Deleted
    We have shity legendaries, no talent choices that matters, t20 is crap, revival is a joke, we bring little to no utility, hps is lower then others only thing we do is ignore mechanics and have mobility..

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    We have shity legendaries, no talent choices that matters, t20 is crap, revival is a joke, we bring little to no utility, hps is lower then others only thing we do is ignore mechanics and have mobility..
    Priest wasn't much different.

Most of the legendaries were shit / barely useful, we have talents that are absolute garbage in literally every situation yet somehow made it through alpha and beta and multiple patches without being changed, terrible mobility for both healing specs, clunky mechanics, little/no "utility", and less hps than other healers.

This expansion seems to be yet another expac where Druid dominates and never gets nerfed.

What? I'd say Holy Priests have the best talents next to Resto Shamans / Druids. You have a choice at all. MW hasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Most of the legendaries were shit / barely useful, we have talents that are absolute garbage in literally every situation yet somehow made it through alpha and beta and multiple patches without being changed, terrible mobility for both healing specs, clunky mechanics, little/no "utility", and less hps than other healers.

This expansion seems to be yet another expac where Druid dominates and never gets nerfed.
    If you think Priests and MW have similar problems or shortcomings you're delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    If you think Priests and MW have similar problems or shortcomings you're delusional.
    Care to explain why I'm wrong instead of just crying that I'm "delusional" ?

What I posted was my experience playing Priest from Legion launch up through clearing H ToV.

10+ Year Old Account

Another xpac of druid dominance LUL

Deleted
    you're clueless if you think Holy priests have similar problems to MW, like totally never stepped in a mythic raid.

Care to explain why I'm wrong instead of just crying that I'm "delusional" ?

What I posted was my experience playing Priest from Legion launch up through clearing H ToV.
    Okay, let's compare talents:

15: Monks don't have a choice. In 99/100 cases it's Chi Burst. Priest have at least a choice between Enduring Renewal and Trail of Light.
    30: Mobility row.
    45 Monk / 60 Priest: In most cases Monks use Mist Wrap because Lifecycles is pretty bad (even with T20). Spirit of the Crane is abysmal. Priests have 3 very strong talents for different situations.
    60 Monk / 45 Priest: Leg Sweep vs. Afterlife.
    75: Monk has some underwhelming defense talents whereas Holy Priest has great healing output talents .
    90: Invoke Chi-ji was most times the only option for MW, maybe RJW will be worth it in 7.2.5. Priests have Divinity.
    100: Mana Tea (that should be baseline) and Focused Thunder vs. two great and one good throughput talent.

Do we even have to discuss this? Holy Priests have an entire talent row more for healing output.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    15: Monks don't have a choice. In 99/100 cases it's Chi Burst. Priest have at least a choice between Enduring Renewal and Trail of Light.
    Enduring Renewal is fucking garbage because Renew is fucking garbage. Even in 5mans it's useless. It heals for close to nothing.

45 Monk / 60 Priest: In most cases Monks use Mist Wrap because Lifecycles is pretty bad (even with T20). Spirit of the Crane is abysmal. Priests have 3 very strong talents for different situations.
    Light of the Naaru is the only decent choice, unless you're really coordinated with the other healers and want to use Symbol of Hope.

Correct, there's only one good choice, as the other two are garbage.

75: Monk has some underwhelming defense talents whereas Holy Priest has great healing output talents.
    And again, Surge of Light is the only decent choice there. The other two are okay-ish, but Surge of Light is the clear-cut winner.

90: Invoke Chi-ji was most times the only option for MW, maybe RJW will be worth it in 7.2.5. Priests have Divinity.
    Same as the others. It's either Divinity or GTFO, because Halo and Divine Star are shit.

100: Mana Tea (that should be baseline) and Focused Thunder vs. two great and one good throughput talent.
    Circle of Healing should also be baseline...it WAS baseline ever since BC, but then Blizz decided to give us a middle finger by making it a talent, and worse, making the other two choices much better.

Disc doesn't have it much better. T15, Castigation is the best. T30, feathers. T60, Shield Discipline. T75, Contrition. T90, Halo. (only because Clarity of Will is utter shit) T100, Purge the Wicked for raids, Grace for 5mans. And really, Purge the Wicked is a crap talent because it's just, IIRC, a ~15% increase in damage to Shadow Word: Pain, and a weak spreading mechanic. You really only take it because Grace is kinda crap in raids, since you're not going to be casting direct heals on people who have Atonement, very often.

Shadow Covenant is absolutely 100% garbage, there is literally no situation in the entire game where you would ever want to use this talent. And yet, somehow, it went through alpha and beta without receiving any (significant) change. Even if it was a baseline spell and didn't replace PW:R, it would still be garbage.

Priest talents are crap because there's no real choice. Lots of the rows, there's one talent that is just far better than the others, for 90% of situations.

--------------

Talents were just one similarity, though. Priests also suffer from the "no utility" complaints, and they have bad mobility, with most of their main spells being cast time spells. Holy Priest especially, since you can't channel Divine Hymn while moving, but Druid can channel Tranq while moving. And they have "less hps" than other classes. There was constant shitting on Priests, "oh why would you ever bring a priest to raid, they do less HPS and have no utility!!", etc.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-05-20 at 06:35 PM.

I don't know why we even discuss this. It's not that Priest talents are overall better, they even have an entire row more for healing output. Their talents, especially the "best" ones are so much better than the MW ones. And then lets not talk about Spirit. There is a huge difference between "MW is sh*t" and "Hpriest is sh*t".

And no, compared to MW Priests have a choice since 7.1.5.
    Priests have at least two different builds they can play - the Flash Heal build vs the PoM/Renew build. MW has no choice like that.

There are many more differences like that - Priest Mastery affects every healing skill (even Divine Hymn), Monks Mastery doesn't affect our group heals. Why doesn't Chi Burst, RJW, Chi-ji, Essence Font, SoM or Revival benefit from Mastery? Why? Why do Monks have NO baseline skill or mechanic for Mana regeneration? I'm stuck with several hundred millions of artifact power on my Monk because MWs artifact traits are awful. No other healer has so many obvious flaws. And the only thing Blizzard is doing is giving Essence Font a CD. LOL!
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-05-20 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

75: Monk has some underwhelming defense talents whereas Holy Priest has great healing output talents .

Do we even have to discuss this? Holy Priests have an entire talent row more for healing output.
    idk if you would call holy priest talents "great" considering they default to the same talents for every mythic boss

And again, Surge of Light is the only decent choice there. The other two are okay-ish, but Surge of Light is the clear-cut winner.
    No, this is wrong. Holy Priests only ever use Piety and that is it. Surge of Light is very bad generally.

Deleted

Those aren't really the talents a holy priest would pick, it's:
    Enlightenment, light of the naaru, piety, Divinity, Benediction. Enlightenment can be switched for trail of light if mana allows (eg. aluriel, star augur)

But since I main a holy priest and a mistweaver alt for the split runs, I would certainly say that MW is worse off. Also, hpriest gets a nice set bonus for t20 and has some kind of unique utility (the ankh cloak, incredibly good for progression).

Im excited for the new patch for MW however. The new RJW looks like cheap consistent aoe throughput for MW. Something that I really miss so far.

Deleted
    holy priest at least has two somewhat distinct talent sets for m+ and raids not just in talent choice but also in execution and enlightenment isn't a 100% default pick in raids

any variation in mw traits feels far less meaningful (if at all) in comparison

i'd agree the current state of holy priest talents is less than stellar but i see the problem mostly being numbers rather than idiotic mechanics

875 Perfectly Preserved Cake or 880 Leycoral Shard (1712 INT, 1096 CRIT) for raid/dungeon healing?

I'd take the Cake. Mastery for dungeons is great and the additional absorb amounts to 5-6% of overall healing.

Even if MW is competitive healing number wise the whole t20 revision has left a bitter taste in my mouth. It's clunky, only 30% chance, and I hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    PTR is winding down to a close.

I'll chuckle when "We're going to buff Rising Thunder" turns out to be nothing more than a 0.5% mana cost reduction and Chi Wave makes it through a PTR in which Mistweavers were slated for "extra attention".

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    PTR is winding down to a close.

I'll chuckle when "We're going to buff Rising Thunder" turns out to be nothing more than a 0.5% mana cost reduction and Chi Wave makes it through a PTR in which Mistweavers were slated for "extra attention".
    To be honest: how could we expect more than that? We should know better because it hasn't been any different in the last years. I started equipping my Shaman (primarily as Elemental but as Restoration as well) and wow, it's such a difference in healing. All those cooldowns, the burst healing, the mana regeneration (I'm getting 500k+ Mana through Resurgence on every boss fight whereas my MW gets 0 Mana)... it's just sad to see this class / spec go down.

Deleted
    monk was already 3rd alt status for me but with this round of "changes" i'm just gonna drop it and focus on the 3 chars i actually enjoy playing

Deleted
    Just bite the bullet and re roll, especially if you are raiding mythic. Don't put yourself through more pain trying to fire fight as mistweaver when everything else can be better for you and your guild.