Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    Why does it matter tho who he works for/who benefits as long as what he brings out is true?
    Well, he helps some tyrant to destabilize the western democracies with compromising knowledge about anyone that could oppose him.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Because you can slant true facts to imply whatever you want. Motivation is as relevant as anything.
    Yes, "truth" can be abused by being selectively applied and filtered. Ex: Hulk Hogan sex tape was "true".

Damned near anyone can be made to be a monster if you filter their statements and actions with an agenda. And Wikileaks certainly has an agenda.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    There is a certain comedy here, if he had just gone to Sweden he would either have been found innocent and released or found guilty and spent a couple of years in prison, either way he would then have been free to return to Australia, stay in Sweden or whatever. But now because of his hair brained plan to evade justice he's spent five years under voluntary house arrest, could go to jail for up to a year for jumping bail if he leaves the embassy, and to make it worse there is now an actual possibility of extradition to the USA which was impossible before. Idiot, idiot, idiot.
    Bullshit. If he'd put himself anywhere the US could have laid hands on him he'd have had a mysterious and tragic accident in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you joking? They only dropped the case because they couldn't serve a warrant on him, not because he was innocent.
    Because there were no cases against him. None at all. It was an investigation, from which the plaintiffs said repeatedly they were not wiling to press charges and wished to retract.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    "Held" is a really strange way to spell "hiding".
    So you mean to tell me that refugees are people seeking to evade the law? Trump would agree with you on that!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great, now he can turn himself over to US authorities like he said he would right...right?

So what excuse is he using now to justify his continued hiding?

Or is he giving up that pretext and not even bothering with an excuse any longer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Because there were no cases against him. None at all. It was an investigation, from which the plaintiffs said repeatedly they were not wiling to press charges and wished to retract.
    I'm not even sure we are talking about the same thing. The rape victim was shocked that this happened. And I quoted you the direct reason why it was dropped: because the warrant couldn't be served. It even says that if he enters the country before 2020 that the case will proceed.

The plaintiff in the rape case was "shocked" by the decision, her lawyer said, and maintained her accusations against Mr Assange, Agence France-Presse reported.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-19 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even sure we are talking about the same thing. The rape victim was shocked that this happened. And I quoted you the direct reason why it was dropped: because the warrant couldn't be served. It even says that if he enters the country before 2020 that the case will proceed.
    There were two people who pushed the case initially. Glad to see one realized that this was a witch hunt.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    good news!

15+ Year Old Account
    There were two people who pushed the case initially. Glad to see one realized that this was a witch hunt.
    Now you are just pulling my leg. No one could be that ignorant.

He was accused of sexual molestation and unlawful coercion and rape. In 2015 he they had to drop the molestation and coercion because, just like now, they couldn't get to him for questioning.

After he lost all of his appeals and was about to be extradited back to Sweden he chose to seek asylum in the Ecuadoran Embassy where he has been hiding ever since.

So now he is free to keep his promise to accept extradition to the US, right?
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-19 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you are just pulling my leg. No one could be that ignorant.

He was accused of sexual molestation and unlawful coercion and rape. In 2015 he they had to drop the molestation and coercion because, just like now, they couldn't get to him for questioning.

After he lost all of his appeals and was about to be extradited back to Sweden he chose to seek asylum in the Ecuadoran Embassy where he has been hiding ever since.

So now he is free to keep his promise to accept extradition to the US, right?
    You do know he has been interrogated within the embassy, right? The sole reason he did not present himself in person was because Sweden could not guarantee he'd not be extradited to the US.

Also, he did say that he would only move to the US if there was a public process, which the US refused.

Obviously, you have a very personal and strong enmity against him. That's sad.
    Google Diversity Memo

15+ Year Old Account
    You do know he has been interrogated within the embassy, right? The sole reason he did not present himself in person was because Sweden could not guarantee he'd not be extradited to the US.

Also, he did say that he would only move to the US if there was a public process, which the US refused.

Obviously, you have a very personal and strong enmity against him. That's sad.
    But I don't. I think he is a piece of crap with his own agenda but I could care less what happens to him. You seem to have a vested interest in his wellbeing though.

He said he would accept extradition to the US if Manning was released. And she is now out. Sweden isn't going to arrest him if he walks out the door (UK still may, as he has an open warrant in the UK) so he is free to keep his promise.

And the single interview (which was not an interrogation) that they managed to get was done by submitting questions for someone else to ask him and they were not allowed follow up questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I don't. I think he is a piece of crap with his own agenda but I could care less what happens to him.
    Then what are you doing here?
    Google Diversity Memo

15+ Year Old Account
    Then what are you doing here?
    Vainly attempting to give a dose of realism and facts to the people who place this tool on a pedestal and worship at his feet.

I didn't realize this topic was only for people in love with him.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-19 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ah, okay, it's the kind of Sweden thread in which people will complain about Sweden laws being to SJW about rape and considering ''everything as a rape, including normal seduction techniques like boozing the girl and it's so unfair''

As opposed as the other kind of Sweden thread, in which there are several bazillions rapes in Sweden each day.
    Hahaha, my thoughts exactly!

Either way, I believe what his lawyer says, and the bitch in charge is trying to chalk it down as something other than there just not being enough evidence to charge him.

I always felt that this case had something rotten about it.

Assange said of the United States, "I don't forgive and I don't forget".

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Vainly attempting to give a dose of realism and facts to the people who place this tool on a pedestal and worship at his feet.

I didn't realize this topic was only for people in love with him.
    I was referring to the part where you didn't care. I didn't realize people jumped in threads they don't care about.
    Google Diversity Memo

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Hahaha, my thoughts exactly!

Either way, I believe what his lawyer says, and the bitch in charge is trying to chalk it down as something other than there just not being enough evidence to charge him.

I always felt that this case had something rotten about it.
    I've also heard there were "technical difficulties" with the investigation. Probably meaning they've got no evidence on him. I'm not going to get into conspiracy theories about whether it was pushed by the US or not. I personally think it's more of a Swedish issue of being too trusting of the rape-victims instead of just looking at the evidence and realizing they've got fuck-all. You can't sentence someone to prison because 1 person said so and without any witness.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    I've also heard there were "technical difficulties" with the investigation. Probably meaning they've got no evidence on him. I'm not going to get into conspiracy theories about whether it was pushed by the US or not. I personally think it's more of a Swedish issue of being too trusting of the rape-victims instead of just looking at the evidence and realizing they've got fuck-all. You can't sentence someone to prison because 1 person said so and without any witness.
    Or as the prosecutor said ''we are not going to prosecute this case forever''.

He has been held in the Ecuadorian embassy for years even though he did not commit that offense.
    How do you know that? Were you in the room?

And he hasn't been held anywhere. He's hiding in the embassy of his own volition to evade a warrant for his arrest. That is, he's never been to trial so that his innocence or guilt could be determined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.