Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Random forum goers.
    Perhaps I should rephrase that, since I didn't make myself clear enough for our ESL speakers. I can see how it could be misconstrued.
    Which ones do the have the "sick obsession" with, the police, the office of the PotUS or just authority figures in general?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Which is basically anything that happens to scare someone for whatever reason. Most people don't even know what a real bomb looks like.
    We literally have the police telling us to call in and report anything that seems "suspicious". This kid's clock seemed suspicious.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    how would feel if a student was walking into class with an unloaded rifle?
    Can I tell it's unloaded just by looking at it?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Perhaps I should rephrase that, since I didn't make myself clear enough for our ESL speakers. I can see how it could be misconstrued.
    Which ones do the have the "sick obsession" with, the police, the office of the PotUS or just authority figures in general?
    Uh? What now?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Hey, everyone look at the triggered "conservatives" thinking this fits their racist agendas when really it doesn't.
    Once again someone on the left is trying to marginalize viewpoints they don't agree with. This is a classic leftist tactic to bully someone and put them on the defensive by calling them racists. I am only interested in the facts and using logic and reason to analyze the situation.

In this situation the teacher thought it was a bomb based on it looking like a bomb and took appropriate action.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Can I tell it's unloaded just by looking at it?
    No, you can't. How can you tell this is not a bomb right away. Mind you, the teacher may not be a bomb expert.

10+ Year Old Account
    We literally have the police telling us to call in and report anything that seems "suspicious". This kid's clock seemed suspicious.
    Because he looked like he might be related to a terrorist. If it was a little blonde boy with braces showing off his homemade clock it's unlikely anything would have happened.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Once me and my friend decided to make a fun (as we thought) practical joke.

We were like 13-ish at the time.
    We took two small plastic bags, filled them with washing machine powder and headed towards our local police station.
    When the police car was driving buy we threw the bags on the ground and started running away.

That day I learned a few valuable lessons:

1. Cops run rather fast.
    2. Cops don't really like jokes, or rather they do, but they have a very specific sence of humor.
    3. Being beaten by a police baton fucking hurts.

So some jokes are just stupid to make.
    Suing people after you get punihsed for your bad joke is even more stupid.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, you can't. How can you tell this is not a bomb right away. Mind you, the teacher may not be a bomb expert.
    Well considering he was showing off the fact that it was clock. The case was clearly open. I could very easily see that a circuit board and LCD display is not a bomb. Because I'm not a moron. You don't need to be a bomb expert to know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Once me and my friend decided to make a fun (as we thought) practical joke.

We were like 13-ish at the time.
    We took two small plastic bags, filled them with washing machine powder and headed towards our local police station.
    When the police car was driving buy we threw the bags on the ground and started running away.

That day I learned a few valuable lessons:

1. Cops run rather fast.
    2. Cops don't really like jokes, or rather they do, but they have a very specific sence of humor.
    3. Being beaten by a police baton fucking hurts.

Indeed it is. It is best to learn from your mistake and share your experience with others so they do not make the same mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Amateur clock-building done by kids is now a bad joke, you heard it here first.

He was literally showing off his clock as a clock he had made. He wasn't pretending it was a bomb like you were pretending you had baggies of coke.

It's a wonder you guys can have science fairs at all anymore.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

People still discuss this? The day this happened there are multiple reports of Ahmed actually insinuating it was a bomb. He was asked directly by police if it was a bomb or not and he didn't answer, that's why they put him in cuffs.

Fuck this kid, his family, and anyone who apologizes for him, he is the Muslim Michael Brown.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You sure have an active imagination.
    Nope, just my observations based on your comments. I look at a person as a person and judge them on their actions. You aren't doing that at all. You've labeled clockboy as an oppressed minority subject to discrimination. The kid brought something to school that looked to the teacher like a bomb. She took appropriate action.

Nice try with the deflection to my personal attributes instead of arguing your position with facts and logic.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering he was showing off the fact that it was clock. The case was clearly open. I could very easily see that a circuit board and LCD display is not a bomb. Because I'm not a moron. You don't need to be a bomb expert to know that.
    If I saw a case like that, closed with a timer on the front, he wouldn't even have had the chance to open it. The fact that the teacher let it go that far was a mistake on their part. Had the bomb been real, moments are important.

His sister was suspended for saying she wanted to blow up the school
    his father is a "Islamophobe" pusher
    he lied about building the clock (its just a disassembled clock,) and rearranged it look like a bomb to start this controversy

so this shocking to no one.

Also, why would the teacher open (or have it opened) the case if he/she believes it may be a bomb?
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I saw a case like that, closed with a timer on the front, he wouldn't even have had the chance to open it. The fact that the teacher let it go that far was a mistake on their part. Had the bomb been real, moments are important.
    The display is inside the case. If it was closed it would just look like a briefcase shaped pencil case. So again, once it's open it should've been clear to the police that it was not a bomb and they should not have arrested him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    Also, why would the teacher open (or have it opened) the case if he/she believes it may be a bomb?
    That is a terrific question. Very stupid on the teachers part.

- - - Updated - - -

The display is inside the case. If it was closed it would just look like a briefcase shaped pencil case. So again, once it's open it should've been clear to the police that it was not a bomb and they should not have arrested him.
    With a digital display on the top of it. If a student walked in with that case, closed, with a timer display on the front, I would call the police with the quickness.

It is a school, with likely hundreds of people in it. No risks should be taken.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is a terrific question. Very stupid on the teachers part.

- - - Updated - - -

With a digital display on the top of it. If a student walked in with that case, closed, with a timer display on the front, I would call the police with the quickness.
    The only display was on the inside of the case. Nothing on the outside, all inside.

There was no risk. As I said before any brain dead idiot can look at it and be like "hmmm, well an LCD and a circuit board aren't going to magically explode".

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Amateur clock-building done by kids is now a bad joke, you heard it here first.

He was literally showing off his clock as a clock he had made. He wasn't pretending it was a bomb like you were pretending you had baggies of coke.

It's a wonder you guys can have science fairs at all anymore.
    Well I can say "Hey we just decided to throw the baggies on the ground and feeled like running".
    I wasn't there and have no idea what did the boy say/do/imply.

On the plus size he wasn't even beaten up.