Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nope. This system will reduce the viable specs to 4 at best and 1 at worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, yes it is, all specs are viable, they maybe arnt the BEST
    but they are viable, go back to vanilla when specs like fire would do literally no damage in molten core, they were not viable
    I think the class forums will want to have a discussion about that. No, actually the game is perfectly unbalanced, and some classes and specs dominate a special gameplay. And that is not going to change no matter what talent and skill system is in place.

It's the very nature of a MMORPG. Where you want to combine competition with immersion, which just oppose each other.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-05-20 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Thank you, i prefer to stick to World of Warcraft and Azeroth.

Yeah, and balance in world of warcraft also is a mess. Or do you pretend that every class and spec is as viable in every gameplay?

No concept will ever be able to balance classes in a MMORPG. Even considering the fact that perfect balance is a dull system.

More viable than every class in AA, if you think WoW's balance is a mess you'd be in for a hell of a rude awakening if you played Archeage.

Like I already said,

We need class structure to give reasonable limitations, but I think we need to go back to the old Vanilla/BC/WotLK talent system... It allowed for more actual customization than we have now.

It is a... Compromise between what you want and something with more structure, and we know it works because we used it for 6 years.
    Structure isn't a bad thing unless there is too much, right now we have too much, the vanilla talent trees were a good balance between structure and freedom.

Compete freedom in talent choice would be too much, Warcraft has historically always had "classes", which were mostly based on the hero units in WC3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Actually, the game lives from massive changes. If the game stays the same, people would leave it.
    They will also leave if you change too much... Look what happened to Feral Druids this expansion... They quit in droves because Blizzard butchered their spec.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Inagine all the sleepless nights that all elitists will have to go throwgh in order to find the best spec combination...we used to have that back in bc and wotlk ( remmver demo/ aff lock or blood/frost dk)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more interested in an FF-XIV like system, were one character can essentially switch classes freely.

This would be far too big a change in an old game or even an addon though. This is a "make a new game" class of change.

I have always been a fan of this idea. Ever since I played an mmo a few years back where I could be a rogue wielding fire magics or shadow magics. However, like someone said, this cannot happen in wow. You're not talking about reworking the talent system. You're talking about reworking the entire core of the game to make multiple classes able to transition into Many different forms. That would be far more balance then what they have now, and a very large task no doubt. They would have to make everything balanced. "What if this priest wants to be more paladin like with some shadow? What about with Holy?" That would effectively double the balancing needed for that class and would almost ensure that it would all be cookie cutter builds.

I love the idea. Its just that WoW cannot do it. Its not something that can simply be added into a long standing mmo. Its a feature that would have to be around and balanced since day 1. It would require an entirely different mindset from the class devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I liked the talen tree from PoE most. If Talent trees had remained as they looked back before MoP; there might have been potential for the WoW talent tree to do the same. Talents such as increasing fire or frost damage would be in the area of the tree near to where for example, mages and shaman start...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    No just no thats not a transition thats can be made it would require the game to be rebuild around that structure of play I guess you can hope for that kind of system in whatever next game they do but it will never work for world of warcraft.
    exactly this. waaaaay to far away.

In an ideal world, you pick fun talents and everything works out. Business as normal. Nothing changed.

In another world...

-- Pick Cloth Armor Talent.
    -- Pick DPS Role Talent.
    -- Pick Shadow Magic Talent.
    (Several talents later.)

*Feels optimistic about build, looks at result.*

"Survey says... Shadow Priest! Oh, were you hoping for Affliction Warlock? Too bad, you need to pick the BORING talent to be that!"

*Insert endless screaming into the abyss.*

Im strictly against this, not only for WoW, but for all RPGs. I really like classes that distinctly differentiate from each other!

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    We need class structure to give reasonable limitations, but I think we need to go back to the old Vanilla/BC/WotLK talent system... It allowed for more actual customization than we have now. Make no mistake, the talent system was changed to what it is now to dumb down the game for the masses, nothing more.
    Not so true either,since it'll just be going back to cookie cutter builds

Ah yes, we totally need every melee to be reta.. I mean furry warriors for this patch, all tanks to be bears and ranged to be affliction warlock. Sure thing.

Besides, ESO is a game that, if memory serves me right, is castrated for the console market already and you can only have a very limited amount of abilities on your bars. I find limiting games like that utterly asinine.

Also changing classes freely would be bad, it would loose the class identity. You can ask for a mage to become a warrior, or a warrior to be a Lock is just not coll. WOW is a mmorpg. Class and race combos also does not allow it and i like those combos. Makes 0 Sense for a tauren to be a rogue lol
    Last edited by HeiAggra; 2017-05-20 at 09:50 AM.

We need class structure to give reasonable limitations, but I think we need to go back to the old Vanilla/BC/WotLK talent system... It allowed for more actual customization than we have now. Make no mistake, the talent system was changed to what it is now to dumb down the game for the masses, nothing more.
    Yes, I just loved the old talent systems. Getting to choose between 2/4/6 energy off my mangles or 5/10 seconds off the cooldown of my stun and another 1% crit to be able to count to 50 to get my final talent was definitely the epitome of customization.

This sounds absolutely retarded. I'm sorry but it does. So in your perfect world we'll be see flying undead demons shooting lighting bolts at the enemy whilst casting tranquility.. yeah , no thx.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    This sounds absolutely retarded. I'm sorry but it does. So in your perfect world we'll be see flying undead demons shooting lighting bolts at the enemy whilst casting tranquility.. yeah , no thx.
    o.O i want that perfect world!
    ahhh maybe not, the tought of having gnomes that would be druids.... coff coff METAL FURRRR!

Deleted
    The class system is what ruined ESO for me. I wanted to play a non-magicka nord barbarian like in Skyrim, but simple weapon skill build is really fucking dull and has zero survivability. Every "class" in ESO is actually written and built on a magicka user archetype. I'm a fan of simple classes like warrior, rogue, mage etc with open talent system.

No ty, then people will all just build around the best build and everyone will be an archer paladin of darkness. (Which sounds stupid af.)

Why do people keep saying that? He is still a priest... Until we see him in plate armor, he is still a priest.

So... What Paladins could already do before the talent tree remake, when we could spec partially into Ret or Prot while being mainly Holy, or partially into Holy as Ret or Prot, or partially into Prot as Ret, etc.

I don't just think that would be a fucking trainwreck, I KNOW it would be, there is a private server that does this, and it IS a fucking trainwreck.

Which one out of interest, I quite like the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    No ty, then people will all just build around the best build and everyone will be an archer paladin of darkness. (Which sounds stupid af.)
    I want to be a Archer of warrior demons