Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    tpol is a vulcan.
    While that is true as far as the canon goes, it is worth mentioning that she was intended to be revealed as half-Romulan in the 5th season of ENT... this would have explained her lack of discipline when it came to Trillium D in the 3rd season. But since we never got a 5th season of ENT, yeah, T'Pol is full Vulcan.

Do you want to see these Klingons?

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind that. The "new old Klingons" were fascinating to me in ENT. I would have liked to have seen more of them, particularly that first generation of them who had to deal with the "synaptic re-ordering" that made them act more like humans than Klingons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    While that is true as far as the canon goes, it is worth mentioning that she was intended to be revealed as half-Romulan in the 5th season of ENT...
    Romulans and Vulcans are the same race though.

tpol is a vulcan, tuvok is a vulcan, vorik is a vulcan (voyager), taurik is a vulcan (TNG).

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want to see these Klingons?

Yes, yes I do, as that is how they are supposed to look, at the time in the establisheded cannon. Even If it was some kind of pre virus cryo ship they should still have hair.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-05-20 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    Looks like a heap of garbage again.

I'm going to see it first and give it a chance before shitting all over it. Some of you fanboys are fucking ridiculous on how fast you judge this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Romulans and Vulcans are the same race though.
    They've never been depicted as the same race. They are similar and have a shared ancestry from way, way back, but Romulans are a different race than the Vulcans and have always been depicted as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Yes, yes I do, as that is how they are supposed to look, at the time in the establisheded cannon. Even If it was some kind of pre virus cryo ship they should still have hair.
    It all depends I saw comics in that timeline that has kilingons that are seen prior to the genetic infection

discovery klingon

klingon tng/ds9/voy/ent

They look different but not so much
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2017-05-20 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've never been depicted as the same race. They are similar and have a shared ancestry from way, way back, but Romulans are a different race than the Vulcans and have always been depicted as such.
    I am not referring to the ancient species that most of the humanoid species in Star Trek are seeded from.

Romulans are Vulcans who broke away from Vulcan during the Time of Awakening (in the 4th century CE).

They didn't evolve on Romulus.

Have you never heard of Vulcan Reunification?

Everyone making a distinction between JJ-universe and Roddenberry universe I trust are referring to the time-travel event of the first JJ Star Trek film, since the "universe" is one and the same, and all the new films are canon. Discovery also takes place before the events of JJs Star Trek which means it's theoretically a prequel to both timelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Everyone making a distinction between JJ-universe and Roddenberry universe I trust are referring to the time-travel event of the first JJ Star Trek film, since the "universe" is one and the same, and all the new films are canon. Discovery also takes place before the events of JJs Star Trek which means it's theoretically a prequel to both timelines.
    According to the wiki it takes place in 2255, only a decade before the original series.

The alternate timeline began in in 2233 with the attack on the USS Kelvin.

According to the wiki it takes place in 2255, only a decade before the original series.

The alternate timeline began in in 2233 with the attack on the USS Kelvin.
    Oh dear..I didn't realize. Hahah I'm sure they'll have a good explanation xD

Now that I think about it though, the show will be about humans that weren't be particularly affected by the attack on the Kelvin. And Spocks life and his father's would technically transpire exactly as it did in the original timeline no? I guess you could argue that the of the Kelvin had other effects on Starfleet as a whole, but for all intents and purposes I think they can proceed regardless of timeline.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2017-05-20 at 06:13 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the new first look trailer came out today...

... and it's clearly set in the JJverse. That's a good thing, because I think the Klingons look terrible.

This just isn't what I want. I want the Prime Universe back. There isn't a lot of "Star Trekiness" in this trailer to get me to want to see it.
    It's been removed...
    Looking at the dislikes, I'm thinking that might be why. And going by your descriptions it doesn't surprise me that they've completely missed the point of what Star Trek is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Changing a timeline to the original movies and the previous series cause a separation that I sincerely don't like. There needs to be continuity and connection, or the thing you create will lack meaning and substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not referring to the ancient species that most of the humanoid species in Star Trek are seeded from.

Romulans are Vulcans who broke away from Vulcan during the Time of Awakening (in the 4th century CE).
    That is exactly what I was referring to. They are now a different race. Similar, but not identical. This is one of the reasons why the injured Romulan in the TNG episode "The Enemy" couldn't use the cellular components he needed to survive from the Vulcans onboard the Enterprise and instead needed Worf's. The Vulcans and Romulans have a common ancestry, but are not "the same race."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends I saw comics in that timeline that has kilingons that are seen prior to the genetic infection

discovery klingon

klingon tng/ds9/voy/ent

They look different but not so much
    Not so much? Are you serious? The only thing that's the same are the forehead ridges. They have no hair at all and they look like they're in a big rubber suit. THEYRE COMPLETELY BLACK!
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Not so much? Are you serious? The only thing that's the same are the forehead ridges. They have no hair at all and they look like they're in a big rubber suit. THEYRE COMPLETELY BLACK!
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    The suit is weird, that's true

But in the old movies it was seen that there were bald klingons

the skin color??

see this female human of the real life
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2017-05-20 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The comic books have never been considered canon by CBS/Paramount.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been removed...
    Looking at the dislikes, I'm thinking that might be why. And going by your descriptions it doesn't surprise me that they've completely missed the point of what Star Trek is.
    Here it is.

"Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been removed...
    I can play it just fine using my original link.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Here it is.

Now THAT one doesn't play for me. Must be a region-thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    You know that fashion changes with time, no?
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    That is exactly what I was referring to. They are now a different race. Similar, but not identical. This is one of the reasons why the injured Romulan in the TNG episode "The Enemy" couldn't use the cellular components he needed to survive from the Vulcans onboard the Enterprise and instead needed Worf's. The Vulcans and Romulans have a common ancestry, but are not "the same race."
    The word you are looking for that will help you get the point across is evolved.

They were the same race but in two different environments over a long period of time they followed two separate paths of evolution.

I think they are considered two separate races now but I'm not so sure they really are all that different.

Romulans compared to Remans seems to be a greater difference and they evolved on the same planet after leaving Vulcan.