Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    World of Warcraft generates way too much revenue. They're not going to shut it down anytime soon.
    I thought WoW is dying and conspiracy theorist threads are against the forum rules?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I thought WoW is dying and conspiracy theorist threads are against the forum rules?
    Only when they're posted by people the mods don't like!

We do not have a conspiracy to end WoW and we won't. I hate to break it to you but when the end (not saying its now, soon, or not) comes they will not R&D expansions to "convince" people to quit before they ditch WoW. They will just announce "its over" in some fashion and that will be the end of it. Makes zero sense at all to spend millions of dollars to ease a fall of something that you deem no longer worth the money to invest in to create revenue. So when the end comes just expect to see them to say you wouldn't be getting expansions anymore and then expect servers to stay up for a good long while after that (years and years). You just won't get new content. At this point, or a point shortly after (years possible here) you might find some cash grabs using WoW. For example legacy servers and such might appear for a fee / box purchase / comes with maintaining your sub or some other example of getting cash we haven't see yet for example.

my thoughts are OP is smoking is name - crack because this isn't happening.

please don't smoke crack and post on mmo-c.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason they would ever have to shut down WoW is if they made WoW2, WoW is simply too big of a revenu stream... They would not intentionally kill that.

So, unless they are weaning people off WoW 1 to make the transition into 2 less painful (for all the "I lost my transmogs/mounts/achievements/whatever" people), then no... The devs arent intentionally dropping subs... They just keep making changes they think will be good, which usually end up being horrible, and then they don't admit it was a failure and go back.

To me, it seems like they are trying to make an MMORPG that appeals to non-MMORPG players, which is silly. It's an MMORPG, stop trying to make it something it isn't.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-20 at 01:57 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Genuine conspiracy theories aren't allowed. This is just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    They're still running Diablo 2 servers. How much money do you think that is making them in 2017?

They' re still running diablo 1 and warcraft 2 servers

As long as a couple hundred thousand people are willing to pay for subs they'll keep the game going for the sake of making money, since that seems to be all they care about in terms of WoW now. They'll slowly cut off development, cut jobs, merge more and more servers together. They'll only shut down WoW if they're no longer making a profit, which is very unlikely to happen any time soon.

This conspiracy is simply wrong considering as of WoD they already said they have at least 10 more years of WoW already planned out.

Deleted
    Plenty of commentators have understood my post as linear process where WoW starts from point A and ends at point B.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough explaining my core idea.

I agree that my personal view of game design for last expansions can't really represent that Blizzard actually is preparing people to lost their interest of this game.

Since more detailed statistics like age diapason of players, reason why people are playing etc. are not available it's almost impossible to 100% tell the truth behind Blizzard marketing. Speculation is only way how to at least move to some direction.

Mentioning that WoW will be up for 10 years or what so ever really doesn't answer my question ''Is Blizzard preparing people to lost their interest of this game?''

Of course factor that they still have profit is only financial reason why they even care of this game. It's business and there can be many creative ideas under the business plan. Perhaps one of the business plans for a long run is to lower player base. We will never know since such numbers for mortals are not available.
    Last edited by mmoc4077b81961; 2017-05-20 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Of course factor that they still have profit is only financial way why they even care of this game. It's business and there can be many creative ideas under the business plan. Perhaps one of the business plans for a long run is to lower player base. We will never know since such numbers for mortals are not available.
    Slow clap as you have hit a new level of low intellect.

And i thought russians at Dota were the least intellectual animals.

A business plan to lose subscribers.

Best plan ever.

Deleted
    As long as new expacs sell to 10 million customers, blizzard surely will not stop game development.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if someone else has ever thought about this, perhaps..but..

What IF Blizzard is preparing most hardcore and loyal players/fans lose interest of the game?

I mean it sounds actually so strange and even insane and at the same time makes sense.

What would actually happen if they would close the game instantly? ''Sorry all,we are not able to provide development of this game any more, we are shutting WoW down now. Bye! '' How many would lose their minds and start to judge the company of such move. Still compared to other MMOs WoW used to have and even now have a LOT players!

Population of WoW players are decreasing each year since Wrath of the Lich King. Perhaps that's the plan, kill game slowly so people don't go insane?

Your thoughts?
    Wouldn't be so sudden, would be pre-announcements, as well as a most likely, "farewell" event. Even at so, there's thousands (I guess, I know at least of a few hundred) whom has paid for 2+ years of gametime with tokens, those would as well have to be dealt with first.

And I don't believe Blizzard would be, "Kthx, bb" and then pull the plug. If people would go 'insane' it would be because they couldn't accept that the world would shutdown in 6+ months after announcing it.

And I don't believe Blizzard has a 'We have to say goodnight' plan.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Slow clap as you have hit a new level of low intellect.

And i thought russians at Dota were the least intellectual animals.

A business plan to lose subscribers.

Best plan ever.
    Do you actually have access to see what actually is happening with their finances besides profit they earn?

Do you actually have access to see what's actually is happening with their finances besides profit they earn?
    Do you even have the basic intellect required about economics?

A business in the stock market, intentionally losing money.

Are you for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mentioning that WoW will be up for 10 years or what so ever really doesn't answer my question ''Is Blizzard preparing people to loste their interest of this game?''
    I can say one phrase, "Wouldn't be in Blizzard's interest due to investors and time used on it".

Of course factor that they still have profit is only financial reason why they even care of this game. It's business and there can be many creative ideas under the business plan. Perhaps one of the business plans for a long run is to lower player base. We will never know since such numbers for mortals are not available.
    I have my doubts, really. Has nothing to do with the unknown numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you actually have access to see what actually is happening with their finances besides profit they earn?
    Pretty sure Blizzard told you about that last announcement they did, on how things was going, just without the subscriber numbers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Do you even have the basic intellect required about economics?

A business in the stock market, intentionally losing money.

Are you for real.
    They lose subscribers.

They have lost way too many customers past years. Perhaps you can't imagine what this means for the business where income is decreasing in such a short time?

I'm not saying it is actually a plan for them. Of course it's not logical to concentrate for lower incomes in the future but this is what is happening now. They lose people.

Do you think Blizzard hates money? They just further invested in WoW by letting the token purchase Destiny 2. WoW players are further rewarded by letting them us it and only it's currency to purchase anything that they sell online. So the players are happy and Blizzard it thrilled because now they have found a way to turn 15 dollars into 20 and have both consumer parties involved do it with a smile on their face.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They lose subscribers.

They have lost way too many customers past years. Perhaps you can't imagine what this means for the business where income is decreasing in such a short time?

I'm not saying it is actually a plan for them. Of course it's not logical to concentrate for lower incomes in the future but this is what is happening now. They lose people.
    Again, ANY CLUE ABOUT ECONOMICS?

ITS A COMPANY, THEY HAVE 10 GAMES.

While WoW lost some subscribers the other games have given them more money than ever before in their what? 25 years of existing as a company?

Again since you seem to be clueless.

People are not quitting cause "game this and game that",people always quit back when the game had 12 million.

There is no new blood cause the game is considered archaic in the pool of kids now days.

Which they drew in with Overwatch and Hearthstone.

They lose subscribers.

Income isn't decreasing, just subscriptions. They have found multiple ways to get money out of the player base going beyond subscriptions alone.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."