Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Polish immigrants have a reputation for cheap labour that undercuts the native work force, not for petty crimes and sexual assaults.

Romanians...you might have had a point.
    Depends what you mean by petty in this context. They do have a reputation of vehicle thieves in many European countries, starting with Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I don't really know UK refugees. But UK tourists are easily comparable to the current refugees
    Reminds me of this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Chechens, Ukrainians and Belarusians didn't seem to mind.
    Ehh, aside from Chechens and a handful of Ukrainians, they didn't exactly flee.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Poland has taken over 1 million ukrainan refugees. You guys know shit.

Based Poland is based.
    You're the one who knows shit. First of all, Polish government first talked about 500k refugees from Ukraine and at some point randomly doubled that number out of nowhere. Secondly, after the first time they bullshitted even about the 500k, it took Ukrainian ambassador around a day to call them out on their lies, citing official Polish numbers. Which, at the time, were whooping 2 Ukrainian refugees. For more keks, she talked about them at the end of 2015. Poland took zero refugees from Ukraine in 2015. Those 2 they took? They were from 2013. So from before war in Ukraine started, even though it's the background Poland uses for this horseshit lie. People like you make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Good for Poland. Every country has the inherent right to preserve their culture and change it when they so choose, not anyone else's choosing. Polish PM should send an email to Merkel that is simply a picture of someone flipping the bird.
    Yeah, the presence of the few thousand Muslims EU wants to move to Poland would cause the cultural collapse of an almost completely homogeneous nation of near 40 millions Never mind the few thousand Muslims that are already there. Also, it's almost as if EU member states have specific obligations towards the EU or something. Funny how supranational law works. And don't count on Polish PM minister doing that. It'd exceed the foreign relations competences of the Polish government by far. Also, the prime minister acting on her own and not doing exactly what her party leader tells her to do is also implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Poland should have the decency to uphold the treaties it signed. If it does not want to uphold their end of the treaties they signed. Their is always Art 50.
    Sadly, Article 50 is meaningless here since EU can't initiate it for a country.

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    I didnt vote for that goverment (they're terrible for many reasons) but in that case i support them. We have refugess from Ukraine. And that's enough. Why? You should read about Massacres of Poles in Volhynia at Wikipedia or somewhere.
    And i don't belive that refugess will one day go back to home in Syria or Iraq. Look at Polish immigrants in UK. They will always stay in UK cause "more money and better social". In Poland life is fine if u are not lazy and dumb
    OK, where to start... Poland has 59 Ukrainian refugees, which is a pitiful number for a nation this large. Volhynian massacre victimhood doesn't give Poland bonus points for hosting Ukrainian refugees. Polish immigrants not going back is irrelevant. They don't have to so far. Their status is different. But they may have to depending on how Brexit unfolds. They are also a net benefit to UK and have one of the most positive numbers when it comes to reliance on welfare or abusing it. And Polish quality of life, or things like, I dunno, youth unemployment or disposable income, are rather sad when compared to western Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    You'd think ''refugees'' where are fleeing from war would want to settle down in a stable, democratic country with a booming economy.

But nope. Because that is not what they want.
    Yeah, Poland is a pinnacle of stability right now. And dat democracy.

This is not what we are discussing here.

Nowhere in the EU charter, which Poland and every single country signs, is there a point of ''Do as we command or you shall be punished''.
    Not a word about refugees or migrants.

Junker and Co. got together, devised a half-assed plan and threatened with punitive action of they dared to say no.
    The only EU charter is the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union which does talk about refugees:
    Article 18
    The right to asylum shall be guaranteed with due respect for the rules of the Geneva Convention of 28 July 1951 and the Protocol of 31 January 1967 relating to the status of refugees and in accordance with the Treaty on European Union and the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Treaties’).
    Plenty of other EU legislation about refugees, migrants, obligations of the member states and penalties for member states that do not fulfill their obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I can assure you and rest, that there is many people, who is very displeased with our goverment after two last years. But protests and EU actions don't work, they even ignore fact that we are in EU.

But oh well whatever... Give few secs, and... "Glorious supporters of our goverment" will appear here and say that i am heretic etc. Good i do not care anymore...
    Sadly, the EU actions didn't reach sanctions level yet. But Macron said he'll push for it if he wins French presidency, which he did, so there's hope. Maybe sanctions will actually make the Polish government rethink its actions. Or, more plausible option here, cause them to whine about foreign oppression and a threat to muh sovereignty some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Ehh, aside from Chechens and a handful of Ukrainians, they didn't exactly flee.
    Not exactly my point. I was posting against people making Poland a radioactive hellhole, where no one, for any reason, wants to live.

But I guess it's just another stage of Pollack jokes.

Living standards of Poland, Hungary and general region are on par with Portugal, almost Spain and few other ''old EU'' members.
    Yet they are stagnating.

Keep on going, your ignorance is breathtaking.
    Because Portugal and Spain are EU powerhouses when it comes to standard of living.
    http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/t...countries.html OK, here Poland isn't that far behind them, but as I said, they aren't super amazing either.

Then there's HDI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_...elopment_Index Wat a behemoth!
    Legatum Prosperity Index: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legatu...ex#cite_note-2
    Or even World Happiness Report: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...rt#2017_report

Also, who said Poland is stagnating, again? Funny how to dismiss something as ignorance (which is already hilarious coming from you to begin with) you had to need to construct a straw-man first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Who is the Co.? The Commission makes a suggestion and the ministers endorse it. You know, the ministers of each individual state, each of which has the right of veto in such proceedings. Poland did not sink it when the Commission presented it because it needed the good will of ministers that supported it for other affairs. And that's how the EU works; with compromise.

You can call for further transparency, it's commonly accepted that everything the Eurogroups do is all about behind the door compromises that the public never finds out about and THAT part is unconscionable for me. But every decision still goes through either the parliament or the relevant democratically elected ministers. If you don't like it, ask the Polish minister involved why they did not sink it. What were they promised not to sink it? If nothing, they are an incompetent idiot. And if they were promised something, then decide if it was a decent compromise. And please learn how the EU works.
    Just because it's commonly accepted doesn't mean it's correct. EU is more transparent than people think, starting with legislature and ending with TTIP negotiations. You could maybe accuse them of not promoting their webpages related to these issues more. Also, which proceedings are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    How dare they decide who enters their country.
    They already lost that ability in regards to 470+ millions of Europeans.

Which is why it's already on the downswing, with nationalists losing in Austria, Netherlands and now France. Perhaps linking almost a year old trends is not the most intelligent thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Still with the "EU is falling" rhetoric?
    According to the great minds of eurosceptics EU seems to be in a permanent state of falling. Since its inception. And to infinity and beyond.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    If the law told you to jump off a bridge, would you?
    Yeah, very comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    They are. At least, the one's I've talked to. Poland had something similar happen to the US, where their entire government - at every level - was taken over by nationalist conservatives in the most recent elections. They won't last long, according to my Polish friends, but they'll do some damage until they're kicked out.
    Well, it's not like there are many levels to the government. They won the elections to parliament and that's pretty much all it took. The executive is formed from and through the parliament. Sadly, the term of few of the Constitutional Tribunal judges expired just as the new term of parliament began, so they got to elect some conservative fuckwits there (and broke the law in the process, resulting in a monumental clusterfuck that continues - in diminished capacity, but still - even today. They're actively trying to actively fuck over the rest of the judiciary as well.

Well, they also won the presidential elections, turning the position into a mockery in the process, but that's not the government per se. And then there's the local government elections, but those haven't happened yet. In most of the cities they'll likely lose, given how cities tend to vote against fossils. They did try to conjure up a win in the capital though, by enlarging it by a few dozens nearby villages, that do vote for fossils. Luckily, did not happen.

And there are talks of the restructuring of the Cabinet of Ministers soon. Potentially including the Prime Minister, since recently, at the ripe age of 54, she apparently developed a spine at last and disobeyed the party leader on few important things. Given how that bundle of hate, paranoia and Napoleon complex hates any sign of disobedience, there's a chance he will do it, create major rifts in the party in the process and cause the collapse of its government. So basically a redux of 2007 when this party held the power the last time and their government collapsed in the middle of the term. Especially if he takes over as Prime Minister to satiate his obsessions about power (i.e. also redux of their previous government) because even his own party's supporters don't want him in such a position.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well, polish government feeds on people's fear of the terrorists, so they refuse to take the refugees, saying that there might be islamic terrorists among them.

You might think it's irrational, but the fear of islam and terrorists is very well spread in Poland. Poland is a very xenophobic country, people here might accept other european citizens, but anyone of different race will most likely be not well received, to put it mildly.
    Ehh, let's not get ahead of ourselves with this acceptance of Europeans in Poland. Czechs and Slovaks, maybe. Germans? Lol no. Also, this fear is beyond irrational. Terrorists didn't give a shit about Poland even when it participated in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's not relevant enough to be a target for terrorists. Then again grandiose delusions are the bread and butter of the ruling party.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Poland isn't know for its excessively generous Welfare state, and likely its police won't defend the Taharrush either.
    Except for the part where current government introduced a welfare program to buy votes, that puts Poland's welfare as a percentage of government spending (or GDP, don't remember for sure) comparable to most developed European nations. Given how people from Muslim countries have high birth rates and that welfare program is tied to children, it'd be quite favorable to them. But who'd care about details when its time to peddle a narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    If Brussels wants to paint itself in the worst possible light, while killing the EU dead as a hammer, then yes they should do this.

You would see a number of Article 50 invocations within the first few months after such a foolish action on the EU's part.
    EU outright can't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    The EU won't do much.

Why? Because sweet Poland can make their lives a miserable hell in the Brexit negotiations if they try sanctioning them.
    Poland can't do squat about Brexit. Besides, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The EU was foolish to take in refugees in the first place, let those members that voted to let them in deal with them.
    So what should they have done? Hide their heads in the sand and pretend the hundreds of thousand displaced people didn't reach their borders?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Exactly, I'm not sure why the EU should get to dictate sovereign nations immigration policies.
    Because they agreed to EU having certain powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Then you can deport them.
    You can't outright deport asylum seekers without processing them as per international laws that all EU member states have signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Ridiculous law.
    And that's because...?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Polish government: "It's an attack on our sovereignty and a breach of the fundamental values our Minister of Foreign Relations and Minister of Justice just pulled out of their ass."
    The fundamental values of what? No muslims in their catholic country?

I'm against the current immigration stuff, but these excuses are laughable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Poland can't do squat about Brexit.
    Must admit that I'm interested to see what the Polish governments approach to Brexit will be considering there are over 831,000 Polish citizens in the UK. Will they be fair to the UK or support an EU hard line stance.

For reference Polish nationals make up the largest non-UK born ethnic group in the UK at 831,000, closely followed by 795,000 Indian born citizens. In total there are actually over 2.9 million EU citizens living in the UK, compared to just 1.2 million UK citizens living in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

Maintaining the integrity of their culture isn't a laughable excuse

15+ Year Old Account
    Maintaining the integrity of their culture isn't a laughable excuse
    When 6200 people are able to undermine the integrity of a culture of 36 million people then i guess their culture is shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The funniest thing in all of this is that with the opposition jumping ship on the refugee issue to appease to PiS' voting base and gain some of that sweet redneck vote, the main proponent for refugees and pressing the government to do so is the Polish episcopate. And it's funny because in general, Polish Catholic church is a staunch supporter of PiS, with PiS licking the priests' asses on daily basis, and in most things it's the apotheosis of conservatism, beating even the right wing political parties, that views the the current Pope as basically an amalgam of Satan and Stalin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    This is kinda silly. Even if Poland takes those people in how they will make them stay here? Because middle eastern migrants are hardly interested in staying in a country without strong social benefits. So this is a lot of talk about an irrelevant issue. Polish government is just trying to show off how "independent" they are. It's rather dumb position because it will end with Poland losing some of the EU's help for sure. Much better solution would be to actually tackle the real issues among the EU leaders. But that would require smart people and Poland's current government lacks that for sure.

The real issue is that no one is doing any serious screening of people coming here. Most people wouldn't oppose taking in people who run from war. But Europe simply cannot take all the economic migrants all at once. It's like anyone could possibly take in 1 or 2 homeless people into their home but taking 50 would be rather impossible.

The nationalistic trends rising in Europe aren't because of taking people in but because EU is completely irresponsible in the how they are dealing with the issue.
    The idea is to distribute those that have already been processed. Also, there are legal tools to deal with refugees that break the deal of their refuge. And Polish government being dumb and only damaging Poland in the long run when it comes to EU is not really surprising. Furthermore EU has more than 500 million people. 1 million more is a drop in the bucket. Poland was supposed to take what, few thousands? Under what metric can't Poland take so little people? The government praises Poland's economic growth and assures that the 500+ welfare program is not unsustainable with Polish budget in the long run. So these few extra people wouldn't exactly bankrupt Poland. And these people were already there. Actually dealing with them instead of flailing hands in the air was responsible thing to do. Which was Germany's action first, EU stepped in only after it was done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    The idea is that those who don't want to stay in Poland and jump the border can expect tougher sanctions, maybe even deportation. It would be much easier to filter the bad apples that way.
    Apart from that, no one ever demanded that the East Block takes in an as many refugees as the wealthy EU members. It would be a symbolic gesture more than anything. A display of unity during a tough situation.
    Though that also has to be said, it's not like Western Europe was the shining example of solidarity in the past as well....
    That's why I am saying Polish government is only showing off. And the show is done more for their own voters rather than anyone else. People who currently have power in Poland aren't exactly shining example of diplomacy. When I look at some of their actions it's like watching a comedy mocking the communist times in Poland. Except when you realize this is for real you stop laughing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    When 6200 people are able to undermine the integrity of a culture of 36 million people then i guess their culture is shit.
    Well given the rising crime rates in the rest of the EU associated with increased migration from countries where basic human rights aren't respected, it's not a shock that the poles don't want to deal with it.

They seem like the only country in the EU more concerned with the well being of their own citizens than the feelings of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

Well, they never really clarify what dafuq they are talking about. Hence the part about it being pulled out of their asses. And being laughable is sort of a trend with Polish government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well given the rising crime rates in the rest of the EU associated with increased migration from countries where basic human rights aren't respected, it's not a shock that the poles don't want to deal with it.

They seem like the only country in the EU more concerned with the well being of their own citizens than the feelings of others.
    No EU country is more concerned about immigrants than they are about their own, anyone claiming that is telling lies, anyone buying that is too naive and gullible to have an educated opinion on any matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, hey now, stop talking like that about romanians and germans, that's not very nice of you. Oh wait, no it's not about crime rates from migrants, but about the xenophobia against muslims, right, right, yeah.

You're from the US, how would you know what being concerned with the well being of a countries own citizens looks like?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Can you please take away all of those polish in the Netherlands then? Pretty sure I could use the same bullshit you just wrote and just apply to the Polish
    Do you have any particular bullshit in mind? I'm really trying to find the parallel in what I have said to why Poles go West and can't really find one.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, let's ignore the correlation with education and blame the immigrants!
    Could you please elaborate?

Trivia time: Poland is one of the three countries that threw a shit fit about Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (i.e. EU's main human rights legislation) and one of the two countries that ultimately got an opt out for it. The pinnacle of human rights right there. Especially with the current government's total disregard for the judiciary branch of the government, political steering of prosecutors and the police and the ruling party's leader dreaming about pulling what Erdogan just did.

To paraphrase @Mayhem's comment: if taking 6200 people prevents you from taking care of the well-being of your own citizens when you're a country of over 38 million people, perhaps your economy is shit. But wait, Polish government showcases their economic growth as the holy cow of evidence that their governance isn't a crock of shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You're from the US, how would you know what being concerned with the well being of a countries own citizens looks like?
    Touche :3
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-05-20 at 03:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The idea is to distribute those that have already been processed. Also, there are legal tools to deal with refugees that break the deal of their refuge. And Polish government being dumb and only damaging Poland in the long run when it comes to EU is not really surprising. Furthermore EU has more than 500 million people. 1 million more is a drop in the bucket. Poland was supposed to take what, few thousands? Under what metric can't Poland take so little people? The government praises Poland's economic growth and assures that the 500+ welfare program is not unsustainable with Polish budget in the long run. So these few extra people wouldn't exactly bankrupt Poland. And these people were already there. Actually dealing with them instead of flailing hands in the air was responsible thing to do. Which was Germany's action first, EU stepped in only after it was done.
    I wasn't really saying that Poland cannot take in the refuges. I simply don't believe they will stay here when they come. Therefor I find Poland's government stance as nothing more than a propaganda for their own voters and potential supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Do you have any particular bullshit in mind? I'm really trying to find the parallel in what I have said to why Poles go West and can't really find one.
    Economic migrants? Because that's why Polish people go west and also something you talked about in that post. And how EU as a whole can't take a million of the Muslim economic migrants (never mind that some are indeed actual refugees), because economic collapse or something. And yet Western Europe alone took in few times more Poles. They should kick them all out in order to safeguard their economy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trivia time: Poland is one of the three countries that threw a shit fit about Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (i.e. EU's main human rights legislation) and one of the two countries that ultimately got an opt out for it. The pinnacle of human rights right there. Especially with the current government's total disregard for the judiciary branch of the government, political steering of prosecutors and the police and the ruling party's leader dreaming about pulling what Erdogan just did.
    Just to add, Polish president wants to make a referendum to ask:
    Do you agree for the constitution change?

Currently the ruling party doesn't have enough seats in the parliament to make any changes to the constitution. And while we can discuss if Polish constitution requires any tweaks, if that referendum passed, the parliament would get card blanche to mess up the constitution any way they want even promoting the ruling party leader to rule Poland forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Economic migrants? Because that's why Polish people go west and also something you talked about in that post. And how EU as a whole can't take a million of the Muslim economic migrants (never mind that some are indeed actual refugees), because economic collapse or something. And yet Western Europe alone took in few times more Poles. They should kick them all out in order to safeguard their economy.
    Fair enough, there is a parallel.

I guess I've just been misunderstood. Prolly mixed too many concepts.

The bottom line is that Poles wanted and had a reason to go West. Middle eastern people don't really want to go to Poland. While I agree that the West has issues with migrants (mostly due to politically correct politicians fucked up dealing with the issue) I'm just saying migrants aren't a realistic issue for Poland. I'll been laughing at anyone being against migrants in Poland for quite a while now because it's like people in Africa would be afraid of massive snow :P Polish politicians who oppose migrants are just buying political capital.

Anyway, on the other hand, Poland is taking in a lot of people from Ukraine while the rest of EU told them to fuck off. I don't mind personally, because Ukrainians are nice people (I'm working with some), they are really similar to Poles and integrate really well. But the fact is that EU is making a mistake after a mistake with this whole migrant issue.

So to be clear. I am all for taking in people running away from war. Hell, I am even for taking in economic migrants in reasonable amounts (like I am all for taking in Ukrainians for example). But I am against all this mess we are currently in. And we are currently in this mess because "we cannot say anything bad about Islam". Since the West didn't answer for quite legitimate fears of certain issues that come with taking in so many people from quite a different culture (one that also has some serious issues of their own) and kept calling people pointing out those fears islamophobes, we have what we have. I don't care what colour people who come to my country are. But I do care if they are able to integrate and if they potentially can cause trouble. If you come to a different country you either accept their rules and customs or you fuck off back to where you came from. You don't try to enforce your own ways there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nationalism thrives when education is low and economy is bad.
    Nationalism comes from fear. It's a current form of tribalism and it is a quite old defense mechanism. While low education and bad economy can lead to fear, however, do you think it's the main reason people in Europe are uneasy? Because it is a fact that Europeans feel uneasy in recent years. So what could be so scary for Europeans? I think it would be good if people in power actually took interest in finding out instead of blaming people that they are scared. I think actually understanding people rather than condemning them would be much more benefitial for everyone.