Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Meh, i don't really know what i was expecting, and admittedly i have not read a great deal about D2 yet, but from what i've heard im not that excited for what sounds like a £50 expansion to D1.
    I really liked D1 when it first released but got burnt out after a while, so i think i'll probably hold off on buying this one, unless more stuff gets announced that makes me want to buy it.
    I wouldn't want the gun play to change though, the gun play was great in D1 imo.

I guess im just not really seeing the point of D2 unless there is some limitation in D1s engine that means they can't add this stuff to D1 as it is, i don't think a graphical update is really enough of a selling point.
    Its not just an expansion though. I keep seeing people say this but then I wonder what they actually thought bungie was going to do. Did you guys expect them to just scrap everything and reinvent the wheel? They basically took what they felt worked about D1 and then added everything that people felt was missing to D2. Its part 2 of a series lol of course a lot of it is familiar.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    *edit*: brainfarted
    Last edited by Garneth; 2017-05-22 at 03:22 AM.
    I'm HOT for HOTS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Its not just an expansion though. I keep seeing people say this but then I wonder what they actually thought bungie was going to do. Did you guys expect them to just scrap everything and reinvent the wheel? They basically took what they felt worked about D1 and then added everything that people felt was missing to D2. Its part 2 of a series lol of course a lot of it is familiar.
    Is there a list somewhere of new/improved features? All the destiny website has listed is game modes, classes and weapon types, of which the classes listed are the same as D1 and the game modes are the same, and i cannot remember enough about weapon types.

Also im not really complaining, i just don't see the selling point of this game for me currently, but i loved D1 for a while so ill keep my eye on D2, but as it stands i wouldn't pay full price for D2, most likely would pick it up on sale though. But as i say, keep my eye on it, my opinion on it could change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garneth View Post
    I wonder if Activision is doing this because they are eyeing purchasing Bungie from Microsoft and bringing the Bungie team into Blizzard.
    Bungie hasn't been part of Microsoft for 10 years.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-20 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    We all know and realize that we wouldn't get something completely new/different (and most people weren't asking for that anyway). You'd have to be an idiot to think that was going to happen.

However, what we ARE getting at this point is a graphical upgrade and what is, in essence, a large expansion-like addition to the Destiny franchise. Even a lot of the people who went to the gameplay reveal event and got their hands on the game themselves have admitted that it feels more like a large expansion than a true sequel.

It's basically Taken King 2.0 with a visual upgrade. If people can't see that, then there's really no discussion to be had with them.

And this isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I know I'll still be playing D2 on release, because it still looks hella fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garneth View Post
    I wonder if Activision is doing this because they are eyeing purchasing Bungie from Microsoft and bringing the Bungie team into Blizzard.
    Ummmmm.....where have you been? Bungie hasn't been under Microsoft for years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Is there a list somewhere of new/improved features? All the destiny website has listed is game modes, classes and weapon types, of which the classes listed are the same as D1 and the game modes are the same, and i cannot remember enough about weapon types.
    Here are a few links from the Destiny subreddit to help you out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ep_megathread/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._well_most_of/

Honestly, if anyone has any kind of interest in Destiny at all, they should do themselves a favor and check the Destiny subreddit from time to time. Lots of info on there and Bungie employees themselves will post stuff on there from time to time (mainly Deej and Cosmo, but others have as well). It's basically the unofficial Bungie forums at this point (because the official Bungie forums are nothing but a toxic wasteland of douchebags and salty-as-fuck morons).
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-05-20 at 02:42 AM.

They should have made destiny more mmo shooter and less just destiny. There's a reason the first one began to fizzle out so fast...
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    They should have made destiny more mmo shooter and less just destiny. There's a reason the first one began to fizzle out so fast...
    How did that work out for Defiance? Or Firefall? Or any other MMO shooter that has had more MMO in it than what Destiny has?

There's a reason why Bungie doesn't go too far down the MMO rabbit hole. And that's because the casual masses wouldn't find it as appealing as they do now.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good MMO as much as the next person. But even I realize that if they went too far into true MMO territory with Destiny, it would probably bite them in the ass. I know several people on my current Destiny friends list that would probably drop it in a heartbeat if they had to do what most MMOs ask of their players.

You have to realize, Destiny has attracted people from games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc that have never really played MMOs before. You start throwing the kind of stuff at them that most MMOs do, and they'll just leave and go back to playing other FPS games.

And I still LOL at people who say the first Destiny fizzled out. Don't get me wrong, Bungie and their design decisions pissed me off several times throughout Destiny 1. I've also taken several months-long breaks between content releases as well. But Destiny was still a HUGE success with a massive following and more hype for a game than we've seen in a long time.

I think when people say that Destiny 1 "fizzled out", what they really mean is that either A.) it fizzled out for them personally or B.) they just never liked the game from the beginning and feel the need to go on the internet and try to make the game sound bad.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-05-20 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    How did that work out for Defiance? Or Firefall? Or any other MMO shooter that has had more MMO in it than what Destiny has?

There's a reason why Bungie doesn't go to far down the MMO rabbit hole. And that's because the casual masses wouldn't find it as appealing as they do now.
    It didn't workout for defiance or firefall or tabula rasa because they keep fucking up. First game to get it right is gonna be the king, but devs need the balls to go for it. As it is now from what I've observed destiny has pretty well plummeted in popular from where it was because people wanted that mmo shooter experience, just like they've always wanted it, but it failed to deliver.

It didn't workout for defiance or firefall or tabula rasa because they keep fucking up. First game to get it right is gonna be the king, but devs need the balls to go for it. As it is now from what I've observed destiny has pretty well plummeted in popular from where it was because people wanted that mmo shooter experience, just like they've always wanted it, but it failed to deliver.
    Read what else I edited into my above post.

And once again.....lol at you for thinking Destiny failed. It has boasted more players in three years than what most games will ever boast in their entire lifespans.

Not trying to white knight the game. Just pointing out the stupidity/absurdity of the "Destiny failed" comments that I always see on the internet. If the kind of money that Destiny made and the huge amounts of popularity and hype it has had is considered a failure.....well then I don't know what 99% of other games out there are considered. They must all be complete and utter trash that should have never released in the first place because of how badly they do in comparison.

I find that most people who make comments like you only played Destiny during Year 1 and completely left the game after that, never to return. And they're still making their current statements/opinions based off of Year 1.

And FYI, (if I remember correctly) the game has sold something like, 20-30 million copies. Some games don't even break 5-10 million copies sold.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-05-20 at 03:08 AM.

Read what else I edited into my above post.

And once again.....lol at you for thinking Destiny failed. It has boasted more players in three years than what most games will ever boast in their entire lifespans.

Not trying to white knight the game. Just pointing out the stupidity/absurdity of the "Destiny failed" comments that I always see on the internet. If the kind of money that Destiny made and the huge amounts of popularity and hype it has had is considered a failure.....well then I don't know what 99% of other games out there are considered. They must all be complete and utter trash that should have never released in the first place because of how badly they do in comparison.

I find that most people who make comments like you only played Destiny during Year 1 and completely left the game after that, never to return. And they're still making their current statements/opinions based off of Year 1.

And FYI, (if I remember correctly) the game has sold something like, 20-30 million copies. Some games don't even break 5-10 million copies sold.
    Well you'll notice the only use of failed in my posts is failed to deliver not failed as a game. And I said it plummeted in comparison to what it was. So yes it was a great game, and yes it outsold almost every other game there was. But imo it could still have done better.

I'm trying to think of an example but all i got is it's like watching that smart kid do just enough to pass a test with flying colors, but refusing to actually apply himself and instead of ending up with a degree and a full ride scholarship with a job in a fortune 500 company, ends up a base level programmer.

Yea he's doing fine and by all measures is doing better than everyone else, but there's so much wasted potential. And that's what destiny failed to deliver. on all of it's potential.

Well you'll notice the only use of failed in my posts is failed to deliver not failed as a game. And I said it plummeted in comparison to what it was. So yes it was a great game, and yes it outsold almost every other game there was. But imo it could still have done better.

I'm trying to think of an example but all i got is it's like watching that smart kid do just enough to pass a test with flying colors, but refusing to actually apply himself and instead of ending up with a degree and a full ride scholarship with a job in a fortune 500 company, ends up a base level programmer.

Yea he's doing fine and by all measures is doing better than everyone else, but there's so much wasted potential. And that's what destiny failed to deliver. on all of it's potential.
    Did it really though? The thing about bungie is that they're great at being vague as they hype their games so people create the game they want in their own minds rather than see the reality of the game they're getting. They're literally the best in the industry at doing this to people. The game is in no way analogous to a base level programmer or w/e you're trying to say lol. It remains in the top 10 most popular on consoles years after release. I don't even necessarily like Destiny that much but seeing people say it doesn't live up to whatever they created in their minds or act like its some rando average game is hilarious.

Can't say I disagree with that. There was definitely a lot of wasted potential. Especially with what we were told we were getting pre-release and what we actually got post-release.

Having said that, the game has come a long way, and Destiny 2 looks like it is going to continue improving upon the formula. I don't think anyone in their right mind could say that the game hasn't gotten better since launch. Because it most certainly has gotten better. And here's to hoping that it keeps going up from here.

Having said that, the game has come a long way, and Destiny 2 looks like it is going to continue improving upon the formula. I don't think anyone in their right mind could say that the game hasn't gotten better since launch. Because it most certainly has gotten better. And here's to hoping that it keeps going up from here.
    Destiny has definitely gotten better over time, Only took us paying for cut content to do it

But Destiny 2 already shows they haven't learned a few things yet (The shitty community controlled matchmaking system for example). I hope the game does look, but as it stands if I get it it will be after a steep price cut.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Destiny has definitely gotten better over time, Only took us paying for cut content to do it

But Destiny 2 already shows they haven't learned a few things yet (The shitty community controlled matchmaking system for example). I hope the game does look, but as it stands if I get it it will be after a steep price cut.
    Ditto, definitely waiting till its first content update to see if its not a 'fool me once' scenario. This is activision after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This video basically mirrors my feelings for Destiny 2 right now. It looks good from what they've shown us, but then again so did Destiny 1 and we all know how that turned out. But right now Destiny 2 does not feel like a sequel in any real way. Even the fucking UI is the exact same. Definitely feels like an expansion that they're calling a sequel to make people feel like they can jump back in.

So much salt for Destiny, it's amazing how the more popular a game gets the more people complain about it. We have barely seen anything from Destiny 2 yet people already assume the worst. Let's at least wait until E3 where I'm sure they'll talk about it more.

Also you can't call all of Destiny's DLC cut content. Rise of Iron wasn't even supposed to exist it was just something they put together in the span of a few short months when they realized Destiny 2 wasn't going to be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Also you can't call all of Destiny's DLC cut content. Rise of Iron wasn't even supposed to exist it was just something they put together in the span of a few short months when they realized Destiny 2 wasn't going to be ready.
    Your right I can't, But I can say all the content before it was cut content and that was backed up by the former dev interview and even dev videos shown early before its release.

Also why is it amazing how more popular a game is that it gets more people complaining about said game. That is basic math, A game that has 4 people who know about it will have less people pissed then a game with a million.

Lots of people (Myself included) felt burned by Destiny 1, So yes we are going to criticize Destiny 2 and wait to see how the final product holds up.

Edit: Also there was ZERO reason why Rise of Iron couldn't release on last gen consoles. That also was a dick move, They released Destiny 1 on last gen and should have supported it fully. Not go well you spend a shit ton of money but your not getting the last content update. But here buy from our cash shop..
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-05-20 at 07:43 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Edit: Also there was ZERO reason why Rise of Iron couldn't release on last gen consoles. That also was a dick move, They released Destiny 1 on last gen and should have supported it fully. Not go well you spend a shit ton of money but your not getting the last content update. But here buy from our cash shop..
    They explained that in order to add more content to the game on last gen consoles they would have had to remove existing content to make space so they decided to just not bother especially since the player base for last gen consoles was considerably smaller than on current gen.

Nevermind the horrid UI loading times that many last gen console users complained about.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    They explained that in order to add more content to the game on last gen consoles they would have had to remove existing content to make space so they decided to just not bother especially since the player base for last gen consoles was considerably smaller than on current gen.
    And yet DCUO makes content just fine for last gen and its a full MMO. Ya I'm not buying there exclusive, The dev team has lied enough about Destiny One to show they are not worth trusting.

Once again my main reason to wait and see how D2 turn's out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Nevermind the horrid UI loading times that many last gen console users complained about.
    Load times was shit for both last gen and current.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-05-20 at 09:44 PM.