Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Travellers pitch up on school playing field

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-39981109

A school went into "lockdown" when travellers with up to 30 caravans moved onto its playing field while pupils were in their lessons.
    They parked up at Hazelwick School in Crawley, West Sussex, after a padlock securing the grounds was cut open.
    GCSE exams had to be moved, pupils were kept in their classrooms during breaks, and they had to travel in groups to go to the toilet.
    Sussex Police arrived at 11:00 BST and served a notice to leave.
    The travellers initially pulled up on a verge close to the 1,800-pupil school, but quickly moved on to the playing field.
    They set up pens for their horses and more travellers arrived.
    The school confirmed it went into "lockdown" over concerns for pupils' safety, and students sitting PE and Latin GCSE exams had to be moved into another hall.
    Head teacher Ann Fearon said: "I am angered and frustrated by this.
    "There is no getting away from the fact it's been an extremely difficult day, and having that number of people illegally on your grounds is very annoying and worrying."
    At 15:00 police formally gave the group an hour to leave, but anticipated it would take longer to move them on.
    A West Sussex County Council spokesman confirmed 22 caravans initially parked up on the site "having forced entry on to the school field by cutting a padlock".
    The travellers were making their way out by 18:30.
    One traveller, who did not wish to be named, said they did not know the land was school property - and are now heading to Scotland.
    They are believed to be the same group who set up camp in the town's Manor Royal area and left after being given notice to quit by the landowner, police and the local authority.
    I was asked what do I consider vermin...
    They move from one place to another leaving pile of shit behind them, no respect for ownership (unless it belongs to them)
    On top of everything they pretty much get away with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are these like the pikeys in Snatch?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

yes

they're a fucking nuisance, they leave filth behind and from my experience are very abusive to the many animals they have

Deleted
    travelers are scum, they just trash what ever land they come accross, harass the locals and then finally move on to the next town.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They cut the lock on the gate to the field thinking that was okay? What exactly are these people planning/doing. Are they just traveling for the sake of traveling?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    fucken hate pikeys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I was asked what do I consider vermin...
    They move from one place to another leaving pile of shit behind them, no respect for ownership (unless it belongs to them)
    On top of everything they pretty much get away with it.
    This is a thing? Also, did they not get charged with trespassing or something? What the hell?

Deleted
    travellers? you mean roma people?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    We call them gypsies.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't see why you can't be more tolerant of their culture. /s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    awww, I thought europe loved illegal migrants. Oh wait, that's when they're not your problem.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    awww, I thought europe loved illegal migrants. Oh wait, that's when they're not your problem.
    Travelers aren't typically immigrants, it is an Irish thing amongst others I believe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Travelers aren't typically immigrants, it is an Irish thing amongst others I believe.
    Hence why I switched the word to migrants. they didn't hop the border but they are trespassing, and flagrantly violating the laws of the land.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

They're mostly Irish/English.

They're a fucking disaster everywhere they go. They turn up on public property, set up their caravans and trucks and proceeed turn the whole place into a shitpile - tearing up the grass, cutting down trees, leaving trash and dogshit everywhere, and generally picking fights with anyone and everyone who lives nearby.

To make things even worse, after they've been there for a while they sometimes buy the land, but continue turning it and all surrounding areas into a shithole, but now they can't be legally forced to leave.

And in their own screwed up minds, they see themselves as morally superior to the so-called "country folk", to the point they actually teach their kids (whom they dress like cheap prostitutes) that everyone who isn't a traveller is depraved and corrupt.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-05-20 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They're mostly Irish/English.

They're a fucking disaster everywhere they go. They turn up on public property, set up their caravans and trucks and proceeed turn the whole place into a shitpile - tearing up the grass, cutting down trees, leaving trash and dogshit everywhere, and generally picking fights with anyone and everyone who lives nearby.

To make things even worse, after they've been there for a while they sometimes buy the land, but continue turning it and all surrounding areas into a shithole, but now they can't be legally forced to leave.

And in their own screwed up minds, they see themselves as morally superior to the so-called "country folk", to the point they actually teach their kids (whom they dress like cheap prostitutes) that everyone who isn't a traveller is depraved and corrupt.
    This is my experience with them as well, never heard of them actually buying the land though. They main thing i remember when they set up near us was that they were quite open about their kids shoplifting and would encourage it, and for a village that had about 2 police officers and no stores have security, it was a nightmare. They also trashed the area round by the river where most of the local kids used to go and play around, but for about 6-8 months no one could go near that area or you'd just be causing trouble. Eventually they moved on to the next place, but its ridiculous how long it takes for law enforcement to kick them off the land they've settled on.

Anyone else would've been raided by the police under suspicion of being paedos.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I read this and all I can think is gypsies ?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I read this and all I can think is gypsies ?
    The very same; I pity the people whose job it is to try and persuade them to move on and become some other town's problem for a while.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The very same; I pity the people whose job it is to try and persuade them to move on and become some other town's problem for a while.
    Why even persuade. Make it illegal for them to put their crap up on anywhere that they do not own. Force them to buy land in the middle of nowhere and keep to themselves.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Most travellers in the UK are of Irish descent.