Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    that's what I want to know, I'm usually mercy and we just lose last minute because for whatever reason the team chokes. Roadhog literally walks in to 1 vs 6 for no reason or nobody wants to go soilder or mccree to deal with the pharah OR THE TEAM WONT GROUP UP AND IS LIKE HEAAAALLZZZ
    It's seeming to be especially bad right now. I think I did exceptionally last night, and I try to be critical of myself, but still lost 150SR over 8 games of play. Had two games as Zenyatta I had 5 gold medals for my team. Made me sad
    and then he cupped my balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    It's seeming to be especially bad right now. I think I did exceptionally last night, and I try to be critical of myself, but still lost 150SR over 8 games of play. Had two games as Zenyatta I had 5 gold medals for my team. Made me sad
    or people go triple dps and the opposing team just goes Mei and murders us all. Tracer, soilder and Mccree gets instant locked 75% of the time and we usually end up with 1 healer or 1 tank.

Diamond rank is cancer.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Just started playing again after a pretty long break - been playing loads of Battlefield 1, getting used to some of the hit scan heroes again but I mostly play Tracer and Soldier. I last played competitive in the inaugural season and was rank 59. Just done my placement and a few games and currently 2359.

The standard seems to have gotten a lot better.

But - and I know my opinion on this is controversial - I still think the match making and ranking system is utter shit. I do not think my personal ranking and rating should be affected by other players on my team who I was selected to be with and will likely never see again. A leaver should not affect MY ranking, because I did nothing wrong.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

But - and I know my opinion on this is controversial - I still think the match making and ranking system is utter shit. I do not think my personal ranking and rating should be affected by other players on my team who I was selected to be with and will likely never see again. A leaver should not affect MY ranking, because I did nothing wrong.
    Everything about this game is based around working as a team. Why should your ranking be any different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Everything about this game is based around working as a team. Why should your ranking be any different?
    Because you get a random team and sometimes with random, you get win streaks and lose streaks. Lose streaks feel like shit, and you're not guaranteed a win streak to bring you back right away after one.

You win 10 matches in a row, and gain 300 SR without demonstrating any improvement in skill, same if you lose 300 without getting objectively a worse player. Yet, in a "normal" rotation of win then lose then win then lose for 20 matches your SR doesn't actually move.

It just leads to a lot of wild swinging that fucks up the MMR.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-05-19 at 06:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Because you get a random team and sometimes with random, you get win streaks and lose streaks. Lose streaks feel like shit, and you're not guaranteed a win streak to bring you back right away after one.
    Yes, but you personally could have the same win/loss streaks. Except then you can't blame your team.

If everyone's SR is based on the same system, and everyone has the same chance at win / loss streaks, what's the difference?

The game isn't about your performance, it's about your teams. Your SR places you with people of comparable skill who have all had the same ups and downs as you. This isn't a game where you are going to carry the 5 people with you like you can in other team games. You might be able to help compensate for someone having a bad match, but you aren't going to solo the match.

I'm not claiming its a perfect system and neither is Blizzard. I have yet to see anyone who complains about it come up with something better though.

Just started playing again after a pretty long break - been playing loads of Battlefield 1, getting used to some of the hit scan heroes again but I mostly play Tracer and Soldier. I last played competitive in the inaugural season and was rank 59. Just done my placement and a few games and currently 2359.

The standard seems to have gotten a lot better.

Then stop using random group finder buttons. They do what they are designed to do, if you can't find a group of people you know or cAnt be bothered to try to find one it will find you a random group of random people with random skill and random behavior which includes shitty ones. It isn't a best if the best button, you roll the dice every time you use it and sometimes you roll craps. It isn't a best of the best button.

You can be in complete control of who is on your team, somewhat in control by having a friend or 4 in group or you can leave it up to a random button to do it for you but don't blame the random button for doing what it is designed to do.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-05-19 at 07:20 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

because how you're matched and match making is based on you and your MMR. The fundamentals of a team start with the individuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Then stop using random group finder buttons. They do what they are designed to do, if you can't find a group of people you know or cAnt be bothered to try to find one it will find you a random group of random people with random skill and random behavior which includes shitty ones. It isn't a best if the best button, you roll the dice every time you use it and sometimes you roll craps. It isn't a best of the best button.

You can be in complete control of who is on your team, somewhat in control by having a friend or 4 in group or you can leave it up to a random button to do it for you but don't blame the random button for doing what it is designed to do.
    And my point is from the ground up, the random group finder/matcher system is fundamentally flawed. You can be in complete control, but the game ultimately favours premades and punishes solo players.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

10+ Year Old Account
    I just kept playing, and I just kept winning. Got about 200SR back that I'd lost last weekend before finally losing, even then only after a couple of Russians threw because one guy DC'd; although he did come back.

Even got my first Sextuple Kill!

http://plays.tv/video/591f7251d18efd...sextuple-kill-

They didn't even manage to recover from that, so we won very soon after. The first round I'd saved with Orisa's Fortify too, killing Reinhardt after he'd ulted and saved a few lives so we could hold out just that little longer. Tonight has been a good one.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-05-19 at 10:38 PM.

because how you're matched and match making is based on you and your MMR. The fundamentals of a team start with the individuals.

- - - Updated - - -

And my point is from the ground up, the random group finder/matcher system is fundamentally flawed. You can be in complete control, but the game ultimately favours premades and punishes solo players.
    Like I said, you are in complete control of who you play with if you chose to, if you chose not to then you chose to roll the dice in every game. That is on you, not Blizzard. It's time to take responsibility for yourself and stop blaming others. I play solo, and I get bad teams but I know that WHEN I hit that random group button I am chosing to get what I get and I don't cry about it.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but you personally could have the same win/loss streaks. Except then you can't blame your team.

If everyone's SR is based on the same system, and everyone has the same chance at win / loss streaks, what's the difference?

The game isn't about your performance, it's about your teams. Your SR places you with people of comparable skill who have all had the same ups and downs as you. This isn't a game where you are going to carry the 5 people with you like you can in other team games. You might be able to help compensate for someone having a bad match, but you aren't going to solo the match.

I'm not claiming its a perfect system and neither is Blizzard. I have yet to see anyone who complains about it come up with something better though.
    Over the longer term, it shouldn't make much difference; but in the short term you have a mess of an MMR system which, through dumb luck of flipping the coin, you can be matching people who should be in Silver who are on a lucky roll and found themselves in high Gold, against someone who should be in Diamond who's on a bad streak and dipped to low Plat. And it's exactly this that causes the massive churn that occurs in the Gold/Plat levels and actively slows the system in sorting its own shit out.

As the guy above keeps saying, as long as you're putting random players together, you're introducing a massive element of dumb luck to the system.

- - - Updated - - -

How is OW on XBox? My brother's suggested I get one, and I'm thinking of getting him OW for his for his birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Over the longer term, it shouldn't make much difference; but in the short term you have a mess of an MMR system which, through dumb luck of flipping the coin, you can be matching people who should be in Silver who are on a lucky roll and found themselves in high Gold, against someone who should be in Diamond who's on a bad streak and dipped to low Plat. And it's exactly this that causes the massive churn that occurs in the Gold/Plat levels and actively slows the system in sorting its own shit out.

As the guy above keeps saying, as long as you're putting random players together, you're introducing a massive element of dumb luck to the system.

- - - Updated - - -

How is OW on XBox? My brother's suggested I get one, and I'm thinking of getting him OW for his for his birthday.
    You'll get a 1000 times the hate for picking Widowmaker on console if threads online are anything to go by.

7+ Year Old Account
    several wins and got up to 2476.

then i got a team with a hanzo screaming i need healing half across the map, dying and blaming it on me (played mercy).
    got down to 2455.
    (also, this match almost threw me into depression because the enemy team managed to wreck us, my ress was up, i just killed their winston and flew in for the ress, then BAM! dead, got killed by their torbs turret.... that was so frustrating. i was so close getting a penta ress.)

then another awesome win, back up to 2477.
    match after got paired against 3 2650-2950 diamonds for some reason, while my team had a gold playing reinhardt with horrific positioning and game sense.
    down to 2457.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-05-20 at 04:26 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    After a good day yesterday, been blighted with leavers and throwers. One game we somehow got a tie breaker round, in spite of Mei's best efforts to troll us. I pointed out Pharah will wreck our Comp, I'm told they haven't been using Pharah. They win, their Pharah ends the match with a 52% kill participation card. Are people really that blind, stupid, unaware of what's going on? I'd already lost my shit because of Mei, but that took it to a new level.

Wish people wouldn't play Mei, Symm or Junk, any of those three and it's a waste. They're half heroes, there's too much they simply cannot do. All three of them need close quarters but can't get it if their team is grouped.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Like I said, you are in complete control of who you play with if you chose to, if you chose not to then you chose to roll the dice in every game. That is on you, not Blizzard. It's time to take responsibility for yourself and stop blaming others. I play solo, and I get bad teams but I know that WHEN I hit that random group button I am chosing to get what I get and I don't cry about it.
    Stop sucking blizzards dick and justifying their poor system. It's flawed. I could design a better system.

Infracted
    Last edited by xChurch; 2017-05-20 at 08:18 PM.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Stop sucking blizzards dick and justifying their poor system. It's flawed. I could design a better system.

Infracted
    Arrogance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also worth mentioning, Pharah can also counter a Widow, it all comes down to who sees who first, which I would argue Pharah has the easier job doing since her launch is on a shorter CD than Widow's hook, so she can move around more easily than the Widow can (who also sacrifices her movement to snipe)
    Good point Morgana.

Infracted
    I'm doing nothing of the kind, you are just incapable of taking responsibility for your own choices. I don't have that problem.

As for designing the better system then you should let Blizzard know and get it fixed or quit talking out the wrong orifice.

maybe I should switch to DPS from being a tank main?

I changed my video settings, render scale, sensitivity, and even my reticle and completely changed my playstyle with genji and s76. I am enjoying them immensely and winning more than losing in QP. if I can keep this consistently, i'll start using them in comp.

maybe next season.

Deleted

Infracted
    I have a feeling you'd have trouble designing a simple health bar, not to mention a complete MM system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also worth mentioning, Pharah can also counter a Widow, it all comes down to who sees who first, which I would argue Pharah has the easier job doing since her launch is on a shorter CD than Widow's hook, so she can move around more easily than the Widow can (who also sacrifices her movement to snipe)
    Yes, a Pharah can counter a Widow if Pharah gets the jump on her from close to mid range. Other than that, no, Pharah does not counter Widow, but exactly the opposite.