Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have central air/heat now so I don't have to worry about this but generally when I wasn't so lucky I would just put fans in all the windows and pray to god. Also keeping lights/any heat source off when not in use helps a ton. Not much else you can do really.

Here in NJ, it's 93F the past 2 days with 89% humidity, and I hate living right now. I feel for you, OP.

My building's AC is being serviced and isn't working, so it's literally 89F in my apartment. Our landlord is bringing us a a couple of temp. floor units sometime tonight, but I don't know how I'll make it, even the water from the tap is warm, so there's not even cold showers to help, at least I have ice water from the fridge to drink!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol. Awesome. While this may help cool the air around you for a while, it does not do one thing which AC does, which is lower the humidity. I can stand cold more than I can heat. It gets above 80 degrees F. and it is too hot for me. We have central AC and also a basement , which it is naturally cooler down there and we have a futon down there also should we get desperate.
    I'm the same way, I prefer cold over heat! Anything above 80F is usually uncomfortable for me, sadly don't have central AC but I have 2 big through the wall units which I upgraded recently. Two nice new 25k BTU Frigidaire units keeps my place nice and cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    No, it is objectively correct to say that weather can objectively be an inconvenience. The problem here is you still don't understand the words you're using and rather than just admit that, you're coming up with some stupid convoluted argument that's completely out of line with normal English. Stop. You're wrong. Give it up.
    No, I'm not wrong. And you still haven't given a single argument against me - you are just ranting about dictionaries and me being wrong.

Trying to fling this on my non-understanding of English is absolutely ridiculous. The words objectively and subjectively are identical in Finnish compared to their English counterparts.

If you can't keep your cool and act civil, back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Still need to install mine, but its been close to 95+ (40+ C I think) in NY for the last few days (at least where I am)

How do you keep cool in such hot weather without AC? I am dying.
    I usually stay cool by not going in the political threads on mmo-champ.

Wait, what was the question again?

Oh, right. Well, the easiest way (and if you don't mind getting a little bit wet) is to roll a (more or less) thin towel around an icepack (or whatever you put in your freezer) and put them on areas where you tend to get hot. Knees, armpits and back are good areas where heat tend to clutter. Just make sure it's not direct skin contact, you don't want to get a cold burn.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Man, some nerds will argue about anything.

Anyway, you get used to the heat if you don't have AC.

Last time I went home in the summer and it was 45 in Athens. That's about 113 F.

It was miserable for the most part. I was always happier getting to AC. But over time I would have gotten used to it again.

Have you tried grumbling? Here in the UK we regulate our temperature by constantly complaining about the weather being too hot/cold/wet/dry (apart from the Vernal and Autumnal equinoxes when the weather is perfect.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, see, you're dismissing what I post as "a rant" (another word you don't understand, I guess). I already told you why your assumption was wrong, but rather than actually alter your argument or respond, you simply repeated yourself, as you did just a post ago again. Your analogies are shit. Your inferences are shit. Everything you've said is a complete load of shit.
    I don't think Genn is the only one in a need of AC to keep cool.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shirtless and swimming trunks from May to September.

I absolutely cannot deal with the heat. No way.. We just had central AC installed (thank god). If I had to go through the summer without AC I imagine I would casually shop really, really slowly at a grocery store every day to keep cool. lmao

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, so you have no argument, but are also completely unwilling to admit fault.
    No, I stopped the discussion, because there is no reason to continue after you lost your self control.

What are these two muppets arguing about?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Something meaningless that spun off a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You don't...

People always act confused when I say I love cold weather... this is why... You can always put on more layers to stay warm, but you can only take off so many to cool down, especially in public, in public if you keep taking layers off eventually you're a felon.
    Exactly what I tell my coworkers. That's why I love the winter months and hate the summer months. While going for a swim or something is great - you can't go every day.

Oh ... and yes, being in an urban area makes everything even worse. Jesus Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Them desert states, yep, been low 70s here for the past week, but the real heat is coming

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Puupi wanted to be argumentative but didn't have the endurance for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Puupi wanted to be argumentative but didn't have the endurance for it.
    The thing is, I've been here long enough to know that when someone resorts to personal insults and flaming, the only thing is to report and move on. That's what moderators say should be done. So I'm not playing with that fire. It's not about endurance.

Lukewarm showers sticking your head in the freezer!

There is a big difference between dry heat and humid heat. Where I live the temperature can get to 90+ F during the day in Summer, then around 5 pm the wind will reverse direction and bring the marine layer with it. The temperature at night can drop into the low 50s.

On the other hand, I have done work in Illinois and Tennessee, and there was not much difference in temperature between daytime and nighttime.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    That reminds me of an awesome joke, which is quite racist so can't tell it here. :S
    EXPOSED yourself!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Iced drinks
    No oven / stovetop cooking
    Be conservative with electronics and turn them off if not using them (TVs, PCs, Lights, etc.)
    Install ceiling fans
    Hookup portable fans
    Take cold showers / bathes
    Get and use shades / curtains in on windows...

etc.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!