Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    The only display was on the inside of the case. Nothing on the outside, all inside.
    Then the teacher is excused for allowing him to open it. But once opened, I can absolutely understand why the teacher reacted they way they did.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Then the teacher is excused for allowing him to open it. But once opened, I can absolutely understand why the teacher reacted they way they did.
    Sure I'm not blaming the teacher (other than being a fucking moron). I'm blaming the police for arresting a boy for something that was clearly not a bomb.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure I'm not blaming the teacher (other than being a fucking moron). I'm blaming the police for arresting a boy for something that was clearly not a bomb.
    Do we know if a bomb squad was called to the school? I don't remember that part if it occurred. (Honest question)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Well I can say "Hey we just decided to throw the baggies on the ground and feeled like running".
    I wasn't there and have no idea what did the boy say/do/imply.

On the plus size he wasn't even beaten up.
    Except the pencil case didn't look like anything but a pencil case. the entire clock was on the inside, and he literally was showing it as a clock. There was no insinuation of it being anything else like in your example, where you were clearly implying that the bags had drugs in them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    "clock"

He was clearly full of shit and wanted to play the victim card, which got him a lot of attention.
    Yeah I remember all the paranoid people looking at my custom desktop when I brought it to the library.
    /s
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It didn't even say it wasn't discriminatory, only that there was no evidence of that fact presented in the lawsuit for them to consider.
    lmao this level of pedantry
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know if a bomb squad was called to the school? I don't remember that part if it occurred. (Honest question)
    According to the tweet in this CBC article, no the bomb squad was not called.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/ahme...bomb-1.3230261
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Once again someone on the left is trying to marginalize viewpoints they don't agree with. This is a classic leftist tactic to bully someone and put them on the defensive by calling them racists. I am only interested in the facts and using logic and reason to analyze the situation.

In this situation the teacher thought it was a bomb based on it looking like a bomb and took appropriate action.
    The teacher may not have been racist, but these posters are.

10+ Year Old Account
    No bomb squad.

He showed it to his engineering teacher (ie: the teacher who would actually recognise it for what it was), and that teacher was like "hey, that's a cool clock way to go."

Then the clock alarm went off in his English class and he had to take it out to turn it off. At the end of class the teacher wanted to see it, and the kid showed it to her and said it's a clock I made, at which point the English teacher was like "hey, kid, that looks like a bomb" and went to get the principal and police.

Then he got arrested, handcuffed, and detained.

So basically: His teacher who recognised electronics understood what it was. His teacher who knew shit all about electronics freaked out. The pencil case didn't have a display on the outside or anything, it had like a hologram animal or something.

The police knew it wasn't a bomb, obviously, because they didn't call the bomb squad or take any actual safety measures. They recognised that ere was no threat, but they still punished the kid just for making a clock.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-05-19 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the tweet in this CBC article, no the bomb squad was not called.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/ahme...bomb-1.3230261
    That is a big problem.

I clicked hoping it was news about him blowing himself and his family up.

Shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree with the teachers actions. The police messed up. They should absolutely have had the bomb squad called in.

Would have likely been the easier way to get this case resolved if they had actually had the bomb squad called in.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree with the teachers actions. The police messed up. They should absolutely have had the bomb squad called in.

Would have likely been the easier way to get this case resolved if they had actually had the bomb squad called in.
    That's the crux of the whole thing.

If they really thought it was a bomb they should have called the bomb squad. By not doing so they make the implication that they recognised there wasn't a threat, and it wasn't a bomb, but they still punished the kid.

It doesn't add up.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless they didn't call the squad because they knew it wasn't a bomb and they didn't want to waste the resources and appear dumb.

I agree, it would have been easier to resolve - because it would show they thought there was an actual threat. By not calling the bomb squad they make every implication that they knew it wasn't a bomb.

I love how TV and movies have trained ignorant people to think automatically think "bomb" whenever they see an LCD, a circuit board, and wires.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's the crux of the whole thing.

If they really thought it was a bomb they should have called the bomb squad. By not doing so they make the implication that they recognised there wasn't a threat, and it wasn't a bomb, but they still punished the kid.

It doesn't add up.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless they didn't call the squad because they knew it wasn't a bomb and they didn't want to waste the resources and appear dumb.

I agree, it would have been easier to resolve - because it would show they thought there was an actual threat. By not calling the bomb squad they make every implication that they knew it wasn't a bomb.
    Yeah that is my whole problem with the school and the police's actions at no time did they ever actually act like they thought it was a bomb. The police even say "We attempted to question the juvenile about what it was and he would simply only tell us that it was a clock." Plus they took no safety measures never even evacuated the school.

Deleted
    Can i sue the school, if i bring a paintball gun?

If they arrest me, i will claim discrimination based on the stereotype of white school shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Can i sue the school, if i bring a paintball gun?

If they arrest me, i will claim discrimination based on the stereotype of white school shooters.
    is a paintball gun a banned item at the school. And did they claim they thought it was a real gun but never took any safety measures they would have if they actually thought it was a real gun?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Uh? What now?
    Yet, as usual, you failed to answer the question my friend. Even after I reiterated in a more cogent manner for you to understand.

Deleted
    I remember fraudster boy.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they fuck off back to whatever backwards Muslim country the dad is from so the wife and sister could live in peace?