Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Dont like it? dont Whine.

Make your own groups.
    Stop whining, read the post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I understand this but then blizzard should add an max ilvl cap to "lower skill" content because atm if you fall behind you're gone unless you know people.
    yup but you are already behind gearing curve - better luck next expansion because this one you are already fucked and wont join any decent groups.

no point trying you will never catch up unless you have friends to boost you.

thats the sad reality of casual wow gameplay - this game above lfr / hc dungeons is catered only to hardcore besementdwellers

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?.
    Its more then enough, I am also ilvl 882.

Just keep trying to find groups.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's not exactly bashing to tell you that you can in fact get more geared than you think faster than you have been, I know as I've done it. Frankly I don't care if you believe me or not, I'll just be sitting here playing my druid who hit 110 last month, and already has the artifact challenge done because broken shore gearing is nuts.
    1 month and a couple of days is a big difference..

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Why would you, as a raid leader, invite someone (and risk him being horrible) with 880 or something ilvl to NH heroic (or even normal, doesn't matter) if you can EASILY and LITERALLY IN SECONDS get full raid of 905+?

These are not charity or boost raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    By the sound of it they are boost raids for the ones who make them and ask for 900+
    Well, smart people check raidleaders too if they don't want to boost them, but most of the time the leader is also very high-leveled and just want to clear fast for AP and legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Please state the % of difference in dps and damage output between the ilvls 880 and ilvls 900. Thanks.
    Heavily dependent on the player and the spec, but I would say it's at least 30% of dps, even more if the stat balance is managed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Heavily dependent on the player and the spec, but I would say it's at least 30% of dps, even more if the stat balance is managed properly.
    If the stat balance is managed properly a ilvl 880 player can out dps a ilvl 900 by huge amount..
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-05-20 at 09:20 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

900 on a rogue can be the 870 of a mage easily.
    I really doubt it, unless the mage is absolutely horrible. The difference in ilvl is too big.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If the stat balance is managed properly a ilvl 880 player and out dps a ilvl 900 by huge amount..
    What's your point here? Yes, some players play better than the others, but ilvl is just a fail-proof cushion.

Prety much what people said. Go with friends, make a tank or healer or make a "fake ilv".
    Fake ilv is gear that even tho got shity stats for your class gives you very hight iten lv. Join like that and equip your normal gear after.
    One thing is for sure, we see many people with 900 ilv that have no ideia wtf they doing but the i lv is already hight so the dps isnt so low as expected

What's your point here? Yes, some players play better than the others, but ilvl is just a fail-proof cushion.
    My example proves it isn't fail-proof. Even more so since it isn't all that hard to get near or right at ilvl 900.

Know what is fail proof? Looking at achievements and gear. See if the ilvl 900 guy is in junk gear (shit trinkets) and the ilvl 880 guy isn't.

Do you not realize a HUGE amount of the playerbase boosts there ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    If your class is capable of it, try going healer or tank. Your ilvl will matter less. I've been invited into 900+ groups with <880 gear on my healer alt. That said, having a +15 achievement and lots of mythic experience also helps my case.

If your class isn't capable of healing or tanking, then either keep trying, find a guild/group to run with, or make your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Lmfao my friend, im an ilvl 915+ rogue in a top 10 US guild and i get declined from M+
    I mean I wouldn't want an NA player in any kind of group in any game either so meh.

My example proves it isn't fail-proof. Even more so since it isn't all that hard to get near or right at ilvl 900.

Know what is fail proof? Looking at achievements and gear. See if the ilvl 900 guy is in junk gear (shit trinkets) and the ilvl 880 guy isn't.

Do you not realize a HUGE amount of the playerbase boosts there ilvl?
    I wouldn't say "HUGE", but I agree. But you still can't really measure the skill of the player without playing with him. Much bigger % of the playerbase are playing on their alts too and you can't wowprogress-check them easily.

I wouldn't say "HUGE", but I agree. But you still can't really measure the skill of the player without playing with him. Much bigger % of the playerbase are playing on their alts too and you can't wowprogress-check them easily.
    Nope but u can right click and compare achievements.

Look and see the dates on achievements. I got the base achievement for killing Gul'Dan before LFR came out. So someone seeing that and knowing the date knows that I have at lease killed the boss before LFR.

Then seeing I got AOTC for Heroic EN and TOV shows I have enough experience to do those. Ya you can tell when someone has bought a achievement as well or at lease make a guess on if they did.

The problem is people request high ilvl's so they don't have to do the leg work to inspect a player and see if they may be good. I was in a heroic TOV the other day and I was the lowest ilvl (880) the rest was 890+ and guess what. Nobody knew jack shit about the fights and we wiped at 20% on the first boss.

Only ones up in that phase was me a couple dps and one tank/healer. Like I said lots use ilvl as a scapegoat so they don't have to put in the leg work to see if a player is worth taking or not.

Hell lots don't even inspect the gear.

The problem is people request high ilvl's so they don't have to do the leg work to inspect a player and see if they may be good.
    Well, yeah. Isn't it kinda obvious?

Hey

I recently took a 6 month break from wow because I got hooked a bit on Overwatch, and I wanted to play a little d3, so I kinda let wow go for a bit.
    I've since returned to wow, in a more casual way, but I'd still like to do things in game with involves raids or higher tier mythic dungeons.

I understand the path of progression and I shouldn't expect to raid mythic guldan as soon as I rejoined the game.
    But when I find myself struggling to get into regular mythic groups, it discourages me into even try to ask for groups for mythic+ or raids.
    I see stuff like "900+ for mythic+ 6", which is very insane. I understand the speed element of mythic+, but come on, the same goes for normal nighthold btw, 900+?
    I remember a post from a blizzard employee about the wq rewards and it should give you ilvl enough do nighthold normal.

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    You don't have to join every group. Instead of complaining about not getting into the group with all 900s, why not look for a group of 880s? Or start your own? Everyone has a right to start a group and set the requirements however they like. If other players like the group you made, they join. If not, they don't. It's called freedom of choice and I thank Blizz for setting it up this way.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would perhaps understand demanding something around 900 ilvl for NH HC, but 890 is enough for this. Same goes for mythic+, they all demand such high ilvl because the expansion is going on for a while now and getting ilvl 900 isn't a big feet anymore.

But you're right that i also have seen groups that go like m+ 8 and demand 900 ilvl, which is really dumb, often you will also join raid groups where the leader himself either does no dmg/heal at all and isn't even ilvl 900.

Just try more, maybe get some friends that have around that ilvl and will help you get your gear further up, you could also try to get some ilvl via PVP.
    Sig by Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What do you expect really? There is a shitton of ilvl 900+ DPS. Why take anything less than that when people literally throw themselves at your group.

Tip? Either make your own groups or roll a tank - tanks are in high demand and things like lower ilvl are easily overlooked there.

- - - Updated - - -

He is completely right, when you have a sea of damage dealers queuing, I see no reason to take anything like that. Charity?
    You do realise this is not the real world, it's a game, a virtual world, entertainment... There is nothing REAL at stake here..., or is there?

Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?
    I mean we require people(alts/socials) to be 890+ for our heroic casual runs since that's pretty much where you get after hitting 110 now...

Getting randoms under 900 ilvl is simply unfathomable since they will be bad players in 99% of the cases and a bad 900 ilvl player is better than a bad 882 ilvl player. The 882 ilvl player also seems like someone that's not playing that much and doesn't really care about the game so the chances are they are worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    You do realise this is not the real world, it's a game, a virtual world, entertainment... There is nothing REAL at stake here..., or is there?
    Time. Time is the real life resource you spend playing video games. I found that being bad at what you do means you'll spend a lot more time doing that.

Nope but u can right click and compare achievements.

Look and see the dates on achievements. I got the base achievement for killing Gul'Dan before LFR came out. So someone seeing that and knowing the date knows that I have at lease killed the boss before LFR.

Then seeing I got AOTC for Heroic EN and TOV shows I have enough experience to do those. Ya you can tell when someone has bought a achievement as well or at lease make a guess on if they did.

The problem is people request high ilvl's so they don't have to do the leg work to inspect a player and see if they may be good. I was in a heroic TOV the other day and I was the lowest ilvl (880) the rest was 890+ and guess what. Nobody knew jack shit about the fights and we wiped at 20% on the first boss.

Only ones up in that phase was me a couple dps and one tank/healer. Like I said lots use ilvl as a scapegoat so they don't have to put in the leg work to see if a player is worth taking or not.

Hell lots don't even inspect the gear.
    Yes, that's a good idea.
    Or you know, you could just set ridiculously high itemlevel and fill your raid even quicker without all that hazzle.