Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Prestige system is keeping me from re-rolling. Why not make it account wide?

The prestige system is mostly a time investment, discouraging re-rolling to a new main character in pvp IMO.
    If I start focussing on a new class, I start at zero again and "lose" all my progress.

The alternative is to still play that one character that is on a high prestige level just for the rewards, even though you don't want to play that character anymore.

What do you think about account wide prestige?

Last edited by mmoce9a47a3159; 2017-05-19 at 09:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes please! I don't understand why they wouldn't/isn't currently.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

I believe it is because of the gold/AP rewards in most levels, all the other rewards are account wide.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, You don't "lose" anything, that's a silly way of putting it.
    I can see where you're coming from with this though, It can be a long grind and if you're over halfway, and lose interest in your class, You're stuck with starting again, or playing that class.

But I don't think it's a real issue, In my opinion I think this only really affects people who roll FoTM classes, I don't understand how people "main" different classes, I main my Druid which was the first character I ever made 9 years ago and still love it to this day, so if you play a class you actually love to begin with, this won't come into it.

In regards to account wide prestige, I don't see it ever being a thing, Blizzard have always stuck by PvP rewards being stuck on the toon you got them, unlike mounts, vanity stuff etc, Because obviously it's easier for some classes than others, I think it's harder to deal with on the first prestige, as you're gaining talents then, But I think it would work if 1-50 first Prestige should be character specific, then after that account wide, So if you get to Prestige 3, then re roll, once you get to Prestige 1 on your new toon you jump to 3, and can continue, as it's mostly vanity items after the first.

I'd love it!
    To be fair, I never understood why anything is soul bound or character specific. I'm one person playing all these characters, it's still ME who did all the required stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    I believe it is because of the gold/AP rewards in most levels, all the other rewards are account wide.
    The titles and skins are not, which is the biggest reason I do Prestige.

I just rerolled main and now have to grind out 13 prestige ranks again. It's a tedious process, and if I don't want to spend the next 8 months catching up, I can't do anything else ingame except PvP. Horrible grind.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

I think that's how it should have been in the first place but Blizzard decided this would be the expansion where anyone who plays more than a single character has to suffer.

Did they ever say why they were making it harder to level prestige? Prestige is much harder to level now and it's annoying AF. I really wish they would make it account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Did they ever say why they were making it harder to level prestige? Prestige is much harder to level now and it's annoying AF. I really wish they would make it account wide.
    Why is it much harder?

The amount needed has gone down, even after the first rank.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Ya even if they leave the first 46 honor levels for talents character specific the actual prestige grind should be account wide (the rewards are account wide are they not? so it only makes sense for the whole system to be account wide as well).

Deleted
    it is supposed to be character progression

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    it is supposed to be character progression
    Yet all it actually is a mindless grind that we have to slog through on our individual character. It's not reasonable to expect anyone to grind through all those ranks multiple times especially if all they want is the additional colors for their Artifact Weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you play a character not an account.

There's already far too much account-wide nonsense.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The prestige system is mostly a time investment, discouraging re-rolling to a new main character in pvp IMO.
    If I start focussing on a new class, I start at zero again and "lose" all my progress.

The alternative is to still play that one character that is on a high prestige level just for the rewards, even though you don't want to play that character anymore.

What do you think about account wide prestige?

I think prestige should def be account wide.

I like to pvp with various different classes.

Prestige has totally killed that.

If I want my prestige, I am basically forced to play the same character through a very long grind, and it is a loooooong grind.

Blizzard has to move towards more things being account wide (reputation, I am lookin at you).

Sometimes a player wants to play a different class "to keep it fresh" as they say. A smart dev would let them play that class without the "account penalty." The reasoning is- if you let them switch, at least they are still playing and staying subbed (think of the alternative).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Because you play a character not an account.

There's already far too much account-wide nonsense.
    You pay for the account, not the characters.

Not only that, but by limiting account wide stuff, Blizzard penaklizes you for trying different classes, roles, etc.

They are also taking away what you earned. You earned those achieves, prestige, rep. The character didn't. The character was just the vehicle you were using at the time.

You should get credit for what you earned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    You pay for the account, not the characters.

Not only that, but by limiting account wide stuff, Blizzard penaklizes you for trying different classes, roles, etc.

They are also taking away what you earned. You earned those achieves, prestige, rep. The character didn't. The character was just the vehicle you were using at the time.

You should get credit for what you earned.
    You pay for access to the game. The game is an RPG. Account-bound nonsense flies in the face of everything an RPG stands for.

You play a character, not an account. The very idea that you're directly playing as an individual character is inherent in the RPG genre. There is no such thing as an account in relation to your characters and their lore in WoW.

What you are asking for is for a different game type than WoW is, which means you should go play a different game.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-05-19 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    The titles and skins are not, which is the biggest reason I do Prestige.

I just rerolled main and now have to grind out 13 prestige ranks again. It's a tedious process, and if I don't want to spend the next 8 months catching up, I can't do anything else ingame except PvP. Horrible grind.
    The titles can easily be made account-wide. Skins might be another ballgame though - Are they currently account-wide for classes? I thought that if you got a skin on a DK, you would have it on all DKs. Pennants not being toys are stupid, and pretty much something else that didn't hit the dartboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

You pay for access to the game. The game is an RPG. Account-bound nonsense flies in the face of everything an RPG stands for.

You play a character, not an account. The very idea that you're directly playing as an individual character is inherent in the RPG genre. There is no such thing as an account in relation to your characters and their lore in WoW.

What you are asking for is for a different game type than WoW is, which means you should go play a different game.
    I do, I actually play many different games.

WOW is an rpg, as you claim, but it has already done away with many traditional rpg things (such as encumberance for instance). So, WOW being an rpg is not really a reason to not have account bound things.

You pay for an account. You have many characters on an account. Your account is good for multiple games and many characters. You earned the achievement. The arrangement of pixels that you know as your character didn't really earn the achievement, you did.

There's an easy way to fix this though. For those that want a traditional rpg, just make a "Turn account wide off button." Let's see how many subscribers use that.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I do, I actually play many different games.

WOW is an rpg, as you claim, but it has already done away with many traditional rpg things (such as encumberance for instance). So, WOW being an rpg is not really a reason to not have account bound things.

You pay for an account. You have many characters on an account. Your account is good for multiple games and many characters. You earned the achievement. The arrangement of pixels that you know as your character didn't really earn the achievement, you did.

There's an easy way to fix this though. For those that want a traditional rpg, just make a "Turn account wide off button." Let's see how many subscribers use that.....
    Weight encumbrance isn't a mechanic used in all traditional RPGs, so that's a poor example. In WoW terms it's handled by bag space - cervin the same purpose in a different way.

I don't claim WoW is an RPG, it is an RPG. Your account does not exist in the world of WoW, it's not a thing. Each of your characters is separate and its own entity, according to Blizzard. Whatever headcanon you use to help you sleep at night is yours to use, but its incorrect. Don't try to change the game to suit it.

What you pay for is in no way related to what you are entitled to in the game. You pay for access, nothing more.

Weight encumbrance isn't a mechanic used in all traditional RPGs, so that's a poor example. In WoW terms it's handled by bag space - cervin the same purpose in a different way.

I don't claim WoW is an RPG, it is an RPG. Your account does not exist in the world of WoW, it's not a thing. Each of your characters is separate and its own entity, according to Blizzard. Whatever headcanon you use to help you sleep at night is yours to use, but its incorrect. Don't try to change the game to suit it.

What you pay for is in no way related to what you are entitled to in the game. You pay for access, nothing more.
    What does it matter to you if Reputation, Prestige, etc. becomes Account Wide? Will that stop you from playing the game? Will you never make an alternate character because of it? Or what?

blizzard logic.. we're gonna remove gear from pvp so it wouldnt matter that much and you guys wouldnt be worrying about having less gear, spending time grinding gear etc.

but instead we gonna implement boring ass artifacts.. so you would need to grind billions of AP.. we also gonna implement retarded PVP talent system that this game dont fucking need.. and you need to grind that shit aswell.. ppl used to say gear used to matter too much.. with less gear it was almost impossible to win blah blah.. and it was only partly true.. back in the days even with less gear you could still shit on low rated kids just because well skill used to matter more in general cause the game used to have a higher skill cap.. but also the difference between having bad gear and NOT HAVING AP and PVP talents is astronomical.. if having bad gear back in the days was giving you like 20% of disadvantage back in the days NOW not having full traits(atleast 36) and pvp talents makes you fucking 100% worse.. you literally cant win without some of them..

its a fucking joke really..

also the way they made them is terrible in general.. whats the exciting part about AP grind? getting new trait that does exactly what? +5 main stat like in diablo? rofl.. whats the exciting part about pvp talents? when 80% of them are passive.. 70% of them are abilities we used to have baseline.. and some of the abilities are just broken versions of ones we used to have.. like who the fuck needs those dumb curses you implemented for warlocks? you think having one curse WITH A COOLDOWN is cool? like did any of the current blizzard developers ever played warlock prior to mop/wod? like really? you think that the best thing about having curses was the fact that you have them and thats it? no.. the best thing was having alot of them and choosing between them.. when and where and why to use each and every one of them in a specific fucking way..

and its the same with majority of pruned abilities or with pvp talents that they implemented... it doesnt matter if you bring AN ability back also.. the thing that matters most is HOW you do it..
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-05-20 at 04:30 AM.