Poll: Nicolas Cage: Good actor or Bad actor?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hit or miss.

Deleted
    This is a tough one.

I like him, I can't really say why.

I don't think he is a good actor compared to gods like Daniel Day Lewis, Richard Mofe Damijo, John Okafor or Bimbo Odukoya, but I love to watch his movies. Atleast the old ones.

It seems like he isn't doing so well anymore as of late

I've enjoyed Nic Cage quite a bit over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by proralph View Post
    Yes he is a good actor. What money troubles?
    Giant colection of rare sport cars + giant mansions around the world + other expensiv crap = oh i have to pay 10 million in taxes and i just bought a second fucking island and i dont have the money nor i want to sell my stuff.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-05-19 at 06:18 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    What is your opinion of Nicolas Cage's acting skills?

When I was younger, for some reason I was under the impression that he was considered one of the best actors in the industry. But now that I'm older and have re-watched some of his movies, my opinion is that he's a pretty bad actor, almost comically bad.
    Mediocre. He's not good. He's not bad.

Deleted
    he was class in birdy.

Con Air is the worst movie of all time I can't quit watching.

He's decent in some stuff. Some people have mentioned Lord of War (which is an excellent movie where he's perfectly cast), but I don't think anyone's mentioned Matchstick Men, another more-recent movie of his which I thought was admirably good.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is a god among men. As mentioned he has some recent hits that he does very well in, you can clearly tell when he's trying or just doesn't give a fuck.

Not a lot of people have watched "Joe" which I think is his most recent serious roll that he played very well. I do prefer his crazy acting because it's so enjoyable to watch.

Watch army of one it is fucking hilarious and he nails that character SO well. I am simply mesmerised by him I will watch any shitty movie with the Cage in it.

Yes he accepts literally every script thrown at him but that's why we love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    What is your opinion of Nicolas Cage's acting skills?

When I was younger, for some reason I was under the impression that he was considered one of the best actors in the industry. But now that I'm older and have re-watched some of his movies, my opinion is that he's a pretty bad actor, almost comically bad.
    He is a pretty good actor but he has done a lot of bad movies. He got in trouble with the IRS. He lost a lot of money. I think he had some accountant or manager that screwed him over money wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    Yeah, was going to say this. I really think he did a good job there.
    As one critic put it, he did a good job with nuance.
    And using the Adam West schtick that was in the old Batman show when talking as "Big Daddy" was genius.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I like a good number of his movies. I'd say that his acting style is proficient, however, he takes on a lot of the same roles. So, not bad or great, but good. He also takes on both bad movie concepts and good movie concepts, which is welcoming.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post

TOO FUCKING EPIC!!
    I prefer this one, its genious from the very moment he appeared.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nicholas Cage is a walking Law of Averages. For every dozen or so awful movies he's in he'll somehow find a way to land a solid role in a good movie to balance the scales. Even his awful movies have a certain amount of entertaining quality to them thanks to his unique, uh, fame.

If he woke up one day and decided he longer wants to work on objectively dumpster-tier movies, I suspect he'd do fairly well as far as being a critically acclaimed actor but at this point I almost feel like he's okay with whatever he does so long as they're a pay check involved.

Personally, I love him. He's like a pre-evolved Keanu Reeves.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Giant colection of rare sport cars + giant mansions around the world + other expensiv crap = oh i have to pay 10 million in taxes and i just bought a second fucking island and i dont have the money nor i want to sell my stuff.
    Hahaha lmao. The way you elaborated it is fu*king awesome. Got the thing now. I hope he get learn and manage things out properly.
    - says Ralph

Nic Cage is a good actor when he actually tries to be. Unfortunately, almost 90% of the movies he does he either does to have fun, or just get a paycheck. But when a movie comes along that he believes in, he usually hits it out of the park. He was fantastic in Lord of War, for example:

10+ Year Old Account
    He isnt awful but he isn't good either, he is super entertaining though. I cannot help but watch no matter what he is in. He has had some awesome performances

He falls into the same category as actors like Tom Cruise, Tim Curry and John Travolta.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-05-24 at 10:15 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    This sums is up pretty well...

We're not supposed to know wheter he's good or bad.. That question cannot be answered
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

He's kinda like a talented athlete that mails it in sometimes or just takes plays off. He could have a better career but doesn't seem to care enough.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

He was great in conair, gone in 60 seconds and national treasure