Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plobster View Post
    Worth the money?
    If you have a Wii U or Switch, it's definitely worth the money. Is it worth buying a system solely for this one game? Hard to advise from that perspective. I'm having a blast, though. There's a ton of creative things you can do and ways to approach things. It's fun being able to climb almost anything just to wander around and it's easy to go to one place only to wind up seeing something in the distance and head there just to see what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Am I the only one who liked eventide island? Everyone just saying it's a bitch and awful and hard but it was like... super easy but fun, was like I was on survivor. Grabbed a couple weapons, night fall came and I did sneak strike to kill most things and for Hinox I glided on his belly and stole the ball thing and left before he woke up lol
    I didn't find it hard or awful. Only the Hinox gave me trouble; I tried to shoot the ball off of it with arrows but it wasn't working, so I thought you had to kill it. Tried stasis-launching the rocks on the cliff above onto it to kill it, but it was hard to aim them at it. Eventually I just started chucking bombs at it as it ran around the path up to me, jumped down, let it get about halfway back while I climbed up again, and started over. At around 50% health I realized the ball wasn't around its neck anymore--one of the bombs had knocked it off. So I let the Hinox reset and completed the trial. Took a looong time to get it down to 50% with only bombs though. xD

Am I the only one who liked eventide island? Everyone just saying it's a bitch and awful and hard but it was like... super easy but fun, was like I was on survivor. Grabbed a couple weapons, night fall came and I did sneak strike to kill most things and for Hinox I glided on his belly and stole the ball thing and left before he woke up lol
    Eventide Island was probably the best thing in the entire game tbh.

Anyone hating on it must just be a pleb who couldn't figure out how to survive without carrying around 20 60 damage weps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Eventide Island was probably the best thing in the entire game tbh.

Anyone hating on it must just be a pleb who couldn't figure out how to survive without carrying around 20 60 damage weps.
    I mean the entire island is trivialized by the fact that night exist. All the mobs sleep, you just sneak strike them all and fly on top of Hinox and grab the ball pretty easy but I spent the day (cause I got there in the morning) just being like the TV show survivor.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a neat little challenge to run through everything without your gear, almost like starting over for a bit. I certainly wouldn't mind if they added another similar place like it in the future DLC.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

This game has so many old landmarks from other zelda games, but I never found Turtle Rock, is it in the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    I didn't find it hard or awful. Only the Hinox gave me trouble; I tried to shoot the ball off of it with arrows but it wasn't working, so I thought you had to kill it. Tried stasis-launching the rocks on the cliff above onto it to kill it, but it was hard to aim them at it. Eventually I just started chucking bombs at it as it ran around the path up to me, jumped down, let it get about halfway back while I climbed up again, and started over. At around 50% health I realized the ball wasn't around its neck anymore--one of the bombs had knocked it off. So I let the Hinox reset and completed the trial. Took a looong time to get it down to 50% with only bombs though. xD
    I learned from encountering my first Hinox that you can just stand on their hand - and when they itch their stomach they put you there. You can just grab the orb (and weapons from their neck) and run and they don't wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I learned from encountering my first Hinox that you can just stand on their hand - and when they itch their stomach they put you there. You can just grab the orb (and weapons from their neck) and run and they don't wake up.
    Wish I'd known that before I got to that part, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Oh that's clever would of never thought of that

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why I felt compelled to try that the first time I found one sleeping - but it totally works!

Got my 3rd divine beast 60 hours in, getting drained at this point. I think the world is a little too big. There is a lot of redundancies imo, a couple of areas you could of just cut cause there is literally nothing. Getting the giant horse for instance you have to go through a huge valley..... with nothing else in it (except filler mobs) kinda pointless.

and 120 shrines again is redundant. I like the zones with the divine beasts in them and the dragons and Terry town but I think the game is big just for the sake of saying "we are bigger than skyrim"

The desert is the best zone though, shit ton of mechanics it's pretty fun and I got a pic of when Link was first cross dressing WHEN HE POSED AS A SHY GIRL shit made me laugh was great

Well i avoided most of the thread to go in blind and just finished it story wise. still a good 30 shrines left to find but man. Talk about a disappointing ending. Great art, okay music when it showed its head and areas like the temple of time and hyrule castle were total nostalgia trips. But even if the minute to minute gameplay was sound i found myself wanting to replay wind waker more than once.

Its a fun game, id rank it better than minish cap but not as good as wind waker or links awakening in terms of fun i had but this kind of ended up being exactly what i expected it to be. The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Pain. An open world with great gameplay, neat characters, little story and weak bosses that leaves you feeling like there was a better story that wasn't told but shown that you missed it already. If the after credits scene wasn't put it i would probably left feeling really let down but for a Zelda that was hyped for its story it honestly felt like it fell way short of windwaker.

Of course the two things i bare in mind is 1:wind waker is a direct sequel to ocarina so right from the "after you left ocarina behind everything went to shit" gut punch you have more of a connection to the world and 2:this is something coming after games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls did way more with less. Another game with the old 'lock on, circle strafe and animation lock to win gg no re' but they simply used something as basic as a hollowed out dude with a sword and some piano to leave a lasting impression. Calamity Ganon felt like another Zeldas mid tier dungeon boss after 4 key guarding mini bosses. So i guess in some way its on me and better boss fights have ruined the finale in some fashion but i think i went in expecting story and thats really not the game. You need to go in expecting MGSV not MGS3 so to speak.

Still a great game and i had a blast over the 60 hours or so, so its not like i didn't get my moneys worth but man it just all comes to a conclusion thats summed up as "wind waker but not as interesting" and its kind of a shame that a game where dialogue is basically "OOOOOYYYYYY" on repeat can tell a better story.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well i avoided most of the thread to go in blind and just finished it story wise. still a good 30 shrines left to find but man. Talk about a disappointing ending. Great art, okay music when it showed its head and areas like the temple of time and hyrule castle were total nostalgia trips. But even if the minute to minute gameplay was sound i found myself wanting to replay wind waker more than once.

Its a fun game, id rank it better than minish cap but not as good as wind waker or links awakening in terms of fun i had but this kind of ended up being exactly what i expected it to be. The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Pain. An open world with great gameplay, neat characters, little story and weak bosses that leaves you feeling like there was a better story that wasn't told but shown that you missed it already. If the after credits scene wasn't put it i would probably left feeling really let down but for a Zelda that was hyped for its story it honestly felt like it fell way short of windwaker.

Of course the two things i bare in mind is 1:wind waker is a direct sequel to ocarina so right from the "after you left ocarina behind everything went to shit" gut punch you have more of a connection to the world and 2:this is something coming after games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls did way more with less. Another game with the old 'lock on, circle strafe and animation lock to win gg no re' but they simply used something as basic as a hollowed out dude with a sword and some piano to leave a lasting impression. Calamity Ganon felt like another Zeldas mid tier dungeon boss after 4 key guarding mini bosses. So i guess in some way its on me and better boss fights have ruined the finale in some fashion but i think i went in expecting story and thats really not the game. You need to go in expecting MGSV not MGS3 so to speak.

Still a great game and i had a blast over the 60 hours or so, so its not like i didn't get my moneys worth but man it just all comes to a conclusion thats summed up as "wind waker but not as interesting" and its kind of a shame that a game where dialogue is basically "OOOOOYYYYYY" on repeat can tell a better story.
    how is it wind waker but not as interesting? the story doesnt feel like wind waker at all to me.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how is it wind waker but not as interesting? the story doesnt feel like wind waker at all to me.
    An open world full of rito, koroks and advanced ancient technology thats actually a ruined hyrule where the kings spirit guides link to helping zelda stop ganon by landing a killing blow in his forehead and then they spend the ending talking about building a new, better hyrule isn't slightly similar to wind waker?

Zelda games all share similarities but this is a little more similar to an earlier game than a lot of the others are in relation to each others core plot and ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    An open world full of rito, koroks and advanced ancient technology thats actually a ruined hyrule where the kings spirit guides link to helping zelda stop ganon by landing a killing blow in his forehead and then they spend the ending talking about building a new, better hyrule isn't slightly similar to wind waker?

Zelda games all share similarities but this is a little more similar to an earlier game than a lot of the others are in relation to each others core plot and ideas.
    its basically zelda 1

but with better graphics

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    its basically zelda 1

but with better graphics
    And they went full anime.

Even Waifu'd up Zelda with dem curves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    And they went full anime.

Even Waifu'd up Zelda with dem curves.
    She thiiicccccccc also has a personality that isnt as anime as skyward swords.... that Zelda was full Anime gurl.

nintendo proving they cut content to resell.

The backstory of the 4 champions and how you know and met them? Yea should have been in the fucking game at the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    nintendo proving they cut content to resell.

The backstory of the 4 champions and how you know and met them? Yea should have been in the fucking game at the start.
    I mean, its not like we got a story with them and this is a side story. This is pretty core shit. This is Javik in ME3 Levels of BS