Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    People should do whatever they feel comfortable with. Personally, I find it incredibly unattractive.
    I agree with this, with the exception I do not find it unattractive. On women. Not attracted to men that way, so can not say. It does serve a useful purpose. Just like it does on other parts of the body. I have never or plan to, shave my arm pits. Only place on a women I would find hair unattractive would be a mustache, nose hair or too much on the legs. But like Revi has said, it is a personal choice, not going to look down on those who have a different opinion than I do on this subject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why are you upset about....everything?
    I forgot to give him his happy pills.

Brb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree with this, with the exception I do not find it unattractive. On women. Not attracted to men that way, so can not say. It does serve a useful purpose. Just like it does on other parts of the body. I have never or plan to, shave my arm pits. Only place on a women I would find hair unattractive would be a mustache, nose hair or too much on the legs. But like Revi has said, it is a personal choice, not going to look down on those who have a different opinion than I do on this subject.
    Not surprised a fellow feline lover loves a little (Pit) Fuzz too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post

This man is the law, he decides, we obey.

I'm completely OK with this trend. Doesn't bother me one bit. Given enough time it will be seen as the norm again and life will continue to move along as it always has. If a woman wants to shave, OK. If she doesn't, OK.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    You got 2ez'd lol.
    So did you. Sarcasm4President.

Nasty as fuck on women. I'm always glad that my wife just has very little body hair naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I've never shaved my armpits. I bet it's not easy. Looks like they trim them somewhat, definitely not simian.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ow-dont-shave/

Almost one in four young women have stopped shaving their underarms, figures show.

Research by analysts Mintel shows that there has been a steady decline in millennial women removing hair from their legs and underarms.

In 2013 95 per cent of women aged 16 to 24 said they removed hair from their underarms. In 2016, this had dropped to just 77 per cent.

Leg-shaving is also falling out of fashion - in 2013 92 per cent said they shaved their legs, a proportion which had fallen to 85 per cent in 2016.

Industry figures show that sales of shaving and hair removal products fell by 5 per cent between 2015 and 2016, from £598m to an estimated £567m.

Roshida Khanom, associate director in beauty and personal care at Mintel, said that women were influenced by the wellness movement.

Products such as shaving foam and hair removal cream are perceived to be bad for the skin, leading women to shun them in favour of natural beauty products.

"Clean eating is behind some of those changes. They're worried about causing irritation from their skin because of these products.

"We can also see that they're doing other things instead - so 29 per cent say they're adding steps to their skincare routine.

Miley Cyrus speaks onstage during the 2015 Inspiration Gala New York
    Miley Cyrus is another celebrity who has shown off hairy armpits CREDIT: KEVIN TACHMAN /WIREIMAGE
    "There's also some pushing back against societal expectations of what women should look like," she said.

The "free from" trend, which sees women rejecting chemicals in favour of natural products, has been influential, with 53 per cent of women saying they only use products with "natural" ingredients.

Prominent food bloggers including Ella Woodward have written about using natural beauty products.

The writer, who has been a central part of the "wellness" trend, which champions natural ingredients in food, wrote in a post in 2014 that she uses coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, honey and spirulina as part of her beauty routine.

Ms Khanom added that other trends have taken precedence over shaving. Women are increasingly likely to spend money on contouring products and coloured cosmetics popularised by beauty bloggers and celebrities including Kim Kardashian, in an effort to express their creativity.

A feminist push back against the removal of body hair has also influenced women's choices.

Julia Roberts famously attended the premiere of Notting Hill in 1999 with unshaven armpits.

More recently Madonna's 20-year-old daughter Lourdes was pictured on a beach in Miami with her armpit hair on show.

Growth in menswear is outstripping growth in women's clothing. Figures show that the menswear market grew by 2.8 per cent while sales of women's clothes grew by an estimated 1.3 per cent - the lowest level in five years.

Women's spending on handbags had also slowed, with growth of 2.6 per cent in 2016 compared to 5.3 per cent in 2015.

"The sector has been hit by a combination of factors including a slower pace of growth at the luxury end of the market and a continuing shift away from people spending their extra money on fashion items to spending more on leisure," the British Lifestyles report said.

Men's increasing interest in image has driven growth in sales of conditioner, the report added.

70 per cent of men aged 16-24 now say that they use conditioner, an increase from 44 per cent in 2015.
    I'll keep my pits shaved if you shave your back!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    I'll keep my pits shaved if you shave your back!
    Yup. One can definitely shave one's own back.

This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Not surprised a fellow feline lover loves a little (Pit) Fuzz too.
    Lol. Yep. Purrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I've been shaving my arm pits basically ever since I started growing hair there. Unless you have a skin condition there is no reason not to do it.

Everyone is free to do what ever they want with their body hair, but hairy pits are FUCKING DISGUSTING for both men and women.
    There is no reason to do it you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaving your armpits takes about 20 sec per arm. Shaving everything (legs, armpits, arms, butt and front) takes about 5 mins. Personally I think 5 minutes ain't much of your life when you shave twice a week + special occasions. Also the feeling after shaving is awesome But since I don't care that my man has lots of body hair, I would not care if I dated woman who is not shaving. I shave because it's easy and feels good and clean afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    While I personally don't find arm pit hair to be attractive on a woman, it is her body, and she may choose to have hair, or not have hair, where ever she pleases.

That said, it doesn't mean I am required to date a woman who does not shave, and i'm sure there are many who feel the same way. So take that for what it is worth.
    Couldn't have said this better myself. No one can stop a lady from not shaving, but there are some lady folk who get uppity about men refusing to date hairy women. Hairless is just more attractive to most people. Some might call it shallow, but everybody has superficial attractions, and everybody has a limit for such things too.

I guess not shaving makes some people feel like they're rebelling against beauty standards? If you do this and it makes you feel happy with yourself, more power to you, but for me at least, shaving is more of a hygiene thing (although arm hair isnt that big of a deal imo). First the problem was obesity being unattractive, now body hair. Next thing you know, these same women will get mad that men are only attracted to people who brush their teeth and take showers.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2017-05-20 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    So did you. Sarcasm4President.
    Uh, naw. You had a serious rebuttal because you were clearly an offended hairy pitted woman.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

i dont mind a bit of armpit hair as long as ladies shave all of the rest of their places. As for myself i only have like 10 hairs on my chest naturally and very few armpit hairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the few things I'd consider myself old fashioned about. I think body hair is hot on guys (generally) and disgusting on women.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Uh, naw. You had a serious rebuttal because you were clearly an offended hairy pitted woman.
    And you're clearly a dirt-poor, pot-bellied pig. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Women AND men should shave their pits. Shit looks gross and smells like ass.
    If you have a proper hygiene it doesn't stink. use an anti perspirant if you have a bad smell = problem solved.

I shave my armpits (female), but I find it hilarious how freakin' terrified and disgusted people are by such a natural thing as bodyhair. I mean is everyone 15 years old on this forum these days?

As long as a woman doesn't care about being thought of as attractive...

Deleted
    Women can do whatever they want with their bodies, so I don't really care if they shave or not. What irks me is men having this weird double standard that women have to shave because it's unhygienic and disgusting but men don't have to. Like, what?