your "..speaking of people who weren't there.." idiocy.

It's alright, just show some restraint and let it pass.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-19 at 04:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Shhh, you'll upset the people who pretend they were there.

That explains him discussing in detail the internal design process for Sunwell. I already said I misremembered the ammo removal. Only on the internet could someone take that and claim it disproves everything.

Pretty fucking much.
    here is where you need to stfu

"thor was a pretty good damage increase because spells did not take ammo damage into account, and the damage of thor was equal to the damage golden bow did WITH the best ammo"

thor did equal damage to the golden bow with the best ammo
    but ammo damage was not added to spells, making thoridal do much more damage, because spells did not use ammo
    so the golden bow would do less damage during spells

please stfu and stop trying to disregard facts for your own ego
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

here is where you need to stfu

"thor was a pretty good damage increase because spells did not take ammo damage into account, and the damage of thor was equal to the damage golden bow did WITH the best ammo"

thor did equal damage to the golden bow with the best ammo
    but ammo damage was not added to spells, making thoridal do much more damage, because spells did not use ammo
    so the golden bow would do less damage during spells

please stfu and stop trying to disregard facts for your own ego
    It was still a weaksauce leggo. Boring effect and meaningless. Waited forever for a real hunter leggo. Had to switch to Rogue to get one. Yeah I'm still salty about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    It was still a weaksauce leggo. Boring effect and meaningless. Waited forever for a real hunter leggo. Had to switch to Rogue to get one. Yeah I'm still salty about that.
    it was very good

it was very good
    for rogues.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    for rogues.....
    nope, it was the BIS hunter bow, did you not just read our whole conversation, it baseline had the same damage as golden bow WITH ammo, but ammo damage was not counted in spells so this was better

from back in patch 2.4.2, on the wowhead comments

"Finally, hunters get a legendary, and it's quite the legendary weapon indeed, the lore hasn't been released, so I'm just going to swoon over it's stats.

It's a 2.7 speed bow, which is an amazing speed for BM hunters using a 1:1 shot rotation, with some room to add a bit of haste and of course, improved Aspect of the Hawk. The additional stats are AMAZING, the agility, attack power, crit rating and armor ignore are incredible.

The biggest thing that makes this bow revolutionary is the fact it doesn't use ammo. Alot of people (obviously not theory-crafters), have asserted that the loss of 53dps ammo makes it a little less incredible. They are completely wrong. Steady shot damage is unaffected by ammunition, thereby not gaining the 53 dps boost auto-shot gained. While it was speculated Blizzard might change the formula to include ammunition to the damage somehow, this bow clearly predates that possible change. This bow will make steadyshot the grand majority of a hunter's DPS, and with bonuses from the T6 4-set bonus, where steadyshot damage is increased by 10%, this bow is going to make a huge difference. This bow is clearly above the rest, if you were to take any other bow and add 53 dps and remove the ammo requirement, it would have an incredible DPS boost already, but this bow does it with clearly superior stats. It basically adds 53 dps to steady shot damage on an incredibly buff bow. I expect to see hunter's DPS above Warlocks and Rogues regularly with this bow.

That this bow frees up a bag slot is the absolute smallest of it's advantages. I cannot say enough good things about this bow. It is simply incredible.
    Thank you Blizzard. <3"

it was very good
    No, it wasn't. When it was first discovered, there was huge uproar in the Hunter community because of how mediocre it was. Not to mention the fact that it dropped from the very last boss of the entire expansion, meaning that IF you got it, you had the entire game on farm at that point, so it had no value for progression. And then there's the fact that it had no lore whatsoever.

Anyway, as for damage, it did take the community a while to do all the math and figure out that it did have some merit for DPS. The first one that dropped famously went to a Rogue as a result of this. And there was a good while that Hunters considered Golden Bow to be the superior weapon for damage. Prevailing wisdom was that the legendary was strictly an extra bag slot (since no quiver was needed) and a money-saver due to ammo. At the end of the day, the damage improvements that were finally noticed were still extremely marginal. Compared to the legendaries that had existed up to that point that were ALL game-changing in how good they were, the legendary bow was a HUGE swing-and-a-miss from Blizzard.

A loreless weapon at the very end of an expansion that was such a small upgrade it took months for theorycrafters to figure it out. In other words, it was utter crap, and still makes Hunters who were around at the time salty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    No, it wasn't. When it was first discovered, there was huge uproar in the Hunter community because of how mediocre it was. Not to mention the fact that it dropped from the very last boss of the entire expansion, meaning that IF you got it, you had the entire game on farm at that point, so it had no value for progression. And then there's the fact that it had no lore whatsoever.

Anyway, as for damage, it did take the community a while to do all the math and figure out that it did have some merit for DPS. The first one that dropped famously went to a Rogue as a result of this. And there was a good while that Hunters considered Golden Bow to be the superior weapon for damage. Prevailing wisdom was that the legendary was strictly an extra bag slot (since no quiver was needed) and a money-saver due to ammo. At the end of the day, the damage improvements that were finally noticed were still extremely marginal. Compared to the legendaries that had existed up to that point that were ALL game-changing in how good they were, the legendary bow was a HUGE swing-and-a-miss from Blizzard.

A loreless weapon at the very end of an expansion that was such a small upgrade it took months for theorycrafters to figure it out. In other words, it was utter crap, and still makes Hunters who were around at the time salty.
    as you just addmitted

it was still better (by a good amount, not "alittle")
    freed up a whole bag slot
    freed up tons of gold by not needing arrows
    and omfg you needed to beat the final boss, like every fucking legendary ever, get ahold of yourself

thunderfury, heart of rag
    sulfuras, eye of sulufuras
    aetish from cthun and kelthuzad
    warglaives from illidan
    valnyr from yog
    shadowmourne actually didnt but by the time you got it you bassicly did...
    dragonwrath rag
    twins of the father deathwing
    so on so forth

did you not just read our whole conversation
    i read it and ignored all the jargon...the fact is the first drops of this bow went to rogues.

nope, it was the BIS hunter bow, did you not just read our whole conversation, it baseline had the same damage as golden bow WITH ammo, but ammo damage was not counted in spells so this was better

from back in patch 2.4.2, on the wowhead comments

"Finally, hunters get a legendary, and it's quite the legendary weapon indeed, the lore hasn't been released, so I'm just going to swoon over it's stats.

It's a 2.7 speed bow, which is an amazing speed for BM hunters using a 1:1 shot rotation, with some room to add a bit of haste and of course, improved Aspect of the Hawk. The additional stats are AMAZING, the agility, attack power, crit rating and armor ignore are incredible.

The biggest thing that makes this bow revolutionary is the fact it doesn't use ammo. Alot of people (obviously not theory-crafters), have asserted that the loss of 53dps ammo makes it a little less incredible. They are completely wrong. Steady shot damage is unaffected by ammunition, thereby not gaining the 53 dps boost auto-shot gained. While it was speculated Blizzard might change the formula to include ammunition to the damage somehow, this bow clearly predates that possible change. This bow will make steadyshot the grand majority of a hunter's DPS, and with bonuses from the T6 4-set bonus, where steadyshot damage is increased by 10%, this bow is going to make a huge difference. This bow is clearly above the rest, if you were to take any other bow and add 53 dps and remove the ammo requirement, it would have an incredible DPS boost already, but this bow does it with clearly superior stats. It basically adds 53 dps to steady shot damage on an incredibly buff bow. I expect to see hunter's DPS above Warlocks and Rogues regularly with this bow.

That this bow frees up a bag slot is the absolute smallest of it's advantages. I cannot say enough good things about this bow. It is simply incredible.
    Thank you Blizzard. <3"
    It was not bis.

Simple as that.

I dont know why you can't just accept that.

Stop copy pasting things from wowhead and wowpedia.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It was not bis.

Simple as that.

I dont know why you can't just accept that.

Stop copy pasting things from wowhead and wowpedia.
    except it was, look up the math, look up the history, it was (This picture is from the golden bow comments)

again i have hard evidence of it, from back in the fucking day people comparing it, and yall are like 'nuh uh they stupid"

from thoridall comments

i am showing hard evidence, facts, and statements from people back when it was coming out
    all you have is "HUR DUR CAUSE I SAY SO"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-05-23 at 01:11 PM.

It would be awesome if there were non-hunter weapons all over the wall too, like Staff of Jordan and Ashkandi. Everything is a hunter weapon!
    Beta Club Brosquad

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It would be awesome if there were non-hunter weapons all over the wall too, like Staff of Jordan and Ashkandi. Everything is a hunter weapon!
    lol that would have been amazing

except it was, look up the math, look up the history, it was

and it still went to rogues.....