Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    There is only agree with them or wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

So should people not put credence in news stories that end up getting confirmed by Trump anyway through either his excuses or explanations or end up getting confirmed through various other means? Or can we just ignore it all because 1 or 2 stories is an over exaggeration? That logic is faulty and reeks of early 4chan discussion.

ALso lets not forget how many people here believed literally anything anti Hillary, or instantly believed in an evil Pizza place now claiming even things confirmed by Trump as fake. Lets not forget some of it was "unconfirmed sources and totally legit emails" I read a ton of the emails. Half the shit people were posting about was not there and plenty on this forum never read the emails.

Taking an intellectual high ground with cognitive dissidence like that is pointless.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lful-Ignorance

There's a big answer right there.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So, you're quoting a blogshitpost page to discredit actual news sources? Way to go, Shalcker.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keith Oberman is the only name I recognized in that article and I thought he was still working for a sports network. You have to recognize their use of democrat is better than I've seen in many articles.

But, Vox is right. These are the same sort of twitter nonsense that had you thinking a real birth certificate of Obama was days away. If you cannot see the folly of what the article is pointing out, try thinking of a Trump tweet of "Huge story, birth certificate in source hand. Impeachment looming." It's the same thing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, you're quoting a blogshitpost page to discredit actual news sources? Way to go, Shalcker.
    No, he isn't. The article is focused on twitter feeds pushing fake stories, without reference to actual news.

Pretend this article was posted by Ednus, instead of Shalcker, then read it again. I have no doubt that Shalcker is trying to say the Russian scandal is fake news, but that is not what the op article is saying.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I consume a lot of news and I haven't come across any of these stories, the stories must come from fringe sites.

Russian meddling in democratic elections has backfired on Russia big time, Russians weren't all that trusted before but now there's solid evidence why humanity shouldn't trust the Russians. This mistrust will last for decades and that's only if Russia cleans up its act. This mistrust will damage Russia in all kinds of ways.
    That shit sounds like Alex Jones on a really bad day. Anyone falling for that is just fucking insane and stupid.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Pretend this article was posted by Ednus, instead of Shalcker, then read it again.
    I'd be certain that his account got hacked if that happened.

Also, it's pretty clear why Shalcker posted this, and it's not to point out the twitter feeds. It's just another pile of blanket implications about Democrats and "fake news", not these specific incidences.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I read that article and I hadn't heard any of the stories they mentioned. I do know a lot of right-wing pro-Trump fake news though. So the point of the story was, "hey, we all know there's lots of right-wing fake news that is tailored to Trump supporters, but did you know there's actually a lot of fake news tailored for left-wing folks as well?", which is really interesting. Though not very surprising.

There's always gonna be these "anti-establishment" folks who will believe any conspiracy theory that comes their way, and now Trump is "the establishment", and so there's always going to be folks who will try to profit from that. In a way it's a good thing, because it brings some balance to this whole fake news phenomenon, since so far it is quite obviously a much bigger thing on the right-wing of the political spectrum. Not sure left-wing fake news will ever catch up, but at least it's making an effort.

Maybe to some degree they will even cancel each other out as it won't be mainstream media vs. right-wing fake news anymore. It'll be left-wing fake news vs. right-wing fake news and the mainstream media in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, he isn't. The article is focused on twitter feeds pushing fake stories, without reference to actual news.

Pretend this article was posted by Ednus, instead of Shalcker, then read it again. I have no doubt that Shalcker is trying to say the Russian scandal is fake news, but that is not what the op article is saying.
    Endus doesn't have the habit of posting blogshit sites. Say what you will, it's hard to just pretend this was posted by Endus. Also, usually he has a point when posting stuff and doesn't just randomly quote a blog wall of text without any actual statement of himself. So yes, this is just a pointless thread, really.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Hmf...if the Democrats are falling for fake news then the GOP are falling for the same...
    And when the shit hits the fan everyone in the GOP will stampede en masse alongside the Democrats to avoid getting shitstained with the word "Trump."

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    That is the problem isn't it. One side is always going to look at their side with rose tinted glasses, right? Unfortunately, most people won't admit to that.
    Both sides will do this. One side will be more wrong, though. And it's yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Both sides will do this. One side will be more wrong, though. And it's yours.
    Sorry, son I don't have a "side".

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Sorry, son I don't have a "side".
    Let's see, 1) always takes the side of the right 2) always defends the right and 3) holds dumb positions that are almost exclusively from the right.

When it's plainly obvious that you're batting for one side, nobody is going to take it seriously when you claim to not have a side. It's like @zenkai claiming to be an independent. What this does, is make you look disingenuous.

Oh, and I don't need the patronizing 'son' crap.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I don't think many reasonable people would have said otherwise. Fake news has been targeting both sides. One side just happens to see a fuck load more of it due to the demographic being more susceptible to believing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I'm going to punch one massive hole in this whole bucket of stupid that article spewed out by stating the one FACT (fact as in FACT!) it willfully ignores:

Not everybody who hates Dumbass Dump and wants Russia investigated are "liberals/Democrats"!

Gasp! That's right! Can we PLEASE stop pretending this is left vs Right? Thousands of Conservatives/Republicans hate Dump and want Russia to be investigated as well - even smegging Republicans in CONGRESS!

Can you be specific? Which stories relating to Russia are provably false?

The slow months are coming for the news cycles so they manufacture stories. For us that are older and wiser what matters is what the new narrative will be in the Fall not over "summer".

10+ Year Old Account
    Your story about fake news is fake news.

#Discredited
    #AmIDoingThisRight
    #Hashmark

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    #Hashmark
    Fucking 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I consume a lot of news and I haven't come across any of these stories, the stories must come from fringe sites.

Russian meddling in democratic elections has backfired on Russia big time, Russians weren't all that trusted before but now there's solid evidence why humanity shouldn't trust the Russians. This mistrust will last for decades and that's only if Russia cleans up its act. This mistrust will damage Russia in all kinds of ways.
    NO great power can be trusted. You can't trust russia, and you can't trust the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That's what the article is about, creation of such system; they are just focusing more on Democrat version of Infowars.
    There is no Democrat version of Infowars. They aren't even close to that level of bullshit. You have blogs where you might get 1000 likes from around the world on an article from readers. But then you have stupid people that watch Infowars that have millions of views and hundreds of thousands of likes on an Infowars article or video.

It is not even close.

So what you are saying if you dig enough anyone can find what ever they are looking for on the internet? wow never knew that.

Let me know when governors and congressmen start parroting them in a official statements.