Deleted

G500 mouse replacement

Hello everybody,

My (really) old mouse is starting to die, close to 10 years after purchase. I would have purchased the exact same model if that was possible but problem is that the mouse is obviously not available anymore.

After a bit of research, the usual replacement given is the g502, but it really doesn't look the same on paper.

I'm looking for a mouse with:
    - 2 buttons under the index (on the left of the wheel)
    - 3 buttons under the thumb (next, previous and extra)
    - the same endless rolling system that on the G500 (you can lock/unlock it with a button just behing the wheel itself)

The weight system is not essential but why not. A really similar shape is though, since it's perfect to my hand size.

Does anybody have an opinion on the G502 or any suggestion ? Thanks, have a good day

Im sure you could still find ALOT of bnew g500s sold online. g500s was new 2 1/2 years ago and looks exactly like g500.

g500s is pretty much the exact same, if you want the next best thing that is not a g500, get a g500s

10+ Year Old Account
    The G502 has what you listed.
    You can bind all the buttons via the software, two buttons on the left of your left-click for your index, 3 on the side for your thumb. One endless-scroll-lock button and a 3-click DPI/profile change button. My only personal downside is that one thumb button is a bit too far away for me to click without stretching due to having small hands.

Other than that, it's my go-to mouse for anything that doesn't require the multiple buttons on my Naga.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Im sure you could still find ALOT of bnew g500s sold online. g500s was new 2 1/2 years ago and looks exactly like g500.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    g500s is pretty much the exact same, if you want the next best thing that is not a g500, get a g500s
    Yeah I somehow totally missed that Logitech released this model while searching, that's definitely what I'm looking for. Thanks guys !

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    What do you mean the G500 is not available?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Gotta admit my research stopped a bit before chinese resellers, but that should work. I'll keep in mind if I really want an exact same replacement, thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    The G502 has what you listed.
    You can bind all the buttons via the software, two buttons on the left of your left-click for your index, 3 on the side for your thumb. One endless-scroll-lock button and a 3-click DPI/profile change button. My only personal downside is that one thumb button is a bit too far away for me to click without stretching due to having small hands.

Other than that, it's my go-to mouse for anything that doesn't require the multiple buttons on my Naga.
    Yeah I was really concerned about the one thumb button on the g502 while looking at the pictures, since I use it a lot (that's my voice activation button) I'm pretty sure that would be a big problem. Well I'm also convinced I could get used to any new mouse really, but it's a bit frightening because I've been using the current one for soooo long lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    Gotta admit my research stopped a bit before chinese resellers, but that should work. I'll keep in mind if I really want an exact same replacement, thanks !
    I hope those don't disappear too fast. I would pick up a couple right now if I could, because I have the same mouse and I love it. I know I could get used to something else as well, but do I really want to? I just can't afford it right now though. I need a new keyboard first really, as I am using a spare dell that came with some cheap $200 system we bought 5 years ago since my friend spilled a drink on mine and killed it a while back. However, had a leak in an upstairs bathroom and my whole kitchen ceiling needs to be replaced now. That's a little more important than PC peripherals. What really sucks, is that it happened right after we bought non-refundable tickets for my wife to go visit a friend of hers in WA. Otherwise, I might have just bought all 5 instead of telling you about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    Yeah I was really concerned about the one thumb button on the g502 while looking at the pictures, since I use it a lot (that's my voice activation button) I'm pretty sure that would be a big problem. Well I'm also convinced I could get used to any new mouse really, but it's a bit frightening because I've been using the current one for soooo long lol.
    It might work for you tho. Besides having small hands I favour holding my mouse with just my fingertips, without resting the palm on the actual mouse (well a bit maybe, and it's 'action dependant').
    You might be able to use it just fine if you hold the mouse in the palm of your hand. Maybe you have a store to try that before purchasing.

And I know the feeling, I had a Logitech MX1000 for almost a decade before it died, I had quite a quest finding a suitable replacement and also considered buying another MX1000 from some Asian website :P I think I ended up with a Razer Deathadder back then. Nowadays I only use the G502 and a Razer Naga.