Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How is D3 these days?

I haven't played in a long time. I think the last time I played, was the patch/season just before Kanai's Cube and other things were introduced.

Never played seasons; not interested in starting over from scratch.

Really only quit because I got bored of farming the same shit over and over and getting the same junk legendaries and never getting the cool/fun legendaries that allowed for different builds. The thing that kinda turns me off from D3 is that there's no limit to the scaling; no matter how geared you get, there's always higher levels...but it's just the same exact shit with higher numbers.

I suppose since I haven't played in so long, there will be tons of new sets/legendaries/builds and such...but the thought of having to grind more RNG drops is kinda keeping me away.

Well, it's an ARPG. Grinding IS the endgame - also RNG is RNG so you're not saying anything new. From what you post, D3 and simialr games are just not for you.

If there's a problem right now, is the lack of structured endgame; given how fast and easy is to gear up, most people are basically done/burned out in a very short time, while there's no long term objective (Primals have made it just very slightly better - if you're interested). GR climbing is not something appealing to the masses apparently.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It's good if you want to have something to do for a week or so. Once you get your end game gear (no perfect optimizations) let's say half ancient, your 3 gems at 50-60 you start to get slightly bored because all you do is repeat the same things over and over.

If you want to have some fun, get your seasonal appearances and level a couple of classes it's pretty good fun for a week or two.

Deleted
    If you didn't like it back then, you won't like it now. Every aspect you didn't like only got worse.

Also primal hunting is not worth it, you either get lucky or not. I've cleared grift 70 solo at around 350 paragons. I got my first primal (junk item) at 595 or so. Do whatever you want with that information they are THAT rare.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Also primal hunting is not worth it, you either get lucky or not. I've cleared grift 70 solo at around 350 paragons. I got my first primal (junk item) at 595 or so. Do whatever you want with that information they are THAT rare.
    Also: they're literally Ancients with max rolls. If you reach the point to have farmed a decent amount of good Primals, chances are that you're already decked in good Ancients (maybe not max rolled but it's possible), so the actual power gain is very very limited.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    It's good if you want to have something to do for a week or so. Once you get your end game gear (no perfect optimizations) let's say half ancient, your 3 gems at 50-60 you start to get slightly bored because all you do is repeat the same things over and over.

If you want to have some fun, get your seasonal appearances and level a couple of classes it's pretty good fun for a week or two.
    This is what Diablo is to me. It's definitely not a long term game. It's something I get the itch to play every once in a while, play kinda heavily for a week or two and move on. Six months to a year later, I may play again for a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    This is what Diablo is to me. It's definitely not a long term game. It's something I get the itch to play every once in a while, play kinda heavily for a week or two and move on. Six months to a year later, I may play again for a week or two.
    Same same

Deleted
    Honestly, I have been playing every single season since season 3 until I have completed the journey, and this is the first time I was not able to keep my motivation up. I have all stash spaces now and just the portrait is not enough motivation to keep my going. I really hope they add some fresh content soon...

Deleted
    Fun for 1 week then back to WoW. Same old mate.

The only thing I would add is to join some of the channels. Don't do seasons because you don't like leveling? Join a powerleveling channel. Don't want to do all the bounties? Join the split bounties channel. Often times people will even be nice enough to solo all the act bounties and announce in channel that they are about to turn in, if anyone wants free act1-5 T13 bounties (i announce quite often as well). There are also channels for rifts/greater rifts farming, cosmetic farming, goblin hunting, etc.

My point is (in case you didn't know) there are many channels/communities in game that can make the game more fun and maybe even extend your interest slightly longer.

Deleted
    It's more of the same with some added quality of life changes and more set options to play with. I'm usually pretty content with any new feature but Primal Ancients I am just not exited about, I've had a few and they were crappy legendaries with perfect stats and a brand new red border. Whoop-tie-doo.

But with the Rise of the Necromancer DLC and challenge rifts coming next patch there's plenty to get exited about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, it's an ARPG. Grinding IS the endgame - also RNG is RNG so you're not saying anything new. From what you post, D3 and simialr games are just not for you.

If there's a problem right now, is the lack of structured endgame; given how fast and easy is to gear up, most people are basically done/burned out in a very short time, while there's no long term objective (Primals have made it just very slightly better - if you're interested). GR climbing is not something appealing to the masses apparently.
    stuff like ancient legendaries and primal legendaries (like titanforging in wow) has made me less likely to play because i get legendaries and instead of going "SWEET I GOT IT" i go "fuck not ancient or primal ancient"
    and when i spend forever and ever and ever to get a legendary, then go "YES wait... FUCK" that ruins the game for me...

it is not enough we need to hope for good stats, we need to alos hope for ancient, or primal ancient...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    When Invokers was up in, what was it, season 9? I thought to myself "I like thorns crusader, so ima grind out at least stash this expansion".

So I did pretty good. Got GR 60 solo. Got my speed T13 rift. Got my speed T13 boss kills. Ect, ect. Pretty quick, fairly easy. Not too bad

Then I have to get 3 leg gems to 50. I get 1 there, 1 to about 30, and decide "Fuck this repetitive bullshit".

Yea. And just to say, I went full Guardian first 2 seasons the journey gave cosmetics. Haven't gone that far since then, because the RNG and grind is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

ITs no Diablo 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    ITs no Diablo 2
    Which in all fairness - people seem to forget,. was a much more monotonuous grind.

At least rifts and grifts give some variety over the endless meph/baal/cow runs.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    stuff like ancient legendaries and primal legendaries (like titanforging in wow) has made me less likely to play because i get legendaries and instead of going "SWEET I GOT IT" i go "fuck not ancient or primal ancient"
    and when i spend forever and ever and ever to get a legendary, then go "YES wait... FUCK" that ruins the game for me...

it is not enough we need to hope for good stats, we need to alos hope for ancient, or primal ancient...
    Yup,. they just added another level of grind - and rather than just give them a new color so we can skip the other junk,. we still need to ID everything.
    Last edited by bbr; 2017-05-20 at 11:40 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Too much RNG and infinite paragon is basically bot or don't rank

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Which in all fairness - people seem to forget,. was a much more monotonuous grind.

At least rifts and grifts give some variety over the endless meph/baal/cow runs.

Yup,. they just added another level of grind - and rather than just give them a new color so we can skip the other junk,. we still need to ID everything.
    People aren't forgetting. D2 and D3 are both monotonous grinds, there's just more variety to the grind in D3. Difference being, D2 just always felt more out together and a better overall game (I know, I know it's personal opinion). The main issue is that D3 didn't add anything really new. From Diablo to D2 you can feel the impact and notice the improvements, where D3 just feels like an xpac to D2, not really bringing anything new, just giving more options on how to grind the game. Choice also mattered. Once you invested a point in the skill tree that was it, no respeccing. It gave what you did more impact, and felt like your decisions had more merit and weight. Those decisions also didn't impact how far you could get in the game. I could play a Druid as a straight caster, or a werewolf, or a werebear, and still progress to the end; where D3 made cookiecutter builds and specific talents NEEDED to continue progressing.

I'm not saying D3 is bad, I'm just saying that D2 was so much better in the innovations it brought to the genre and the overall package was better put together.

Its fun to dip your toes back into a season every now and then. Pretty fun making a character and smashing out some personal goals in a season. Depending on the people you play with will determine how long you stay. Doing 2/3/4man runs together is pretty good.

Diablo 3 is a wasteland. It can be fun for a bit, but its systems are shallow and the gameplay is repetitive. You kind of fire off a few hours, get to a loot wall and either pound through it or hang it up. In the past I went through loot walls, but now when I start up again, I don't really have the desire to push it.