Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Horde The Current state of the Horde - Pro, Cons, Future...

Hello boys and girls and fellow Horde/Alliance Players.
    This thread is going to reflect what i think about the Horde right now, what is wrong, what is right, what could have been done and what MUST be done to still have some relevance for this faction in the future.
    Don't get me wrong, i always elt the Horde got a better spotlight over the allaince jsut because o the expansions thematics, but now the story is completely different.

THE HORDE RIGHT NOW
    So let's see what we have here.... the events of Legion certainly did afect the Horde a lot, and not for the better (as of right now), not much from a lore prospective (legion is not finished yet and many stories need to end still), but as a general "feeling".
    Let's start with our racial leaders.
    So... Sylvanas is Warchief! Hoorayy! Well, kinda.
    Sylvanas right nows and even in the past is one of the most charismatic and just well done characters of the Horde, mainly because of her past and history that expand on many games and expansions now.
    She honestly deserve a big spotlight like now, but in terms o how well she is going to unite or lead the Horde i have my doubts.
    I mean she is not famous for being a particulary awsome team-player and the Forsaken were always in the background in the horde, doing their shady things, often to the horror of the other Horde members. So while the Forsaken and Sylvanas are both awsome they never had a lead role like here in Legion. From the story we have seen so far, Sylvanas did NOTHING to unite the Horde or avenge Vol'Jin as she is more interested in "personal" matters with the val'kyr. Where will she go from now? I have no idea but i hope, like vol'jin said, that she will literally come out of the shadows with the forsaken and be a leader like she can be.
    Still overall she is right now the best for the Horde in terms of character development. I also really appreciate that for the second time in a row the Warchief is not an Orc.

So let's talk about the meat and bone fo the Horde: Orcs.
    You can definetly say that orcs got WAYYY TOO MUCH spotlight in the past. So much that i am sick and tired of them. That said, things went downhill pretty fast for the green guys after Garrosh went berserk. Because as much as you hated or loved Garrosh he did 1 thing right, give importance to the Orcs and the word "Horde" overall. Then if you really are a nostalgic dude like me we have to mention Thrall, he was the real Soul of the Horde back in the days, and his character is great, but he went downhill pretty fast as well after Cataclysm. In my opinion Thrall should have become the new Aspect fo the Earth to replace Neltharion , even if he is not a drake, we have seen what he is capable of doing in that department. Instead blizzard decided for him to abdicate and then he went to pandaria, decided to shove his head for whatever reason, and in general he wasn't anymore a major player.
    This is all to say that right now we have come to Saurfang. Now... Saurfang is a decent pick to lead the horde, but his character is kinda meh still. We need to see more of him (and for god sake please get rid of that atrocious armor and get a new one). SO for now the orcs are a big ?. We will see if during Legion Saurfang will show us something more.
    I personally see him as a honorable warrior, a great warrior, but also like a wise old orc, that have seen many things and can judge with impartiality.
    Otherwise i would always love to see Rexxar back in the horde to lead the orcs (even is he is only half orc).
    If you want to go really crazy, just bring Broxigar back from the dead then, as he is BY FAR the most BADASS individual to ever walk on Azeroth.

Time to talk about my personal favorite race: TROLLS!
    Oh god... this get really bad here. Vol'Jin as a character had a pretty decent evolution over the years, we cannot negate that. But his "meh" run as Warchief and his lackluster death leaves the trolls with NO RACIAL LEADER. thats right, the Trolls got fked up the *** pretty hard this time.
    Vol'Jin always admired the open minded methods of Thralls, and so i really would have loved to see more interactions beetween him and the Alliance as a whole, but that really didnt happen. So what now for the trolls? If you think about it, there aren't many notable Trolls right now to take his place, as most of the good troll characters either died (R.I.P. Zul'Jin) or are from other tribes.
    My prediction is that until the end of Legion things will remain shitty as fuck for the trolls. With the next expansion we will probably have a rebuilding phase for them, and i would personally pick Rokhan as the new racial leader.
    You may remember him as a hero for Warcraft 3, but is also in WoW. He helped us in Northrend and he was in your Garrison in Draenor. So yeah, he didn't do shit in WoW but at least he has history behind him.
    The other options is to let other Trolls tribe into the Horde and then we can talk about other badass trolls.

Now... let's talk GOBLINS!
    This is for me the most exciting part when looking a tthe future of the Horde. Gallywix as a character is jsut damn good. He has ton of potential, and oh boy what he is capable of doing to get to his objectives.
    Sadly we have seen very little to none of him, but the fact that he recived a new 3d model makes me wish for the best. Overall the Goblins are incredibly established as an entity in the WoW universe and in the Horde, and they are all over the place, so all we need is a charismatic racial leader and they are ready to go!

Pandaren time!: Not much to say here. Blizzard droped the ball so fast on these guys before even picking it. Don't get me wrong. The story, and history of pandaria and the pandarens have been DELIGHTFUL to see finally (everyone who played WC3 always wanted to see more of Chen Stormstout).
    But they are so fking anonymous in both the horde or the alliance that they do not even have a guide, or a racial leader. The closest to that is the Pandaren that in the end decide to join the Horde, that is so charismatic that i cannot even remember his fking name! Ji Firepaw or something, i think.
    Jesus christ Blizzard, make this dude do something. As much as neutral as the pandarens can be, if you join the Horde you must have reasons and objectives. Overall shitty ass job from Blizz after Mists of Pandaria in anything Pandaren related.

Taurens:
    To me at the "core" of the Horde there have been always Orcs, Trolls and Taurens. I feel like in the past those 3 races together formed a really strong bond
    and that's also when maybe the Horde was at his "peak".
    This was proved by the deep friendship between Thrall and Cairne Bloodhoof, To this day still the most badass Tauren we had in recent times.
    Blizz fucked up again with the death of Cairne, not showing it in game, and in general a very bad move because it left the Taurens with a shitty racial leader and from there onwards they always felt "behind" the orcs, unlike when Cairne was alive.
    In game now we have Baine. He has the charisma of a fking dishwashing machine. He literally did 0, over the course of several expansions.
    YOU could literally pick any Tauren in Highmountain and he is more badass then him, HELL EVEN FKING GAMON IS MUCH BETTER THEN HIM.
    So Blizz has 2 choices, either make Bain great, or get rid of him.
    I'm more incline to the second option, because there are mcuh, much better Taurens already "developed".
    I honestly would love to see Hamuul Runetotem leading the Taurens of the Horde, maybe to a "different" horde, or his vision of what the horde could be.

Finally we have Lor'themar Theron: Considering the amount of time he has been around he rly didn't do much. The msot we have seen of him was during Throne of Thunder, and honeslty... it was great! We definetly need to see more of him, as he has the potential to be a really good leader.
    I jsut think that he got the short end of the stick because Sylvanas is there, and both Forsaken and Belf players kinda look up to her.

CONCLUSION:
    Unfortunatly, not good. The Horde as a whole right now lack depth and interesting individuals. Only Sylvanas is at the top of her game while all the others are a total mess. There is a lot of promise for Gallywix, but other then that Blizz need to do a lot of work and FAST if you want to bring Horde back on the same level as Alliance right now.

So hopefully you read this all and you liked it. Please feel free to comment. If you liked this format i may be doing one for the Alliance too ^^!

Deleted
    I miss Garrosh as Warchief.... I am serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas the Warchief of the Horde is basically a joke, IMO.

It's borderline ridiculous, Vol'jin being Warchief already was pushing but, Sylvanas?

Deleted
    it may look like that right now, but for sure her story will develop more. We cannot really judge until then

- - - Updated - - -

i kinda miss him too, he was mad, but at least he gave an identity

Deleted
    About the pandaren, having their racial leader tortured and almost killed by Garrosh mere months after being introduced in the horde probably affected quite a bit their presence in the faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Sylvanas the Warchief of the Horde is basically a joke, IMO.

It's borderline ridiculous, Vol'jin being Warchief already was pushing but, Sylvanas?
    Why? The Horde is equal parts all races, not ORCS and the other 5.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    ye agree, While the Orc usually have the warchief, it has often been equal in rights, well except when Garrosh was there

Make Lasan Skyhorn the Tauren Chieftain, just so I can listen to him talk more. Fucking love his voice.

Deleted
    Agree, his voice is pretty sexy, and he is much better then Baine

Deleted
    For the Horde!!!

Deleted
    RIP Garrosh, they trashed the faction when they had the brilliant idea to make a villian out of the warchief.

Deleted
    i guess that's kinda true too

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I miss Garrosh as Warchief.... I am serious.
    yeah, I mean except for the crazy Orc-supremacist bit, he was actually a pretty interesting character. Dude had the drive and will to do whatever it took to push the horde forward and become a dominant force. Right now the horde is fractured, with each race kind of just doing it's own thing. There's no unity. No direction. Almost no purpose other than "Oh shit we don't want to get pwnt by the Legion."

I suspect that this is probably leading up to the entire prophesy/story surrounding Anduin being the freakin chosen one(or whatever the hell that's supposed to be). The Alliance isn't in a much better state when you really get down to it. Gnomes haven't ever been a major player, Genn is on a rampage of revenge and stupid prejudice. The dwarves sort of have a hint of something going on with Muradin. I don't think Tyrande has ever been relevant in the WoW story so far, except for her ties to Illidan....which brings me to my next point:

What if Illidan became the leader of the Horde to counterpoint against Anduin stepping up as leader for the Alliance? Now THAT would be an interesting twist.

Well, Illidan can't really take issue with the Forsaken.

Illidan: What have YOU sacrificed?

Forsaken: *blink*....*blink*.... you serious?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    Hello boys and girls and fellow Horde/Alliance Players.
    This thread is going to reflect what i think about the Horde right now, what is wrong, what is right, what could have been done and what MUST be done to still have some relevance for this faction in the future.
    Don't get me wrong, i always elt the Horde got a better spotlight over the allaince jsut because o the expansions thematics, but now the story is completely different.

THE HORDE RIGHT NOW
    So let's see what we have here.... the events of Legion certainly did afect the Horde a lot, and not for the better (as of right now), not much from a lore prospective (legion is not finished yet and many stories need to end still), but as a general "feeling".
    Let's start with our racial leaders.
    So... Sylvanas is Warchief! Hoorayy! Well, kinda.
    Sylvanas right nows and even in the past is one of the most charismatic and just well done characters of the Horde, mainly because of her past and history that expand on many games and expansions now.
    She honestly deserve a big spotlight like now, but in terms o how well she is going to unite or lead the Horde i have my doubts.
    I mean she is not famous for being a particulary awsome team-player and the Forsaken were always in the background in the horde, doing their shady things, often to the horror of the other Horde members. So while the Forsaken and Sylvanas are both awsome they never had a lead role like here in Legion. From the story we have seen so far, Sylvanas did NOTHING to unite the Horde or avenge Vol'Jin as she is more interested in "personal" matters with the val'kyr. Where will she go from now? I have no idea but i hope, like vol'jin said, that she will literally come out of the shadows with the forsaken and be a leader like she can be.
    Still overall she is right now the best for the Horde in terms of character development. I also really appreciate that for the second time in a row the Warchief is not an Orc.

So let's talk about the meat and bone fo the Horde: Orcs.
    You can definetly say that orcs got WAYYY TOO MUCH spotlight in the past. So much that i am sick and tired of them. That said, things went downhill pretty fast for the green guys after Garrosh went berserk. Because as much as you hated or loved Garrosh he did 1 thing right, give importance to the Orcs and the word "Horde" overall. Then if you really are a nostalgic dude like me we have to mention Thrall, he was the real Soul of the Horde back in the days, and his character is great, but he went downhill pretty fast as well after Cataclysm. In my opinion Thrall should have become the new Aspect fo the Earth to replace Neltharion , even if he is not a drake, we have seen what he is capable of doing in that department. Instead blizzard decided for him to abdicate and then he went to pandaria, decided to shove his head for whatever reason, and in general he wasn't anymore a major player.
    This is all to say that right now we have come to Saurfang. Now... Saurfang is a decent pick to lead the horde, but his character is kinda meh still. We need to see more of him (and for god sake please get rid of that atrocious armor and get a new one). SO for now the orcs are a big ?. We will see if during Legion Saurfang will show us something more.
    I personally see him as a honorable warrior, a great warrior, but also like a wise old orc, that have seen many things and can judge with impartiality.
    Otherwise i would always love to see Rexxar back in the horde to lead the orcs (even is he is only half orc).
    If you want to go really crazy, just bring Broxigar back from the dead then, as he is BY FAR the most BADASS individual to ever walk on Azeroth.

Time to talk about my personal favorite race: TROLLS!
    Oh god... this get really bad here. Vol'Jin as a character had a pretty decent evolution over the years, we cannot negate that. But his "meh" run as Warchief and his lackluster death leaves the trolls with NO RACIAL LEADER. thats right, the Trolls got fked up the *** pretty hard this time.
    Vol'Jin always admired the open minded methods of Thralls, and so i really would have loved to see more interactions beetween him and the Alliance as a whole, but that really didnt happen. So what now for the trolls? If you think about it, there aren't many notable Trolls right now to take his place, as most of the good troll characters either died (R.I.P. Zul'Jin) or are from other tribes.
    My prediction is that until the end of Legion things will remain shitty as fuck for the trolls. With the next expansion we will probably have a rebuilding phase for them, and i would personally pick Rokhan as the new racial leader.
    You may remember him as a hero for Warcraft 3, but is also in WoW. He helped us in Northrend and he was in your Garrison in Draenor. So yeah, he didn't do shit in WoW but at least he has history behind him.
    The other options is to let other Trolls tribe into the Horde and then we can talk about other badass trolls.

Now... let's talk GOBLINS!
    This is for me the most exciting part when looking a tthe future of the Horde. Gallywix as a character is jsut damn good. He has ton of potential, and oh boy what he is capable of doing to get to his objectives.
    Sadly we have seen very little to none of him, but the fact that he recived a new 3d model makes me wish for the best. Overall the Goblins are incredibly established as an entity in the WoW universe and in the Horde, and they are all over the place, so all we need is a charismatic racial leader and they are ready to go!

Pandaren time!: Not much to say here. Blizzard droped the ball so fast on these guys before even picking it. Don't get me wrong. The story, and history of pandaria and the pandarens have been DELIGHTFUL to see finally (everyone who played WC3 always wanted to see more of Chen Stormstout).
    But they are so fking anonymous in both the horde or the alliance that they do not even have a guide, or a racial leader. The closest to that is the Pandaren that in the end decide to join the Horde, that is so charismatic that i cannot even remember his fking name! Ji Firepaw or something, i think.
    Jesus christ Blizzard, make this dude do something. As much as neutral as the pandarens can be, if you join the Horde you must have reasons and objectives. Overall shitty ass job from Blizz after Mists of Pandaria in anything Pandaren related.

Taurens:
    To me at the "core" of the Horde there have been always Orcs, Trolls and Taurens. I feel like in the past those 3 races together formed a really strong bond
    and that's also when maybe the Horde was at his "peak".
    This was proved by the deep friendship between Thrall and Cairne Bloodhoof, To this day still the most badass Tauren we had in recent times.
    Blizz fucked up again with the death of Cairne, not showing it in game, and in general a very bad move because it left the Taurens with a shitty racial leader and from there onwards they always felt "behind" the orcs, unlike when Cairne was alive.
    In game now we have Baine. He has the charisma of a fking dishwashing machine. He literally did 0, over the course of several expansions.
    YOU could literally pick any Tauren in Highmountain and he is more badass then him, HELL EVEN FKING GAMON IS MUCH BETTER THEN HIM.
    So Blizz has 2 choices, either make Bain great, or get rid of him.
    I'm more incline to the second option, because there are mcuh, much better Taurens already "developed".
    I honestly would love to see Hamuul Runetotem leading the Taurens of the Horde, maybe to a "different" horde, or his vision of what the horde could be.

Finally we have Lor'themar Theron: Considering the amount of time he has been around he rly didn't do much. The msot we have seen of him was during Throne of Thunder, and honeslty... it was great! We definetly need to see more of him, as he has the potential to be a really good leader.
    I jsut think that he got the short end of the stick because Sylvanas is there, and both Forsaken and Belf players kinda look up to her.

CONCLUSION:
    Unfortunatly, not good. The Horde as a whole right now lack depth and interesting individuals. Only Sylvanas is at the top of her game while all the others are a total mess. There is a lot of promise for Gallywix, but other then that Blizz need to do a lot of work and FAST if you want to bring Horde back on the same level as Alliance right now.

So hopefully you read this all and you liked it. Please feel free to comment. If you liked this format i may be doing one for the Alliance too ^^!
    I will say many things, among them will be this: A corpse Is not my warchief.

Additionally, I think the horde Is doomed until It's Warchief Is an ORC. I don't care how many races we'll get an orc Is leading the Horde and that's that, stop having silly dreamy Ideas Blizz. I've seen nothing that makes Sylvannas a worthwhile Warchief so far, she literally abandoned us to DIE In Helheim when she got the Lantern from Helya. She didn't care, she let us, die. Or tried to, then we came back like "Oh hey, you survived... now help me get to this sanctuary? Why? Oh there's someone I want to show my lantern" as If nothing happened mear hours ago In Helheim...

She's a joke, Vol'jin was dellusional I don't care what twist they might think of later for this, Vol'jin probably heared demons whispering to him, Loa? Right.. more likely are demons and the fact he had the FEL spreading through his body not making him really able to make good decisions I'm sure.

Sylvannas will do anything to make the Forsaken Immortal, and then try rule the world as Lich Queen I'm telling you already... the way she goes about everything, the Horde Is a tool for her so far. Once her forsaken can be numered In the hundred thousands she'll just splinter from the Horde and she'll become the next Lich Queen and bam, Wrath 2.0 next expansion, because we all know Legion Is basically TBC 2.0 but much much worse. And we still haven't even got a story resolution for the whole lantern thing, I expected Helya to say something about that when we killed her, more elaboration as to what Sylva would've done etc. but nothing.

Why not have Saurfang, the man who has lived through literally FOUR world wars, Including the wars and battles he fought on Dreanor and sits as the currently highest ranking orc warrior of all becoming Warchief? Make him an actual good character to develop a story around, and have the rest grow with him, Baine, Theron and the others.

I'm sad for the current state of the game, both In terms of gameplay and story... It's at It's worst In both aspects right now :_: please don't f up Blizzard.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Pros:

a.) Sylvanas has a legion of fanboys both in the canon and in the playerbase, who will defend everything she does regardless of how evil it is.

b.) Sylvanas is willing to do literally anything to get more power for herself and, for the meantime, the Horde

Cons:

a.) Sylvanas is horrendously untrustworthy, and even her fellow leaders don't seem to trust anything she says or does. Vol'jin and Lor'themar both audibly have challenged her bullshit before, and we all know Gallywix's loyalty shifts like the wind. Thrall is gone and Saurfang doesn't seem to be doing much other than fighting, leaving only Baine. Who seems to actually care about being morally good.

b.) The Alliance will never, ever, work alongside the Horde as long as Sylvanas is Warchief. She committed war atrocities upon the Gilneans (Garrosh is irrelevant---in fact, it makes him look even better than her, somehow, since he deemed the plague too immoral to use and she didn't), personally killed Genn's son, and the optics makes it seem like she left Varian to die on the Broken Shore.

c.) If this was a story written with actual consequences, Sylvanas would have been in straight contention with at least Odyn by now, if not the Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade, for what she has done and continues to try to do.

Deleted
    i'd say that Story telling has never been this good hoenstly, but i udnerstabnd your points

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Why? The Horde is equal parts all races, not ORCS and the other 5.
    Not really. The Horde has always been the combination of the Orcish clans and the different races they allow in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No talk about the Forsaken? Saving that race was the whole reason Sylvanas was in Stormheim.
    And we see so far how they helped us since Vanilla, something is definitly wrong with those guys.

Another problem Blizzard has with the Horde is that they've painted themselves into a corner by not really expanding on any of the other faction leaders besides Thrall and Sylvanus. Vol'jin had a little bit of time in the spotlight during MoP, but they've killed him off, ending any potential there.

Lol'themar, Gallywix, Baine, and that panda guy might as well not even exist as far as the main story is concerned. Now the trolls and the orcs don't even have a faction leader.

There's pretty much no one else to lead besides Sylvanus unless Thrall makes a comeback, maybe? Many green. Much Jesus. So shaman.

And if they do something like kill Sylvanus, or make her into the Lich Queen....the horde is done, because Blizzard can't be bothered to spend any time building up another character. What are they going to do, play musical chairs again? Horde has had Thrall, then Garrosh, then Vol'jin, now Sylvanus. That's 4 warchiefs in a relatively short amount of time. I really don't see Blizzard rotating out Sylvanus. There's just too many problems with it.

I guess they could go full retard and make the player character the Warchief. Uhg....so many problems with that I can't even begin to describe it. Actually....now that I think about it, that's exactly the kind of idiocy I bet they'll do in the next expansion. Considering their views on how they screwed up by splitting the story and the content 12 ways for each class, it would probably make perfect sense for them to split it only 2 ways(Horde/Alliance).

Oh...damn...they're really gonna do it, mark my words. Anduin will go on to be the chosen one and not the alliance leader, leaving a gap for the Ally PC to step into. And the Horde is already mostly leaderless too.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-05-20 at 04:58 PM.