4 dungeons per lvl?

do you need 4 dungeons to get one lvl at 100-110 with normall xp? im fully rested at my alt and i wonder if it works like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    do you need 4 dungeons to get one lvl at 100-110 with normall xp?
    Even with Rested XP, you need more. Mob XP is low compared to required amount per level and Completion XP is nowhere near 25% of a level.

They screwed leveling via dungeons i think after WOTLK (in terms of leveling from the previous expansions max to the current expansions max). someone should be able to verify this for me cause I can't remember. I used to love leveling in dungeons but then exp in dungeons got axed and you were forced to do on the rails outdoor leveling in zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    They screwed leveling via dungeons i think after WOTLK (in terms of leveling from the previous expansions max to the current expansions max). someone should be able to verify this for me cause I can't remember. I used to love leveling in dungeons but then exp in dungeons got axed and you were forced to do on the rails outdoor leveling in zones.
    Wonder the same why they did that. I love the mixed combo of dungeons/questing to get my levels up. 1-80 is best time to level in WoW. 80-110, not so much..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

maybe wait for heirloom upgrades

Best lvling now is through invasions

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    Hands down this. Invasions gives a LOT of xp. I went from 109 to 110 from invasions alone (rested of course) ...and with the heirlooms coming out, leveling is gonna be super fast.

yes, and have your already maxed level toons buy BoA Orderhall Resources and mail them to alts you are leveling. Have them do Follower missions, I have 6 alts all lvl 104-106 and 7 110's 5 using this method.

I leveled my hunter alt basically only through invasions. Each invasion gives about 80% of a level, and with flying they can be done in 15-20 minutes. Downside is (obviously) that that you can't do them when you want, so if you want to reach 110 ASAP you'll have to do other stuff, but it' still the fastest way compared to time invested. Also you'll have really crappy gear once you reach 110 (because you don't get any in the process), so depending on your class/spec you might have a hard(er) time initially getting around on the broken shore.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya absolutely. It'll slow down your levelling speed as far as how many calendar days it'll take you, but as far as being logged in and leveling, you can't beat a level every 6 quests. I leveled my warrior and I'm working on my monk now, and it's so nice and easy
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Dungeon leveling with questing on the side is best until WoD (Though I do MoP questing which is personally faster than dungeons) which is where the Dungeon XP goes out the window, and you can level through those 10 in like 2 hours with a pot anyway. Invasions all the way after that for sure, however make sure you have WQGF as you will almost certainly get oneshot by everything about halfway through the grind

I still do not understand when developers are completely against leveling via dungeons. Should someone enjoy hunting for their xp instead of following on rail questing in zones, that should be ok. It's more options for the player.

Deleted
    hell even leveling by pet pvp is faster then dungeons

Deleted
    Just going to say that whilst you are leveling this way DO YOUR DAMN CLASS CAMPAIGN MISSIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    I still do not understand when developers are completely against leveling via dungeons. Should someone enjoy hunting for their xp instead of following on rail questing in zones, that should be ok. It's more options for the player.
    The way they designed the end game basically requires that you have made progress in every zone in order to access a great deal of things. If they had made dungeons give enough exp to level up at the same speed as questing, this thread would have instead been "why do they make me go back and do these zones at max level?"

It's just how the system at large was handled that makes dungeon leveling a non-starter.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The way they designed the end game basically requires that you have made progress in every zone in order to access a great deal of things. If they had made dungeons give enough exp to level up at the same speed as questing, this thread would have instead been "why do they make me go back and do these zones at max level?"

It's just how the system at large was handled that makes dungeon leveling a non-starter.
    You know what you're right. But, people would be given the CHOICE on how they want to level. Not to say that dungeon leveling isn't viable now, because is, its just very very slow which in hindsight, makes it seemed forced upon us to quest. I understand they wanted us to experience the story which I enjoy but why not let us go back an do it if we CHOSE to? I just don't like forced leveling paths/gameplay. More options is healthier for the player base. Makes everybody happy instead of a select audience. I enjoy questing but on the other hand I don't like having it forced down my fuckin throat, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Wonder the same why they did that. I love the mixed combo of dungeons/questing to get my levels up. 1-80 is best time to level in WoW. 80-110, not so much..
    80-85 is fucking amazing, took me like 40 minutes to RAF to knock out.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.