Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    It was all over MMO-Champ and aside from the active users. When they had statistics showing Warlords of Draenor and Legion is stated to be slightly over that expansion. It's probably on google like population sizes of a country which Norway is 4.8million.

And there's really no need to prove that some of the things that started from Vanilla have a winning formula. The game's still providing another expansion and more content shows that some things work and most likely will use the same things such as 'collect 10 tiger paws'.
    Yes, but I highly doubt that WoW works because class trainers are useless. That is a recent development after all. And I doubt the game woud be ruined if quest items dropped at a believable rate. But maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Yes, but I highly doubt that WoW works because class trainers are useless. That is a recent development after all. And I doubt the game woud be ruined if quest items dropped at a believable rate. But maybe that's just me.
    If you compare the older quests say in Winterspring that hasn't been touched since Vanilla, I agree they are horrid but the current quests are much better, you can kill 5 mobs or less to get 10 compared to back then when 50% the Frostsaber's didn't drop crap.

The Class Trainers in Broken Shores Dalaran is probably more a tip of a hat to the old Dalaran. Both are familiar and if you notice it's really just to add flavour like most of the NPC's in Dalaran in both era's, you didn't really visit the cloth shop if you was a Shaman so you never saw those NPC's nor needed that building.

Any game has those useless NPC's, Skyrim is an example of where some of your distastes apply and in all fairness, they add to the game it's just you don't spend years in Skyrim to get fed up as you can with WoW.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-05-19 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No to literally everything you said.

/10charsforthechargod

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Everything introduced in legion except Demon Hunters and the new PvP system.

Pretty much all of this is either silly or a waste of resources. Thank god you don't work for Blizzard.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree only on one thing WoW does indeed need a better Much needed engine but then again blizzard most likely feels that if they do so people will have to spend more money for a better computer and who wants to spend thousands of dollars on a high end computer when wow can run on just about any operating system lol and besides... 60 fps is all you need on a game anyways that's what we had during the olden days and that was good enough but hey if they decide to better than game and improve the engine sure ill go out of the ways to get a better high end computer if need be would't bother me much at all but other people and gamers i can't so much say so for.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

People like OP is why WoW is shit now.
    Yeah, lets kill every RPG element of the game for the sake of convenience.
    Terrible ideas OP.

Only thing they need to leave behind in next expac is Artifact weapons and legendaries. Titanforging might not be the best, but it give you a reason to keep playing.

I do however want the old talent system back. More freedom. Current give hardly any customization and its way to easy to find a cookie cutter and go with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Id remove the whistle and all these extra hearthstones. Too much instatravel is bad.
    Because spending 50% of gametime just traveling is so much fun. Might as well get rid of flying entirely too.

ITT: Person who doesn't understand fantasy.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Secondary Stats. Wtf are they needed for. They overcomplicate gearing drastically, nonsense like simcraft, breakpoints etc. would become obsolete. You know for sure what is an upgrade (in 95+ % it should be only ilvl) right when you get the item. Specs would always play and fell the same, stuff like "you need X Haste to make the spec feel fluid or fun" would be gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Stuff
    Sorry I don't quote it, but I don't want it to take another page. I just want to thank you for the in depth analysis.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing in hard need of removal is the current legendary system. They need to take another try at this and i think most people would to see it go

But overall, Legion have been a succes when it comes to systems and features. It is more about the fine tuning and overall lack of new things, that have been the problem. Also the story and the lack of a cohesive narritiv has been a problem, but hopefully they will start from a new point with 8.0
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    There's already multiple toys that do it, and at least 2 of them aren't TCG(and everybody should have one of those, the Tome of Town Portal from the Diablo anniversary, the other being the Innkeeper's Daughter from dwarf archaeology)
    I have the Town Portal and Innkeeper's Daughter as well, but to be honest those did not spring to mind immediately.
    Still I think given how others with the same actual functionality have already been added, then to me it makes sense for the normal hearthstone to follow.
    As well as introducing players very early on to the collections.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Only thing they need to leave behind in next expac is Artifact weapons and legendaries. Titanforging might not be the best, but it give you a reason to keep playing.

I do however want the old talent system back. More freedom. Current give hardly any customization and its way to easy to find a cookie cutter and go with it.
    It wasn't more freedom, but less.
    How many points did you have to spend just to allow you to reach certain talents.
    How many talents did you then have points to adjust after that build.
    There wasn't the variety that is claimed, just more remembered than was actually desirable or competitive.
    It is easy to say there were normal and hybrid builds, but if one was simply better then only that got used by anyone who knew that.

Now there is still the issue of simply "better choices", but the framework itself is much improved, in that there is actual adjustment without the need for prerequisites and significant locking out of choices further down the line because of the early ones.
    Any single talent was in effect taking out of those huge number of points any it required to be a sufficient rank, plus any required in the pre-requisite talent, and even to reach the right tier of talents.
    The number of points was an illusion of choice, given how little of them were actually free to be spent after a given goal was reached.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-19 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

This guy doesn't want any mmo in his mmo. Is club penguin still I thing? Maybe you should try that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

It wasn't more freedom, but less.
    How many points did you have to spend just to allow you to reach certain talents.
    How many talents did you then have points to adjust after that build.
    There wasn't the variety that is claimed, just more remembered than was actually desirable or competitive.
    It is easy to say there were normal and hybrid builds, but if one was simply better then only that got used by anyone who knew that.

Now there is still the issue of simply "better choices", but the framework itself is much improved, in that there is actual adjustment without the need for prerequisites and significant locking out of choices further down the line because of the early ones.
    Any single talent was in effect taking out of those huge number of points any it required to be a sufficient rank, plus any required in the pre-requisite talent, and even to reach the right tier of talents.
    The number of points was an illusion of choice, given how little of them were actually free to be spent after a given goal was reached.
    Fair enough. But I'd still rather redo the current talents to give players talent points at a set interval. 5/10/25. Doesn't matter. Just pick one and stick with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well it is that time again.
    No it's not

Deleted
    Too many grinds and time gating should be left behind. Well, and the need to play in groups.

Use one of the hearth stone toys and ditch the stone. Bind the toy to something problem solved. The campfire double click cand be solved with an @ cursor macro too. Many of the things being talked about in this thread have fixes or alternate ways to do them, people are just ignoring them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Too many grinds and time gating should be left behind. Well, and the need to play in groups.
    Remove the need for groups, perfect just what every MMO needs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Remove the need for groups, perfect just what every MMO needs.
    Modern MMORPGs just have grouping up as option.