View Poll Results: Tinkers as the next class?

Voters
937. This poll is closed
  • Yes - If done correctly

330 35.22%
  • No - Tinkers make no sense

340 36.29%
  • Maybe - If done correctly

122 13.02%
  • Other - Stated below

15 1.60%
  • Don't give a fuck either way

130 13.87%
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To be honest, they have enough issues balancing the specs they already have without piling more on top. Let alone theres not really close to the demand for playable DHs, and it would necessarily be tied to 2 of the least popular races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about Tinkers specifically, but we're due for a ranged class anytime now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    To be honest, they have enough issues balancing the specs they already have without piling more on top. Let alone theres not really close to the demand for playable DHs, and it would necessarily be tied to 2 of the least popular races.
    While Gnomes and Goblins are the least played races, there is a high demand for players to be able to pilot and fight inside a mech. Reaves piloted combat module is torturous to get and has insane restrictions, but people want it Anyway. I'm willing to bet that people would be willing to roll a Goblin or Gnome if they got to fight inside a sweet mech loaded with crazy tech weapons.

Also if I'm not mistaken, the Sky Golem and Felsteel Annihilator are among the most popular mounts in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    IMO, they'd wear an existing armor type (probably mail) while the "mech" would have its own appearance, not unlike druids and their tier sets and forms.
    Maybe, but that's a stretch that doesn't really do anything for the immersion. "Hey, you're wearing mail and carrying a sword; don't worry your mech adds 250% more armor and you'll hit things with your saw blade hands!" I guess it really wouldn't be any different than Druids, but I don't see it happening. They should have learned from the Druids, people want to see their characters change as they get better stuff, and a mech might as well be Druid forms 2.0, where you literally never see change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Nice try, but I never made that argument.
    You did. Here:
    Is it that difficult for Mekkatorque or Blackfuse to construct a combat module? Nope.
    It's heavily implied so when it's not hard for them to build such a module.

It's what I said that Blackfuse and Mekkatorque arent going around the world looking for parts for a single combat module to build an inferior mech.
    Fine. Prove it. Prove that they don't go around the world looking for parts for their creations.

The Iron Juggernaut is leaps and bounds more advanced and powerful than Reaves in combat mode.
    So many claims, little to no evidence.

It makes perfect sense; You suck at building Mechs so the mech you build are loaded with flaws and drawbacks (gameplay restrictions).
    You seem to have the same logical sense of someone who spend decades tripping on LSD and acid. What possible flaws and/or drawbacks would ever explain the mech not being useable outside the Broken Isles?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I'd prefer Warden but to be honest, they are getting so many classes and having trouble managing all of them even in PVE, PVP is a whole different story and bag of problems.
    This guy gets it. The game can hardly be balanced around what we have now. More content, less of this crap. This on top of needing to fix many classes now would only break everything again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You did. Here:It's heavily implied so when it's not hard for them to build such a module. Fine. Prove it. Prove that they don't go around the world looking for parts for their creations.
    It's proven because combat mechs are extremely common in Goblin and Gnome societies.

However, I never argued that. I said that getting the parts were a torturous experience. It isn't torturous because you have to go around the world, It's torturous because you have to venture into raids an inordinate amount of times to obtain items with low drop rates. Even after you obtain all the parts, you can only use the module a limited amount of times, and have to get the parts all over again. Again, more work for worse results which is a gameplay representation of how you're not on the level of Gnome and Goblin geniuses lore-wise.

So many claims, little to no evidence.
    The Iron Juggernaut has better armor and better weapons. Look it up. Blackfuse also invented the Predictive Combat Operations Databank, something you can't invent, so you have try to get it off a busted Juggernaut.

You seem to have the same logical sense of someone who spend decades tripping on LSD and acid. What possible flaws and/or drawbacks would ever explain the mech not being useable outside the Broken Isles?
    LoL! It doesn't need to be explained. The point is that the flaws and drawbacks exist, and they're there to represent the LORE that your mech is an inferior piece of machinery compared to those built by Gnome and Goblin geniuses. A Tinker class' mech wouldn't have those flaws or drawbacks because YOU would be playing as a Gnome or Goblin genius.
    Last edited by Rhamses; 2017-05-20 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Only tinkerers like the idea of tinkerers, blizz themselves have said flat fucking no.

YOU WILL NEVER GET THIS FUCKING RETARDED CLASS, DEAL WITH IT.
    Irony has it that we've kept saying the same for DHs for quite a while. And then BAM.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Yes, let's talk about Reaves Piloted Combat mode;

So. You're an engineer. You got a cave, a box of scraps...
    igotthatreference.jpg

So, Reaves is to Tinkers in the same way Warlock Meta was to Demon Hunters. A poor, limited reflection of what could be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its hilarious that people actually believe that Tinkers make no sense in WoW.

Both the Gnome and Goblin faction leaders have piloted combat mechs in the game.
    Marin Noggenfogger pilots a modified Shredder that torches demons during the Legion invasions in Tanaris.
    Gazlowe pilots a modified Shredder during the legion invasions in the Barrens.
    There's multiple examples of Gnomes piloting mechs in Gnomeregan.
    Thermaplugg and Steamrigger are two Gnome bosses that piloted mechs.
    Helix Blackfuse piloted a mech in MoP, and designed the Iron Reaver (eventually piloted by an Orc).
    Mech piloting is so common among the Goblins that they have a sport base on it on Kezan.

Frankly the only thing that makes no sense about this class concept is that people actually believes it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not my logic because I'm comparing two things that exist in the same era, while you are comparing two things that were created in different eras.

Except nothing of it is the orcs' achievement. They were 'uplifted' by the goblin engineers who created all the designs, schematics and plans, and then taught the orcs how to build them.
    Then what does "rough shipbuilding" mean, because that sounds like you are writing off the Iron Horde's aircraft carriers and submarines as low tech in order to ignore the fact that at least one orc was shown in-game to be able to design sophisticated machines.

They cannot, because, in the lore, they are one and the same: both are characters who focus their efforts on creating and tinkering with machines. I have not yet heard any reasonable argument that explains how the two are different. "One invents, the other follow schematics" is not a valid argument because engineers can 'invent' (i.e. learn how to create things themselves, without the need of someone to teach them).
    It's not just that. Engineers in WoW have "day jobs", their class, that interferes with their ability to be a full time tinker.

If tinkers are implemented, the difference will be thus: An engineer is like the pharmacist who rebuilds an old Chevy in his garage on the weekends, while a tinker is the guy designing new motors at BMW. Sure, they both "work on cars", but only one of them does it professionally.

The only thing we can say for certain is that we can't say Blizzard can't ever add tinkers as a class. (Not until the game ends, at least.)

Could happen. I think it'll be 2 more expansions before the next class though!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Frankly the only thing that makes no sense about this class concept is that people actually believes it makes no sense.
    Well, back in the days some folks got lost in the weeds trying to say demon hunters couldn't exist, so this shouldn't be surprising.

WoW just adds whatever classes that Diablo 3 adds.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No Tinker class ever. We already have them. The players. And if you think it's all about piloting mechs, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    When I think Tinker, in WoW, I think of this guy:

I could see Tinkers having 2 roles. Tank (Melee or Ranged) and DPS (Melee or ranged). Personally, I would love to see two tank specs and one dps spec. The tinker would essentially pilot a suit that would "upgrade" as they level, constantly swapping items on their suit. This would make most suits very unique between layout, color, and skill.

That's just me though.
    I can't get enough of that gif...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, back in the days some folks got lost in the weeds trying to say demon hunters couldn't exist, so this shouldn't be surprising.
    People also said they'd never EVER do Monks. They said we'd never EVER have Pandaren. When we got Monks, the crowd claiming that we'd never have Demon Hunters got new wind in their sails. "We'll never have Demon Hunters now that we have monks. Demon Hunters would take too much from Warlocks and Monks!!"...

People love to speak with confidence when in reality, they don't know shit about anything. Lucky for us that the developers hired to give us this game aren't quite so void of imagination and inspiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck, I'll fully admit I was wrong about Demon Hunters. I had no idea that Blizzard would gut a class, release a 4th class that uses leather, limit a new class to only two races, and release a class with only two specializations.

After Demon Hunters, you can't really say that any class is impossible. If Blizzard is willing to purposely gimp and remove the most popular Warlock spec to bring in Demon Hunters, why would anyone actually believe that Engineering is safe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    No Tinker class ever. We already have them. The players. And if you think it's all about piloting mechs, you're wrong.

Just about every iteration of Tinker is them piloting a mech. They piloted mechs in WC3, Gazlowe pilots a mech in HotS, and there's tons of examples of Goblin and Gnome mech piloting in WoW itself. Seems pretty obvious if you ask me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I can't get enough of that gif...
    While the overall tone of the scene was intense, and even heartbreaking, this was Mekkatorque at his best. I've always loved Gnomes and would really enjoy seeing them (and Goblins) get some lore love and respect for a change with a tinker class.

- - - Updated - - -

If Mekkatorque is a "High Tinker", that means there is an entire group of Master and Apprentice tinkers on Azeroth. Blizz just hasn't opened that storyline up yet But when they do, I am going to be SO ready for it.

igotthatreference.jpg

So, Reaves is to Tinkers in the same way Warlock Meta was to Demon Hunters. A poor, limited reflection of what could be.
    Reaves is actually worse. At least Warlocks could use Meta on every continent and in any dungeon. They also didn't have to go on a brutal "quest" to collect mats just so that they can use Meta a limited number of times.

- - - Updated - - -

No, no we didn't. Tinkerers did.

DH fit the universe and the team never said no to them and only said "not now" kind of comments. Not to mention after they were released they were talking about wanting to implement them much much earlier where again, they've made a firm no on tinkerers.
    Actually right before the Legion announcement, Blizzard devs said that they had no plans to release a DH class.

citation needed.

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/420687146274406400